PDA

View Full Version : New Club World on BA's 767 fleet?

Speedbird744
28th Oct 2001, 22:38
Why is it all of BA's longhaul fleet have the new club world (and world traveller plus) but not the 767??

Gaza
29th Oct 2001, 13:06
BA is a long way from converting all of the long-haul fleet. According to the Evening Standard the programme is being slowed to save costs. LHR fleet was expected to be completed by January, with LGW by the end of 2002. Looks like the programme will slip to 2003.

DownIn3Green
29th Oct 2001, 15:34
True.

Oct 11 I upgraded my family to Club one way LHR/MIA because I was told the "sleeper seats" had been installed, and was assigned same.

We actually got the old "cradle" seats.

Rip-off plus. Total waste of $3,400.

PS-Travelling with 2 infants I requested an electric cart to meet us in MIA, only to be told upon arrival that this service had been discontinued the week previous.

Speedbird744
29th Oct 2001, 16:07
So it could be said that the 767 fleet will eventually have the new club world?
In a way, it must do, as it will still be doing longhaul flights to JFK and Washington?

eeper
30th Oct 2001, 06:31
The 767 doesn't do JFK from LHR, only from MAN and (until recently) LGW. Listen carefully to the adverts and you'll see that New Club World is only on routes from LHR so far.

767 doesn't do Washington either (yet). I have it on good authority that because of the extra space NCW uses it won't be fitted to 767s for a little while. Fitting it will apparently cause the loss of First on those aircraft and the extra revenue from a few First tickets outweighs the appeal of having flat beds in business class.