PDA

View Full Version : Private Pilots Licence made easy book

Master Yoda
4th Feb 2011, 12:46
Has anyone used this book?

Is it worth a look, as an accompaniment to the standard books or confuser?

Private Pilots Licence made easy - The practical guide to the JAA PPL syllabus (http://www.pplme.co.uk/)

Ryan5252
4th Feb 2011, 13:12
Personally, I can't see the need is spending the extra money on something which won't tell you anything more than you will have in your books already.

The PPL groundschool books are very good IMO, I personally used the Jeremy Pratt books and they come highly recommended. The costs of PPLMe book is about the equivillent of 1 ground exam or an hour of so of ground school!

I'd only buy the required books and take it from there first.

Ryan

TR24
4th Feb 2011, 14:39
I bought the ebook version a few days ago. It isn't 50 pages, it's 24 and doesn't include a Q and A section. I emailed the author and got the Q and A section emailed to me as a pdf.

If i'd have paid £30 for the printed version i think i'd be very disappointed. At £10 it's not too bad as a quick refresher.

WILCO.XMG
31st Mar 2011, 09:40
Im using the PPL Perfector along with Pratt.
Plenty of questions and they are all explained. V.good book although could have been proof read a few more times.

My 2 cents.

Kolossi
31st Mar 2011, 11:52
I like the PPL Perfector too, but if you are thinking of buying it, make sure you are buying the second edition which has a number of corrections over the first edition. I believe the third edition will be out soon, and will of course include more corrections (including some as a result of my submissions to the author :ok:) but my school is still selling the first edition. Buyer beware!