PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 296 Missing Airspace

kevfarthing
5th Feb 2011, 12:29
Could anyone help with this one? I updated my Garmin 296 this morning and now have no airspace. Been through all settings and cannot find anything. Help would be much appreciated. I have updated to cycle 1102

Genghis the Engineer
5th Feb 2011, 13:51
I've had a similar problem with my Garmin Aera; the Garmin support desk email sorted it for me. I think it was a failure on my part to enter the right approval code.

G

kevfarthing
5th Feb 2011, 15:33
Many thanks. I have dropped Garmin an email so I will see what they come up with.

kevfarthing
7th Feb 2011, 08:47
Spoke to Garmin this morning and it would seem, after a bit of a session, that the same problem happened to one of their 296 units as I spoke to them. Looks like its an issue with Atlantic Aviation Database 1102 but only on 296 units.

Tool8: Garmin working on it at the moment. Will update here when they get back to me.

TooL8
7th Feb 2011, 20:58
Kevfarthing What was the fix? My 296 doing the same with 1102. Do I need to re-install or contact Garmin? Thanks Tool8

kevfarthing
8th Feb 2011, 16:07
Tool8,

Been back on to Garmin. They updated one of their units and the same thing happened. The software is issued from Garmin in Kansas, USA and they have been made aware if the issue but it may tale a few days for the fix. I kicked off with them today as they will not re-release the previous cycle so until the fix is corrected we are stuck with units that are useless.

I am off work all this week so I will keep on top of them and, now I know you have the same problem, I will post here as soon as I find out.

If you need to speak to someone at Garmin UK my contact is Andrew and the number is 0870-850-1242.

Regards

Kev

kevfarthing
10th Feb 2011, 07:17
Still no resolve for the issue but I will be chasing Garmin again today.

Kev

TooL8
10th Feb 2011, 10:11
Got my confirmation back from Garmin who also confirm a problem. Both US and uK product support admit a problem.

Now I can stop fiddling with the settings trying to get the blue lines back!

kevfarthing
10th Feb 2011, 12:55
Tool8,
spoke to Garmin again today and it seems that the cycle is going to be a difficult one to fix to they are going to re-release 1101 under the same update cycle 1102 and then give themselves a bit of breathing space so they can get it corrected by cycle 1103.
I am just reinstalling every day until the lines come back!!!
Watch this space.

kevfarthing
11th Feb 2011, 16:36
The updates are finally available on Fly Garmins site. The cycle will install 1101 back on your unit until they can get 1102 working.

I have the lines back!!!!