PDA

View Full Version : BMI Cabin Crew Recruitment

keiranlgw
1st Jun 2008, 13:47
Hi all,

Can anyone please give me some information about the bmi Mainline interview day? Anyone got the run down of the day?

Thanks in advance,

KeiranLGW

SleepPixie
28th Jun 2008, 16:03
Hi there,

I've searched on here and can't see any recent Bmi references. Can anyone say what the Bmi assessment day is like? I have my assessment at the end of next week, and I have to bring a calculator with me so am presuming there's some kind of numeracy test.

Also, as I did my O'Levels/A'Levels 20-25 years ago and have moved home countless times since then, I no longer have copies of those exam certs. I have a BA (completed a couple of years ago) and so have a Cert as proof for that - but will that suffice? Or will Bmi insist on me trying to produce old school certs? Any light shed on the matter would be brilliant, thanks.

SP

starbag
28th Jun 2008, 17:39
Hi SleepPixie,

I had my assessment at the start of May, and am now about to finish my course and go on line in about 10 days. The assessment day starts off with you sitting in a crew seat and putting on a life jacket (I guess to exclude the more 'horizontally challenged' applicants), and then you'll be parked in the canteen. It's a good idea to spend this time getting to know the other applicants, as it'll show when you do the group exercises later on. You'll then go into a company presentation, and a video about the life of cabin crew, a maths test (adding up various items using an in flight sales menu, working out change in various currencies etc)and a comprehension test (reading some text and answering questions. You'll then go into groups and do a couple of activities (they vary, but we built a house out of lego (testing how you work as a team) and role played complaining customers / managers).

Then a break while they decide who stays and who goes, and then lunch. You'll come back in the afternoon for a 2 on 1 interview which lasts 45 min to an hour.

You should be fine with the degree certificate, I got the impression that it would remove the need for A/O level certificates. It mght be worth giving the recruitment guys a call or an email to confirm, they're all really friendly in the office.

Best of luck!!

SleepPixie
29th Jun 2008, 12:21
Many thanks for that Starbag - well done on your selection!

I'll have to do some currency conversion homework in the meantime, to be on the safe side.

Thanks again,

SP

starbag
29th Jun 2008, 19:58
Best of luck. What day's your assessment (feel free to PM me if you'd like).

SleepPixie
1st Jul 2008, 16:18
Anyone here attending the bmi Recruitment Day next week 10th July?

Would love to hear from you!

:)

tonyic7
13th Aug 2008, 20:42
Does anyone know what the average monthly take home pay is for a new BMI cabin crew member? I have looked at the website and it mentions about flight pay and commission in addition to the annual salary and London waiting allowance. Be grateful to hear from existing or ex employees. Thanks.

isw21
13th Aug 2008, 21:00
bmi flight pay is split between taxable and non taxable. The non taxable part is paid on the 15th of the month and is 65% of your total flight pay. I used to on average get around £500 but i was on longhaul. I would then get around £200 in my salary. Sometimes i would get a lot more than this if i had a good roster. As a new starter you won't be far off this figure because there are now lots of trips because of the bmed takeover last year
Hopes this helps and makes sense

BYALPHAINDIA
14th Aug 2008, 22:34
Not much left after all the payouts then??:ugh:

bebaterra
10th Nov 2008, 23:58
Hello everybody :)

do you know anything about wages and conditions of BMI ( regional and mainline ) ??
How many hours per month ?? How many days off ?? What about the base ?
How many sectors each day ???

I'm preparing for the assessment , I don't know anyhing about them .
Thank you very much ...I did not find anything in the web .

P.S : it's very important :sad:

kasialec82
23rd Nov 2008, 20:27
is anyone going to that interview with BMI on 15 Jan (London/Heathrow)???
could you give me any hints and tips please???

I have to make it ;-)

x

flying macaco
1st Dec 2008, 16:00
I have a selection on Jan 20th....also looking for some tips on what's involved? Thanks!

jessBA
7th Dec 2008, 23:10
Does any1 out there have any idea when there will be Bmi course dates???

jessBA
15th Dec 2008, 17:18
ok i'll try again:{........... How many people out there are waiting for a course date??

glider12000
16th Dec 2008, 17:12
I`m waiting for a training date :)

kasialec82
17th Dec 2008, 23:43
I'm waiting for the interview ;-)

nibs2007
22nd Dec 2008, 17:05
Good Day All,

Got an email from recuritment team, interview on the 29th Dec. Not sure what i am expecting their any one out their can help or been through the process would love to hear from them.

many thanks

nibs

Superfly78
24th Jan 2009, 15:41
I had an interview in July 2008 and still awaiting for the training. I called them few days ago and they told me they still have in hold pool people from 2007!!! Anybody in simmilar position?

glider12000
24th Jan 2009, 16:10
I am, I had an interview in December, and have an IFS fast track position.

student88
25th Jan 2009, 12:16
Wow - people still swimming for bmi since 2007? How can they justify the assessment/interview days next week if this is the case?

JB88
30th Jan 2009, 14:46
I was just wondering if anybody had any info on BMI.
On the site it said that long haul will be recruted internally. So will this mean that you begin on short haul and then once involved in the company you can then apply for long haul???? if any one has any information i would be vey greatfull. thanx x

student88
1st Feb 2009, 10:04
All I know is that there are people waiting for a training course who have been in the holdpool since late 07/early08'. Once in at bmi you'll only be trained on the A330 after 12 months.

S88:ok:

Mick Strigg
1st Feb 2009, 17:17
It depends on which aircraft you get allocated. Get the A320 and you do both short and long (medium) haul.

That said, don't join BMI, they are not an "employee concious" company.

AirCrewBoi84
1st Feb 2009, 18:39
Since Lufthansa have had an input into BMI everything has gone downhill for crew! Heard that all recruitment has been frozen for now so you may be in for a long wait for a start date , course etc. :{

JB88
2nd Feb 2009, 19:07
thanx for all the info guys, i didnt realise things were going so bad for BMI, what sort of things have been happening. Thankyou for the warnings though as i was thinking of applying. :ok:

wantabe_crew
3rd Feb 2009, 23:58
Has anyone heard if you where advised last year that u had been given a placement when u are meant to start??

Do I hang in there??

Or does anyone know who are looking for new crew??:eek:

Superfly78
5th Feb 2009, 19:09
Bad news. Around 100 people already in hold pool from 2007/8/9 and they're still interviewing. Btw trainings are suspended for at least next 2 months

student88
5th Feb 2009, 19:22
I wouldn't wait up for bmi. You'd probably start withdrawing your pension before you get a training course.

glider12000
12th Feb 2009, 17:02
How many others are in the holdpool?

I interviewed on the 9th December as Fast Track IFS.

Superfly78
14th Feb 2009, 23:36
At least 100 people. I'm from mid July and I WILL NOT catch the first available training cause I'm "too far" on the list - that's what they told me. So interviews from this year are for the trainings in 2015 I guess... No comment... This company is pathetic...

IWantMyWings
16th Feb 2009, 20:39
I had my interview 18th dec! I know they have just started first course of 2009 with more to come they emailed me :) dont be disheartened they do this every year apparently!

x

IWantMyWings
16th Feb 2009, 20:44
How have you heard "things are going bad for bmi"? There is no recruitment freeze either as i know people on upcoming assesment days, i also had mine in december and have been holding 3 or 4 of these days every month since mine. yes some info on this would be nice...?

flying macaco
19th Feb 2009, 09:40
Anyone have any further news on start dates? Anybody started??

Thanks

SouBE
19th Feb 2009, 20:13
I was interviewed on 8 May 2008 and offered a job two days later. They phoned me two weeks ago to ask if I was still interested in starting. As much as I hate to say it, they seem to offer too many empty promises. I had several responses saying 'we're hoping to release our training program soon' and nothing materialised. Keep your options open and keep looking!

fonejacker
19th Feb 2009, 23:53
Superfly, may I possible suggest that your post is somewhat pathetic? You and others are here squabbling like little girls about when you might acquire a bmi crew position, when recently Manchester shorthaul base has been cut, and today announced the closure of Teesside and Leeds. I suggest you wait patiently, or try another airline such as Ryanair for example.

AirCrewBoi84
22nd Feb 2009, 08:31
I have heard that since Lufthansa have had an imput into bmi things have changed a great deal for the company/crew. I think you may be waiting along time to get a start date with them guys (sorry to say that).

Dont give up tho, if its ment to be then they will contact you. This industry is forever changing and so anything could happen. As so many other people have said on here its just a matter of playing the waiting game, times are hard just now.

I dont think you should bad mouth bmi if you dont like the situation you know what to do...... The bottom line is they are a business and they are doing what every other business/Airline is doing right now!

:ok:

av8rboyz
22nd Feb 2009, 11:35
For those of you in the hold pool its gong be a long wait!!
bmi have just announced that they are going to be closing the MME and LBA bases, so they are gong have to accommodate the crew that are being affected by these closures before they start new entrant courses!
I feel that once MME and LBA are closed bmi will turn their attention to other out stations like EDI, GLA, DUB and BFS. bmi have to offer the crew in all these bases jobs in LHR before they start new crew. This process will take a long time!!!!!
Those of you in the hold pool will be waiting a long time!

glider12000
23rd Feb 2009, 11:30
Anyone else start March 17th? Was phoned this morning, so can`t wait!!

IWantMyWings
23rd Feb 2009, 18:05
My interiview was on the 18th and havent heard anything yet!??

Apparently they couldnt fill the date as its only 3 weeks notice so they offered it to people who werent going to relocate! Where abouts are u from and do u have much notice period?? Im desperate to start!!x

glider12000
23rd Feb 2009, 18:07
I`m in Crawley and no notice period as was made redundant when XL went bust in September.

IWantMyWings
23rd Feb 2009, 18:19
Oh right so my notice is four weeks! Thats great news for you congratulations, i had my interview 9 days after u so hopefully i wont be far behind!!!x

glider12000
23rd Feb 2009, 18:55
I want my wiings, have pm`d you :)

flying macaco
24th Feb 2009, 11:28
Starting March 17th also, see you there!

noseyboy
25th Feb 2009, 12:49
New dates been released - 24th March and 7th April - Expect phone calls!!!!! :ok:

Had my call at 12.30pm today!!

IWantMyWings
25th Feb 2009, 17:41
Me too! Nearly had a heart attack though. What date have you chosen? Im on the 7th April so excited!!! x

noseyboy
25th Feb 2009, 21:08
24th March! Cant wait!!

Superfly78
27th Feb 2009, 20:29
OK GUYS!
See you 24th!!!
"Let's get party started..." ;-)

Finals19
13th Mar 2009, 15:09
Hi All,

Can somebody in the know please clarify the approx monthly amount you can make in flight pay and the hourly rate away from base (understand its not taxed?)

I am trying to get a rough idea of monthly take home. Could I assume around £1200 including flight pay (approx)?

Thanks. :ok:

Clairelouise
15th Mar 2009, 00:57
Hi there,

Ive got an interview down at LHR on thursday. Could any of you give me any information about what happens so I can prepare as much as possible!

And also what time will the interviews finish providing I'm successful, as I am catching the 5pm flight back to Manchester that afternoon.

Thanks,
Claire.

IWantMyWings
15th Mar 2009, 22:30
Hey,

When i went it was a maths test, english test then group activities untill about 12 then you find out if you get an interview at about 12.30, it depends on how many people are succesful with interviews but when i went they asked if anyone needed to have an earlier slot! So if you get to that stage just explain but a 5pm flight should be fine i was done by 2pm

Good luck xxx

chilli13
20th Mar 2009, 16:53
Hi All...

Had my interview beginning of March and was successful, so now waiting in the holding pool... Just wondering if anyone has any information on how long the wait is or heard of any upcoming training dates?..

For those who have Assessment Day questions??.. the recruiters are very nice and the day is enjoyable and relaxed.. The group session is an introduction video, math and english test followed by group activity and then roleplay.. (Given a scenario and asked how to rectify the situation)..
If u are successful u will stay and complete a 2-1 interview, depending on how many get through, the day will end at around 2-3pm..

l

IWantMyWings
22nd Mar 2009, 17:23
Apparently they are only offereing fixed contracts for upcoming training dates at the moment there is one course on the 14th april not too sure about others yet... i had my interview in december and was informed of a course in feb to start early april. Hope that helps x

chilli13
23rd Mar 2009, 23:15
Hey..
Got a call today for a training course starting on 14th April!!!:O
Anyone else starting on that date??.. Would love to hear from you?
also anyone know what a mainline roster will look like regarding days off
and nightstops??... Thanx

likealavalamp
24th Mar 2009, 07:36
hey to those guys who are on the 14th april..... i am too :D would be good to keep in touch for when we start!!!

Where do you all live??

Like you guys i am dying to see an example roster!!! how exciting! xx

Highflyer15
24th Mar 2009, 09:52
Does anyone know if bmi are recruiting at the moment? because id like to apply.

chilli13
24th Mar 2009, 18:06
Hey Lavalamp

Im living in Ealing at the moment!!.. Where are u staying?.. When was ur interview?..

Chilli13 x

glider12000
24th Mar 2009, 18:12
Highflyer there was an assessment day today when I was in training so I imagine that they are still recruiting.

IWantMyWings
24th Mar 2009, 21:51
Glider12000! How is the training going? I start mine on the 7th... anything i should know ready for the day? Good luck with it all xx

Disneyfan
25th Mar 2009, 12:55
Hi Clairelouise, I was there too on 19th, did you get through?

Flymethere
25th Mar 2009, 16:32
Anyone at the interview yesterday?

From New York To LA
25th Mar 2009, 19:27
Well done to all of you that got on the training courses...can't wait to have you flying with bmi. It's a great team of people with lots always going on. The training course is intensive because they cram a lot into the 3 weeks but the trainers are very good at their jobs, so don't be afraid to ask for any help. All the crew are really excited to have some new people joining and we look forward to flying with you soon.

As for example rosters. It works that it's either 6 days on 3 off, 5 days on 2 off, or rarely 4 days on 1 off. The destinations often vary between Summer and Winter timetables due to demand on the midhaul routes. This is one of my old rosters....

01 - 03 Day Off
04 - 06 Aleppo (via Damascus)
07 - 08 Day Off
09 - 10 Amsterdam (3 sectors each day)
11 - 13 Tehran
14 - 15 Day Off
16 - 19 Beirut
20 Edinburgh (4 sectors)
21 - 22 Day Off
23 Passenger up to Manchester
24 Night charter Manchester-Ibiza-Gatwick
25 Taxi back from Gatwick to Heathrow
26 - 28 Tel Aviv
29 - 30 Day Off
31 Moscow (2 sectors)

sammy121
27th Mar 2009, 18:43
Hi Claire, I was there on 19th too. Had to come back for interview as not enough staff to see all of us. Had interview yesterday and email saying successful the same evening! Did you make it and any idea who else? They did say that they were only offering fixed term contracts for now though. No idea when training dates are yet.:)

QLisaQ
28th Mar 2009, 21:16
Hi all. Anyone starting their training on the 28th April. I got the call friday, very excited!!!!!!

sammy121
29th Mar 2009, 16:06
Hi, that sounds about right. Just got accepted after interview the other day and they are the rough figures they mentioned.:ok:

starbag
29th Mar 2009, 17:30
Obviously depends on how many trips you get, but with a few high value mid haul trips, not much short haul, good duty free sales, no leave, I've cleared £1600 - £1700 in a good month. With no mid haul trips, lots of short haul, £1200 sounds about right.

Clairelouise
31st Mar 2009, 13:30
hiya, no unfortunatley i didnt make it.
it was such a fun day though! i was in the group that had mark noble - the plumber he was great and i cant remember her name but she had been crew for monarch and had an 11 month contract with BA.

oh well, i got more interview experience and i got two flights out of it so not bad haha

just applied for jet2.com and flybe.. bit of a step down but they're a bit more local!

claire

sammy121
31st Mar 2009, 16:23
Hi Clairelouise,
sorry you didnt make it. Glad you have applied elsewhere though. The experience you got will make you feel more relaxed for the next interview though so keep going as now you know what to expect.
Good luck.:)

sammy121
31st Mar 2009, 16:25
Hi QlisaQ,
also got call today for 28th April! See you there..:ok:

chilli13
3rd Apr 2009, 13:50
Hi.. Just wondering if any one whos starting 14th April has received training details yet??.. Also if anyone whos current Cabin Crew could tell me the average monthly salary thats would be great??..

Disneyfan
3rd Apr 2009, 16:49
Claire, sorry you didn't make it - keep going though, you'll get there!

Well done Sammy - I got through too, I've been offered 12 May as I'm on holiday at the end of April.

I'm not happy about the fixed term contract though, I don't remember them saying that, I thought they were permanent positions however the email I received today stated 6 months.

Oh well. Good luck for your training course.

sammy121
3rd Apr 2009, 21:30
Hey Disneyfan,
I had a holiday for four days booked but not till June so they couldnt help me with that. Was hoping I might be really lucky and get rostered a few days off over that time, who knows. I was annoyed about fixed term too as in first part of day they said permanent, then in interview they had just been told next couple of dates were fixed term till they knew how bookings were for winter. They said that they did feel there would likely be an offer at end though so think they are just being cautious.
Good luck on your training, Ill let you know what its like..:O

Disneyfan
7th Apr 2009, 05:49
Hi to those that are on their training course or those that now have their wings :D

Please could you tell me what the course is like in terms of days off, hours etc. I'm also quite worried about the water training even though I can swim I'm not too confident in the water, what do you have to do?

Many thanks :)

From New York To LA
7th Apr 2009, 11:34
When I did my course it was 5 days on 2 days off (Sun/Mon)....and was a 9am-5pm schedule. The water training started at 6am, but was only for one day. Swimming a length whilst ''rescueing'' someone wearing a lifejacket was as hard as it got. Nothing too intensive, it's one of the best bits of the course.

Disneyfan
7th Apr 2009, 15:29
Many thanks for that From New York to LA, it is really useful info. :ok:

legolasbunda
9th Apr 2009, 20:24
Just to ask when talking about salary do you get paid when training with bmi

Gemz
19th Apr 2009, 20:29
Hello,

I recently applied to BMI and received an email 2 weeks later to invite me to an interview on the 28th April. If I'm successfull do you have any idea when training may start?
Many thanks. :)

xwindflirt
19th Apr 2009, 21:55
we are short of cabin crew so very soon after

Gemz
20th Apr 2009, 07:25
Thank you for your reply. Fingers crossed I get through the interview!!

EA_cabincrew
22nd Apr 2009, 08:40
Guys, could you please explain what this math test consists of, is it something you need to study for, i haven't dealed with math quite a loooong time :uhoh:
And also about an interview - what are they mostly looking for, any specific criterias you must meet?
And about location - I am not from England, could this affect me as well?

thanks, Elena

sammy121
22nd Apr 2009, 16:03
Hi, wont effect you not being from England, would actually help you if you therefore speak another language, as long as your English is good. You will need to live within 90 minutes of the airport though if you get the job. ( thats for Heathrow) Maths test is just some currency convertions for example, if I bought a packet of crisps for 85p and a sandwich for £2.50 but wanted to pay in Euros, how much would I pay? £1.00 = 1.75 Euro and some simple addition . They give you a calculator too. Its timed but not a very big test, quite straight forward. They just want to see what you are like so be natural and happy. Dont worry, they are very nice. Their web page gives you exact criteria. Good luck.:)

LadyP
24th Apr 2009, 09:35
Hi Guys, (Lady P's son here!)

I have an interview with BMI next week and I would really appreciate help with what I should definetly know for when I get down there, what questions they will ask me, what are the do's and dont's, what I should prove, what example I should show and what they will be looking for.

Thanks guys

joshmist03
14th May 2009, 14:45
As long as you have a 5 year checkable history with references and personal referee's and also an eu passport with unrestricted travel, you should be ok. Have you read the requirements on the main bmi website?

Everyone has to start somewhere and it doesnt matter if you work with the public or not.

usagi27
18th May 2009, 15:04
Anyone attending assessment day on 11 June 2009? Send me a message if you feel like it! I'd appreciate some companions :)

TightSlot
19th May 2009, 10:56
Reminder

Post in English, using accepted spelling and grammar - This is a requirement to assist those users that do not have English as their first language. Do not post in Phone Text Speak. If you do post in text speak, your post will be deleted.

You are seeking employment as adults in an adult world. Try and write here and at interview as if you are adults - It will help you get the job that you want.

Rachaat
19th May 2009, 14:44
Hi, I have been asked to attend an recruitment interview on 23rd June.

What shall I expect? and they mentioned a waiting list, does anyone know how long this list is? any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

greenmoss
21st May 2009, 00:05
After my long previous thread about EJ, now I'm here.

First, I wanna to say "thank" to all of you for encouraging me to keep trying. Thanks so much http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I did. :-)

I applied to lots of airlines (about 20 between UK and IT) and I'm still waiting some of them reply to me.
Anyway....

Just yesterday I got an invitation (assessment day) on the 2nd June at London Healthrow with Flybmi at 9.30am, UB7 7ND.

Is anybody else on that day?
I'm still looking for an accomodation on the 1st June. If someone is looking for as well and is interested in sharing an accomodation or has got any idea where I could stay, please please let me know. I'm very sociable person.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hope to meet nice people soon!

Once again.... on the ride. Hope this time it will be more fair!!!! UEPPAAA!!!!

usagi27
28th May 2009, 13:35
say, can anybody tell me how long it takes them to tell you if you are 'in' or not? i mean, you have the interview, lets say you pass to the last part and all... then how many days pass by by the time they actually tell you if you were successful or not? or do they tell you on the spot? (i will have their interview and then one day later another interview with another airline, so that's why its really important for me to know this)

wants to fly
31st May 2009, 18:52
hi, i have an interview with bmi on the 24th june. anyone else on that day?

can anyone please tell me what i should expect?

i have heard there are exams:uhoh: what are they like and can you use a calculator?

please help

thank you xx

em237
2nd Jun 2009, 19:22
Hey guys,

Just wondering how long it takes to hear back from bmi once you've applied? Applied a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything nor did I receive a confirmation email upon appying, etc.

Thanks!

Lucianna
9th Jun 2009, 21:51
Hi there

When I applied online I had an email confirmation the same night to say that I met the criteria, then about two weeks later I received an email to say that I could attend an assessment day in a further two weeks (no maths test though!?). I was successful in the morning and stayed in the afternoon to do the interview and heard back the next day to say that I was through to the training. I was given a training date of four weeks later (16th June!!) Hope that gives anyone else applying an idea of time scales. Is anyone else starting on the 16th of June?

joshmist03
10th Jun 2009, 18:03
It may be worthwhile just to call the recruitment team to see how your app is progressing. I went 2 weeks without anything and then 2 days later, I had an assessment day. I think they are very busy dealing with hundreds of apps. Good luck :ok:

em237
10th Jun 2009, 20:30
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated :)

Rachaat
18th Jun 2009, 08:25
Hi ,Lucianna

I just read your post, I have an interview on the 23rd June with BMI, how long is the training and do you start the job straight away or is that when you go on the waiting list?

Thanks
Rachaat

thomas18107
22nd Sep 2009, 17:57
Hi,

I'm really hoping some people on here can provide me with the information I need.

For years now I've wanted to become crew. I sometimes regret not doing it years ago in my early twentys but I guess nowadays people start as crew from all ages.

I'm really interested in flying with bmi although that's why I seek advice as I've heard rumours of the company being broken up at some point in the future. One of the reasons I like the idea of bmi because they have bases at regional points, namely Edinburgh and Glasgow (I live up in Scotland). I've got some commitments now and I'm not young and footloose anymore and don't take to the idea of moving to London as much as I used to. Can anyone shed any light on bmi recruitment at EDI and GLA? Will they recruit again for these bases provided the company stays together? Do any bmi people have experience of being based in Scotland.

Many thanks in advance for your responses and help:)

likealavalamp
22nd Sep 2009, 21:25
Rumour has it that the regional bases will be the first thing to go....... Lufty now have majority shares in bmi - but they are looking to sell ...... if another company manage to pull together the funds to buy bmi then lufty will be happy to sell!!
I wouldnt get your hopes up about joining bmi any time soon.... as only today all the temps have been told its bye bye time! And theres loads in the hold pool aswell!!!
Bad times for bmi at the mo..............
Would you consider flybe!? they are always recruiting for scotland bases - or globespan (not sure if they are recruiting at the mo)
x

yaletown
23rd Sep 2009, 17:44
BA Cityflyer has a EDI base.

fjencl
19th Jan 2011, 11:38
I see on aviationjobsearch.com that BMI Mainline is looking for cabin crew
at BHX airport.

What aircraft/routes are they going to be operating from BHX.

Does anybody know

Thanks

Dave Clarke Fife
19th Jan 2011, 11:52
Rumour is (and I stress it's still a rumour) one A320 operating for DLH on their routes from BHX to Germany. I'm sure somebody knows more........

Timmyflyer
19th Jan 2011, 13:10
Allegedly 2x 320's are going to be on a 2yr wet lease to a yet unknown carrier...other than flights will be to mainland Europe.
Aircraft will be based in Man/Bhx...rumour is, that it is for Lufty..but nothing confirmed yet.

fjencl
19th Jan 2011, 16:38
Thanks for the information.
Cheers
:D

Dave Clarke Fife
19th Jan 2011, 16:59
Confirmed as being DLH.....................

bmi have agreed with Lufthansa to provide two A320 aircraft on wet-lease for a period of 2 years beginning in the summer of 2011. The aircraft will be based in Manchester and Birmingham and will each operate three times per day to Frankfurt.

No nightstopping envisaged

FlightNurse82
30th Jan 2011, 19:32
Hi

I am looking at applying for Cabin Crew at LHR for BMI. Can anyone give an indication as to the take home salary of cabin crew and what it is generally like to fly at BMI. Also, is it mostly there and back or do you get to night stop.

Many thanks in advance

:ok:

johnfly02
6th Feb 2011, 16:58
Need to speak German too so bit of a down point :(

Airpoppy
19th Feb 2011, 12:28
Hello all i'm new to the forum and i have an AD with BMI next week was just wondering has anyone else got one,not sure if i can ask this in here but do you know what they are like to work for ?

:)

sarah90
13th Mar 2011, 17:38
Hello, I have an assessment day in two days at Heathrow for bmi !!! I am good at English but awful at maths and was wondering with the maths test are they multiple choice questions ? and is there a calculator and non calculator test? hope somebody could get back to me soonish.. much appreciated x:)

Saxon5
19th Mar 2011, 15:49
Hey folks!

Who's attending this open day? Anyone want to meet up for a drink on Monday afternoon? I fly in from ZRH on Monday morning; early hours and then I'm going to go find where the assessment site/offices are...

Who's in? PM me, I'm more likely to get it as I'm :mad: with forums...

Gotta love these smilies.

adele31
29th Apr 2011, 13:20
Do I need a course before attending an interview? Is it any good or just complete waste of time?&money???

atmosphere
29th Apr 2011, 13:50
100000% waste of money!!

adele31
4th May 2011, 19:58
Is anyone attending an interview for Easyjet or Bmi next week? Tue&Wed? ;)

Say again s l o w l y
4th May 2011, 22:35
The interviews will be at Stockley Close which is the bmi training centre.

Look here for a map.

Stockley Close, Hillingdon, Greater London UB7, United Kingdom - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Stockley+Close,+Hillingdon,+Greater+London+UB7,+Unite d+Kingdom&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&geocode=FZzqEQMd1ST5_w&split=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.881357,14.941406&hq=&hnear=Stockley+Close&ll=51.506035,-0.448583&spn=0.001793,0.005284&t=h&z=18)

kamzers
2nd Sep 2011, 13:58
Hi everyone. I hope some of you people could give me some advice. I'm a 40 year old mum with 3 grown up kids. I am now in a position in my life to fulfil my life long ambition of joining cabin crew. I have just sent my cv off to bmi who I've been told are recruiting in Belfast.
My questions are.
1. Am I to old (I don't feel 40)
2. How long can I expect to wait before I hear anything.
3. Is there a dreaded maths/English entrance test.
Any advice anyone could give me would be great. Cheers

caza_k
5th Sep 2011, 23:05
TEXT SPEAK
READ FORUM FAQ

kamzers
6th Sep 2011, 15:56
Hi there
I have an interview for bmi next month. I would really love to hear from anyone who has already been through this stage. Regards

MichaelAM
8th Sep 2011, 13:36
Kamzers,

the day is fantastic, such nice people. Basically you have a group chat, then you have to tell the group a bit about yourself. You then split into smaller groups and do one or two role play exercises. Then you wait for about 30 mins until they have came to their decision on who goes through. If you get through, they either interview you on the day or you have to go back. I went back the next week and the interview lasted 40 mins. Interview is very straight forward, just a lot of competency based questions, so as long as you know when you've delivered great service or had a nasty customer then you'll be fine. If you speak German, you also have to do a small test. But other than that it's test free.

Good luck!

kamzers
8th Sep 2011, 15:28
Thanks Michael. I'm really nervous about the whole interview process even though I know I'd be good at the job. I have a full month of practicing my interview techinique. Have you any ideas in regard to the maths/English questions. Thanks

MichaelAM
8th Sep 2011, 15:52
There are no maths or english tests at the interview. Like I said, the only test you will do is a Language test if you claim to be bilingual etc. It's a very calm and relaxed day. Just don't be too quiet and don't be too loud, I just agreed with points the group made, and if someone was too quiet, I'd ask them what they thought. You'll do fine, I'd love to know how you get on too!

Michael

kamzers
8th Sep 2011, 16:49
Believe me Michael you will I will be screaming from the rooftops if I get through. Thanks for the advice.

VuelaVuela
8th Mar 2012, 13:36
Hi all!!

I just got an invitation email for 17th April in london heathrow.
anyone else???
apart from this... any ideas about the interview??
Or.. what about flights?? do u do overnights or u sleep at home everyday?

all info will be more than welcome for me!!

thx in advance!!;);)

dontdoit
20th Apr 2013, 19:14
Tattoo sleeves. Classy.

Say again s l o w l y
21st Apr 2013, 09:05
Oh pipe down. She wasn't asking for your opinion on tattoos, just for advice, so keep your prejudices to your self.

fanrail, I don't know the answer, but as you probably already suspect, it's probably best to keep them covered up as you are likely to get a narrowminded reaction like the one from dontdoit.