PDA

View Full Version : FAA Verification-Letter required?

arr
3rd Feb 2011, 12:53
Hi
I have gone through the process for having my JAA PPL verified by the FAA for issue of a temporary airman's cert. I contacted the FAA last week who said a letter was on it's way that day. I still have no letter but I leave for the States this weekend. Do I actually have to have the verification letter in hand or will the fact the FSDO have the verification be enough to book the appointment and have my licence verified?

B2N2
3rd Feb 2011, 13:08
You need the letter in hand (based on my experience).
Anybody at home who can forward the letter with UPS/Fedex?
Little too late for you know but that is why I always recommend to have the letter send to your holiday adress and not your home adress.
Holiday adress or the adress of the flightschool at which you will be flying/training.
Let us know how it works out for you.

arr
3rd Feb 2011, 13:14
Hi
I'm thinking to have it faxed or emailled and I can print it off at my hotel. Trying to get FAA on the phone but not getting answered when i call.

Paris Dakar
3rd Feb 2011, 13:52
arr,

I got mine a couple of weeks back and according to the stamp date it took around 10 days to get to the UK from Oklahoma. And yes, you do need the letter in your hand! When you contact the FSDO to make your appt you'll be asked to log onto the FAA website too (IACRA) to commence your application too.

HTH

PD

Cusco
3rd Feb 2011, 14:37
If you do get through to the FAA and they're not prepared to fax a copy to you here is it worth asking them to post a copy addressed to you care of your nominated FSDO:

Then contact the FSDO, explain the circumstances and ask them to hold on to it pending your appointment.

It will be internal US post and is less likely to get lost

Ryan5252
5th Feb 2011, 01:14
OP,

Did you get sorted in the end? Hopefully it worked out for you.