PDA

View Full Version : Luggage on seats in cabin, commercial flight

supik
31st Jan 2011, 11:48
Hi,

some airline allow to carry on baggage on passenger seats when it is fastened correctly, does not obscure the e exits etc. My question is whether it is legal in Europe (where do I find?) and how to put it into the loadsheed. We use a computerized loadsheet, so the only way for me would be to add it as LMC but how to count for the correct trim-balance?

thank you for your answers!

Capetonian
31st Jan 2011, 12:42
I'm not quite sure if this will help you as your question is more related to the loadsheet but ....

When a seat is blocked off for EXST (extra seat for passenger comfort), or CBBG (cabin baggage) the reservation system sends a message with the PNL (passenger name list) which goes to the DCS, and I imagine that the loadsheet gets its information from that.

The EXST is, by definition, going to be empty, although it is likely that the passenger will be overweight/oversize.

When you book a CBBG the nature, dimensions and size have to be specified in an SSR (special service request). For example : VIOLIN-DIMS 60X25X15cm-7.5 KGS. Presumably this goes to the DCS too.

If someone can't come up with a better answer for you I might be able to find out.

supik
31st Jan 2011, 14:00
thank you Capetonian,

do you have an example how it looks like in the loadsheet at the final? For example the violin booked as CBBG..

744rules
31st Jan 2011, 18:58
The best way to reflect cabin load on the loadsheet is use "pax equivalent".

Just check the weight and the seat (cabin area) and convert that to pax.
ie : you've got a stretcher in the aft rows of the cabin. An average stretcher weighs around 60kg. This is almost the weight of a pax (at 78kg).
You just add 1 pax in the correct zone when triming. You also make a little note in the SI box, so the crew can check how it comes that the total pax vss the total zone-distribution do not match.

Hope this helps

Capetonian
31st Jan 2011, 19:06
The person who might have been able to help me is currently not contactable. I've put a note in my diary for next week to see if I can contact him, in the meantime I see others are helping you.