PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Shirts- recommendations wanted!

n9537q
7th Feb 2011, 17:43
I want to buy some quality, tapered LADIES pilot shirts! Up until now I have made do with mens ones since those were the only ones available when I needed them...) but enough is enough I don't want to look like a bag any more.

Can anyone recommend where to buy some (online is ok). Also a nice crossover tie would be great too...

And while we are on the topic, you airline or corporate folks- what do the lady pilots wear? Is there any difference in the uniform from what the men wear?

thanks! gotta look my best =) j/k

redsnail
7th Feb 2011, 18:04
I wear so called ladies pilot shirts. Still too baggy really. Colleagues get them tailored, so far I haven't been bothered.

As for the neck wear. I wear either the mens tie or a silly little scarf thing that IMHO looks silly. However, that's what they want us to wear.
The tie is useful to "look like a pilot" in countries that have yet to really accept that women can drive, let alone fly aeroplanes. :ugh:

LH-OAB
7th Feb 2011, 19:37
I would highly recommend the Churchill Ladies Pilot Shirt. I wear the short sleeved version - haven't tried the long sleeved one. The quality and fit are very good and they still look white after repeated washing (chucked into the washing machine).

Hope this isn't construed as an advert: Burlington Uniforms Ltd - Providing all your staff/work uniforms and corporatewear needs. (http://www.burlington-uniforms.co.uk) The code for the ladies shirt is 5212.

n9537q
9th May 2011, 22:26
Thanks girls!! I just bought one of those funny cross-over ties-- now I just need to buy about 5 more boring beige bras......:O