PDA

View Full Version : CAA Papua New Guinea (PNG)

G. Bolton
1st Feb 2011, 23:42
Does anyone have experiance sitting the AME exam in PNG? I am interested, but the online resourses seem dodgie.

piggybank
2nd Feb 2011, 06:53
Assuming you have your overseas license such as CASA or EASA, you only take the Air Leg. Its worth a bit of study and no doubt your new employer will have study notes. They also supply the reference materal when you do the exam.

The exam for mechs is open book but if you rely on looking up the answers there will not be enough time. You are responsible for bringing the reference material into the exam, it will be checked before you start the exam that its the right stuff.

Its 50 questions, and if my memory serves me right two hours to do it in.

G. Bolton
2nd Feb 2011, 17:38
Piggybank;
For the engineers exam, the studt guide lists all the relavant CAR's but also all the applicable AC's. Do you know if the exam is weighted more towards the CAR's or AC's? Also, if my material taken to class includes my hand noted and tabs, will it be acceptable to the examiner?? many thanks and cheers..

Salusa
16th Feb 2011, 20:57
AA Exam is open book so pretty easy.

Best way to revise is to find out how/where to find the answers in AC/CAR's rather than learn by rote. Some people were lucky and got the exam paper for the questions they used to study, others, including myself got a complete new paper.

You will need to take your own copy of CAR/AC's anyway so no problem with having sections tabbed/highlighted.

My particular exam leaned more towards CAR's.

Its not hard mate, a few hours study a day one week before exam and you should breeze it.