PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone find out about Charter Flights..

EGGD
29th Oct 2001, 20:19
Hi there,

I have been looking for ages to find out what aircraft i will be travelling on in December on our family to Canada.

We will be flying with AIH (unfortunetely?), departing on December the 19th at 10:45am from MAN and arriving at YYC at 1:15pm. Returning on December the 29th leaving YYC at 3:15pm and arriving at 6:45am at MAN. If anyone could tell me what aircraft will be flying this route i would be very grateful (so far i have told it could be any of the AIH widebody fleet so...).

Regards

Dan

NO NEED NOW

[ 29 October 2001: Message edited by: EGGD ]

Silkman
1st Nov 2001, 03:26
EGGD...With those dates and times it's a Monarch A330 probably including AIH pax.
Ops LGW-MAN-YYC-MAN-LGW

foxmoth
3rd Nov 2001, 00:13
And before you are so rude about AIH LH you may like to read this on the Pax & SLF forum:- http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get topic&f=51&t=000229

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: foxmoth ]

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: foxmoth ]

EGGD
3rd Nov 2001, 02:00
Well, i was told by someone with the AIH winter schedule after i posted this that it will be an Airtours 767 (like i'd been told before, BUT then someone contradicted that by saying it would be an airtours A330)...

But i am pretty sure its the AIH 767 because the flight numbers matched up exactly sooo..

Localiser Green
3rd Nov 2001, 04:51
Since the inception of the MAN-YYC Airtours route the service has been operated by a 767-300. I travelled on such an aircraft in Feb 1999 to and from YYC.

However last winter (2000/2001 season) the first few weeks of the season were operated by the DC-10 (travelling on Dec 19th you are one of the early birds for this route!)

I very much doubt that the MON A330 has taken over the Manchester AIH rotation. When I flew the route BY flew the 762 twice weekly from LGW and AIH the 763 twice weekly from MAN (both Wed/Sat). Monarch took over the Gatwick route from BY last winter, but the AIH flight from MAN continued to fly.

I therefore find it hard to belive that AIH has dropped it's twice-weekly direct MAN-YYC-MAN rotation with MON doing a LGW-MAN-YYC type affair.

My experience on the AIH 763 was fantastic service there and back, and on the return flight I spent an hour or so on the flightdeck followed by a jumpseat landing on 24R at MAN in the early hours. It was a truly great flight!

And don't let anyone kid you about those DC-10s either, I travelled MAN-ACE-MAN just a week ago on the AIH DC10 and although I was somewhat down-beat about flying on a DC-10, it exceeded my expectations. Again, the crew were very good to accomodate me and my endless questions on the flightdeck!

Have a great time on the slopes, if you're going to Lake Louise or Banff, they are great resorts!

foxmoth
3rd Nov 2001, 18:44
With the current state of the world things are constantly changing so you could be flying on almost anything!

EGGD
4th Nov 2001, 13:29
I was actually hoping it would be a DC-10, afterall, it might be the first and only time i will get to fly on one : :eek:

Eeeeerrrkk, i'm actually visiting Jasper, i hope that was 'supposed' to be on your list :rolleyes:

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: EGGD ]

SFly
5th Nov 2001, 05:54
I was about to jump in and defend Airtours, but no need now, thank you Silkman, Foxmoth, Loc Green. :)

It is scheduled for a 767 but at any given moment they could play swapsies and suddenly you find yourself in an aircraft with an extra engine . . . chances are not with a DC-10 unless the 767 has gone tech or previously engaged.

And don't worry . . . the flight experience will be fantastic. ;)

SFly

Sir_Lurkalot
5th Nov 2001, 15:09
EGGD

Jasper is a way cool place. Was there earlier this year. Mail me if you'd like some suggestions :cool:

Localiser Green
6th Nov 2001, 02:58
EGGD, Sorry not to give Jasper a mention! I have heard great things about it - but only have first-hand experience of Lake Loiuse and Banff.

It was the 5 hour transfer that put me off Jasper, but have also been told that the trip features breathtaking scenery. Even the Lake Louise transfer was great - west of Calgary is flat as a pancake for 30-40 miles, then 5 minutes later you're surrounded by the peaks! Awesome :cool:

Whether it be a 763 or DC10, let us know how it went when you get back. Have a great trip.

Loc Green.

EGGD
6th Nov 2001, 04:42
Hi,

I do hope it will be a DC10, because i have flown 767's on a few occaisions before (with Qantas) and i know the DC10's are of a dying breed, i just hope i get to fly on one..

Yeah, i heard that the road to Jasper was breathtaking, i'm just wondering what the weather will be like over christmas (yeah i know it'll be -30C, but snowy or sunny) whether it will be good for some piccies.

Anyway once i've got back from the trip (as long as i have my digital camera) i'll get some pictures and tell you all about it.

Btw. if anyone got the wrong idea about me and Airtours, i was merely questioning whether they were a good airline or not (having never previously flown them), there was no malice there!!!

Regards

Dan

Fast Jet Wannabe
6th Nov 2001, 23:27
Sorry to jump in on someone elses post, but I will be flying from LGW to Goa later this month.

I'm booked with JMC, but am told by my travel agent that I'm flying with Monarch.

Thanks

FJW