PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft 'crash' in Hanningfield

vulcanised
3rd Feb 2011, 19:43
Sounds like a forced landing to me

BBC News - Light aircraft crashes into Essex field (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-12361432)

Ryan5252
3rd Feb 2011, 20:57
A light aircraft has crashed into a field in Essex.the pilot was not trapped in the planeno-one was injuredHow the :mad: is that a Crash (http://oxforddictionaries.com/search?searchType=dictionary&isWritersAndEditors=true&searchUri=All&q=crash&_searchBtn=Search&contentVersion=WORLD)???

:ugh:

Pace
3rd Feb 2011, 22:15
Ryan

Aircraft lands in field doesnt sound as newsworthy as Aircraft crashes in Field :E

The pilot was not trapped in the aircraft sounds better than the pilot opened the door and casually stepped out smiling.

No one was injured sounds better than the pilot headed off at a fast walking pace to a nearby pub to make some calls and get a pint.

Real line should have been

Aircraft lands in a field! The pilot opened the door and casually stepped out smiling then headed off to a nearby pub to make some calls and get a pint.

How many papers will you sell with that?

Pace

kevmusic
4th Feb 2011, 07:16
I was down at Headcorn yesterday. I must have seen - now let me think - about a dozen aircraft crashing into the field. :hmm:

lightning_lad
4th Feb 2011, 07:18
The Local Echo paper states that the propeller 'fell off'!:eek:
I'd have more concearn as to where thats ended up!

VFR Transit
4th Feb 2011, 08:17
Does anyone know a little more information in terms of reg and location of plane, please PM me as I have some good friends that fly in that area for upper airwork training.

Thanks
VFR

Mr Cessna
4th Feb 2011, 09:22
The plane made a crash landing in a field off Warren Lane, South Hanningfield shortly after 4pm.

Emergency crews took an hour or so trying to find the aeroplane :rolleyes:

A rescue helicopter from RAF Wattisham was scrambled to find the missing aircraft.

vulcanised
4th Feb 2011, 11:47
I would think lots of people have lots of friends who fly in that area, VFR.

It's a popular 'playground' just outside the SEN active area,

Mr Cessna
4th Feb 2011, 14:06
The Echo also stated that it was a single seater aeroplane :confused:

DX Wombat
4th Feb 2011, 15:37
Emergency crews took an hour or so trying to find the aeroplaneIf that is true then it is extremely worrying.

patowalker
4th Feb 2011, 16:48
Echo:

Light aircraft glides into field

A light aircraft came down in a farmer’s field after a propeller fell off mid-flight. The lucky pilot managed to glide into farmland off Warren Road, South Hanningfield, and walk away unscathed. But an RAF helicopter was called out because of initial fears that someone had been injured.
Firefighters, police and an ambulance raced to the scene at about 4.10pm yesterday to search for the pilot of the single-seater plane.

Red Four
4th Feb 2011, 20:58
I heard it was a Tipsy Nipper G-ATBW.