PDA

View Full Version : Air 2000

KazBird
5th Dec 2000, 01:47
Can anyone help me out with any company info about Air 2000. All I can find on the web is their own site which contains an element of bias!! Have an interview on Wed for their sponsorship scheme and would like to be able to impress them with original knowledge rather than just reciting their own propaganda.

Thanx

Desk Driver
5th Dec 2000, 16:16
Firstly Good luck!!

If your selected you'll be sent to Cab Air at Cranfield for your basic training which I think includes 6 weeks in Florida.

This is the best info I could get!

The second largest charter airline in the UK, Air 2000 is a subsidiary of the First Choice Group. The First Choice tour operator division feeds Air 2000 with approximately 66% of the 7 million passengers it carries per year. In the summer months, Air 2000 operates from 15 UK and Irish airports to approximately 50 popular tourist destinations,next year they will begin charter flights to recife and natal in Brazil,also they offer non-stop scheduled flights from London (Gatwick), Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle to Larnaca and Paphos as well as sched's to PMI ACE and others. Whilst during slacker winter months Air 2000 dry leases aircraft overseas.
Air 2000 is ranked 62nd largest airline in the world by passenger

In 1999, Air 2000 won the Best UK Charter Airline Award (Travel Weekly), Top Short-haul Charter Airline 1999 by Travel Bulletin Magazine and Best Charter Airline for 1999 by the Scottish Passenger Agents Association.

History Date established: 1986

Date operations started: 11 Apr 1987

Founded in 1986 with a fleet of two Boeing 757, using Manchester Airport as its operational base, the inaugural service departed for Malaga on 11 April 1987. Air 2000 then proceeded to open several hubs; Glasgow in 1988, Gatwick in 1990, Birmingham International in 1991, Bristol in 1992, Newcastle in 1994, Belfast in 1995 and Stansted in 1998. 1996 Dublin became the airline's first international hub. A new livery was launched in November 1996, which brought the airline closer to First Choice's by using it's corporate colours.

First Choice, Air 2000s owner purchased Unijet, Leisure International Airways
(Gawd bless 'em)' owner in June 1998. Leisure International Airways has now been fully integrated into Air 2000.

The Fleet consists of;

Airbus Industrie A320-200 4
Airbus Industrie A321-200 5
Boeing 757-200 11
Boeing 767-300ER 4

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

KazBird
5th Dec 2000, 23:42
Thanx DD,

Info is much appreciated. Hope it helps me out tomorrow
Thanx again
KB

Imhotep
6th Dec 2000, 00:44
Does anyone know if they're still recruiting D/E F/O's? Their requirements re hours etc and whether BHX is available as a base would be appreciated.

Mr Benn
6th Dec 2000, 03:07
Air 2000 have just completed this round of DEP selection. The current hours requirements are 2000 hours TT with some turbo prop experience. If you are ex-military this will definitely help you get a job, whether its ex fighter or helicopter seems to be largely irrelevant. The hours requirements do vary from recruiting season to recruiting season.

Some minor corrections to Desk Drivers posting.
First Choice is a large group, and as well as the airline it also owns travel agents. The brand list is long and includes Unijet, Hayes and Jarvis, Sovereign, Twenties, and Sunsail.
There are a number of main bases but throughout the year other bases are used, including Exeter, Norwich and Blackpool.
Scheduled flights were introduced this year, and are basically exactly the same flights that were previously flown under a charter flight number.
Regular scheduled flights include Tenerife, Lanzarote, Larnaca, Paphos and Palma.
Gatwick is the biggest base, and Air 2000 is the biggest charter operator at Gatwick.
Air 2000 headquarters are in Manchester with additional parts (from Fleet Offices to Payroll) based at Gatwick, which is also where First Choice HQ is.
During the winter, a number of B757s are reconfigured in all-VIP layout and go off on 3-5 week round the world trips.
Air 2000 also does a large number of daystops in the winter for Transun, such as the Lapland flights and day trips to European destinations like Venice and Berlin.
Other leases in winter are always wet leases.

Desk Driver
6th Dec 2000, 13:36
Thanks Mr B, I forgot about those points, I hope Kaz picked up your thread in time.

Kaz I appologize.

One Thing that might redeem me though,

Air 2000 is to introduce Premium seating on some shorthaul flights next year. particulary those operated on the A321's.

It also owns the Ten Group in turkey, which owns Onur Air & Sunquest Holidays over here.

The Retail Brands are
Travelchoice
Holiday Hypermarkets
& Bakers Dolphin
Plus holdings in others such as Hay's Travel

AAHH, HHAAA!!!

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

[This message has been edited by Desk Driver (edited 06 December 2000).]

KazBird
8th Dec 2000, 23:41
Thanks for the extra info. Did not get it before the interview but all seemed to go ok anyway and there were very few questions asked about the airline which surprised me. Just waiting for the rejection letter to land on the doormat some time next week.

cheers,
Kaz

BN2A
11th Dec 2000, 21:18
If you get through to the final board, then phone the customer service people at Manchester, explain the situation, and ask for a media pack... That had lots of little goodies and useful snippets in...

Bad news if you do get selected overall though...
We don't go to Florida
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif