PDA

View Full Version : Log hours in private flying?

m4x
1st Feb 2011, 08:45
Hi

Can a pilot holding a JAR C525 co-pilot rating log hours as F/O if:

- The flight is private (Company meeting)
- Cpt holds a JAR C525 single pilot rating (Also owner of the company)
- Passenger onboard (from the company)
- The pilot holding this JAR C525 co-pilot rating gettig paid
- The aircraft owner is the company but the aircraft is registered on an AOC from a real airline

???????????????

BackPacker
1st Feb 2011, 08:57
You cannot log P2 hours if it's a single-pilot aircraft.

Under JAA rules, the only time that two people on board a single pilot aircraft can both log the hours (meaningfully I mean, not SNY or something else silly that doesn't count for anything) is in the instructor/student or examiner/student situation.

Unless it's a single-pilot aircraft, but company SOP or other rules *require* a multi-crew operation. In that case multi-crew logging rules apply.

Merritt
1st Feb 2011, 09:05
This may be more of a question than answering the original post but...

My understanding is that if the aircraft is operating under an AOC for public transport ops, the multi crew bit applies for IFR/night.. My query then is if the AOC public transport aircraft is empty (say an empty leg after dropping of pax), is it technically still flying under its AOC or is it classified as private?

englishal
1st Feb 2011, 09:14
I think it depends on the type of operation, of which I am not an expert I am afraid. I used to fly as safety pilot in the B200 which is a single pilot aeroplane, but to extend duty time they could fly with a type rated First Officer, which then made the operation multi crew.

Whopity
1st Feb 2011, 09:55
m4x has answered his own question

The flight is private
Single Pilot Aeroplane
You can't log it unless you are the pilot!
If it was an AOC operation then refer to the Ops Manual.