PDA

View Full Version : Fatal accident in B.C.

rotornut
10th Feb 2011, 15:41
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/936125--two-killed-in-b-c-plane-crash?bn=1

heloguy412
10th Feb 2011, 19:27
So I have to ask the question. What is the reason for civilian aircraft to fly in formation? Sad about the fatalities but it sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Just for fun doesn't seem to be a good enough reason.

ecnalubma
12th Feb 2011, 00:53
My sympathies to the family and freinds of the pilots involved.

superdunkaroos
13th Feb 2011, 07:38
Sad news indeed

Did my training at boundary bay airport, went to the mission area for all my private and commercial training.

Just a few things i noticed:

It really is not the safest place to be. The terminal airspace has made this area smaller over the years, sometimes in the summer as many as 15-20 planes could be seen in that area(roughly 10x5 NM Area, upto a height of 5000-6000 from the surface) all working on their spins,stalls,spirals etc.

I personally had to cancel one of my flight test items due to traffic, add to this that not all of the guys would make position/intention reports really makes you think twice about this place when its busy.

There are two more practice areas close by one being pitt meadows and the other north east of abbotsford(sumas?) not really utilised by many.