PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Controller Vacancy - €1 per day + Excellent benefits?!?!

LXGB
28th Jan 2011, 13:35
Just found this on the Flight Global website:

-------------------
Job Position: Contract
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Role: Air Traffic Controller
Salary: €1 per day + Excellent benefits
Posted Date: 28 January 2011 10:04:12

Direct Link (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/air-traffic-contoller-training-spain-1401088145.htm)
--------------------

The benefits must be most excellent!

radarman
28th Jan 2011, 16:37
All those who have been complaining about the astronomical levels of salary paid to Spanish ATCO's will now have to find something else to whinge about. :E

chiglet
28th Jan 2011, 23:27
Employer..... Ryanair. You pay them for the training... :E

Not Long Now
29th Jan 2011, 11:55
Perhaps the ANSPs could go down the route of the pay to fly lot. Maybe there are enough people out there who are willing to pay to gain controlling experience, could be a nice little earner...

niknak
29th Jan 2011, 16:08
Real Time Consultants eh? Don't you just love em - couldn't organise a P.U. in a brewery!

TC_Ukraine
29th Jan 2011, 16:14
don`t laugh guys, but in the early 90-s Ukrainian controller earned 30$/month.

Piltdown Man
29th Jan 2011, 23:58
You guys have got it wrong or somebody has a problem with their R's. They are looking for a "Contoller." Maybe it's a controller's R which has the value?

PM

aluminium persuader
30th Jan 2011, 12:28
See what you've started, Gib?! :eek:

LXGB
31st Jan 2011, 13:32
See what you've started, Gib?!

Look on the bright side!

You'd pay no tax. You could also claim income support, housing benefit, child benefit, tax credits, etc, etc, etc! ;)

p_perez
31st Jan 2011, 13:48
You could also claim income support, housing benefit, child benefit, tax credits, etc, etc, etc!

From the Spanish Goverment??!!

He, he, he ... ;)

Standard Noise
31st Jan 2011, 15:50
Could try claiming it from the UK Govt, everyone else in Europe seems to!:}

loubylou
7th Feb 2011, 08:23
Not Long Now - the Red Baron did raise the question of "pay for your own ratings ", because it worked for airlines.
I'm not sure it would work myself - are the enough people, desperate to be controllers, who would fork out the £20-40k required ( the figure was a guess at how much ratings cost , not a statement!) to fill the shortfall in ATCO numbers?
I don't think so

louby

p_perez
7th Feb 2011, 15:30
@loubylou

are the enough people, desperate to be controllers, who would fork out the £20-40k required ( the figure was a guess at how much ratings cost , not a statement!) to fill the shortfall in ATCO numbers?
I don't think so

In Spain, after the changes we have been suffering in the last year, if you want to become an ATCO, you have to pay €45k for a 22 week training that only allows you to seek for a post at a small TWR. Job is not guaranteed! :eek:

And YES, there are a lot of candidates, because they think they´re going to get €200k a year ... don´t think so ... :=

Saludos!