PDA

View Full Version : Question on the great country of Canada!

B767PL
7th Feb 2011, 14:40
Hey guys,

Asking this for a friend of mine.

Things in the U.S at least on the regional level have somewhat picked up.

Various companies are hiring, and are forecast to continue hiring. Hopefully hiring at the majors/legacy level will begin shortly just as well, especially once retirements start kicking in.

What is the general outlook in Canada? How does the market look at the moment? Are any airlines hiring, and what are they?

The pilot in question is a 2,000hr TT pilot, with time in jets and on Boeing aircraft. What are the perspectives for this type of experience in Canada at the moment?

Very much appreciate your replies. Thanks guys.

clevlandHD
7th Feb 2011, 15:26
Why can't your friend ask this himself? Just asking...

B767PL
7th Feb 2011, 15:36
Good question, he asked me a favor knowing I post here, so I said no problem.

I didn't ask him why can't he just do it himself.

clunckdriver
7th Feb 2011, 15:56
Judging by the number of flight time verification requests and reference check -up e mails I have recieved from various outfits in regards to ex employees of ours {Sold out four years ago} things seem to be on the upswing. Having said this at least one more outfit I suspect will go under soon, but as most the staff {line pilots}and aircraft will most likely be picked up by a larger operator with similar equipment it shouldnt be much of a blip. Good luck to all of you starting out!

lucky37
8th Feb 2011, 04:30
2000TT isn't considered much time in Canada. He will need at least 3500 to 4000TT to apply for WestJet or Air Canada. There are other companies that might like that time, such as First Air, Canadian North, Flair Air, Hawk Air, Nolinor, possibly others.

As for job prospects, there is much hiring going on right now.