PDA

View Full Version : Invasion Of the Fokker Snatchers !!!

Capt. Horatio Slappy !!
25th Oct 2001, 16:45
Hey Folks,
Understand Channex is replacing their F-27's with the Antonov-72, Have tried to locate the group responsible for the training on this type without success. My intention was to possibly self sponsor see the Freight Dogs forum. Should anyone be able to help in providing information on sim locations etc I would be most grateful.

boxjockey99
27th Oct 2001, 17:04
Channex is NOT replacing the F27 with the AN-72. they only have one on wet lease which is used for ad hoc charters particularly for awkward cargo as it has a rear loading ramp. it is a great aircraft but there are to my knowledge no plans to do any fokker snatching just yet. after all the AN-72 would struggle getting in and out of guernsey with 6 tonnes of newspapers and that is their bread and butter. If / when the f27 is up for replacement I think a more logical choice would be the ATR72 or the Dash 8.

Don't believe everything you hear in freight dogs, loadies have a wicked sense of humour. :D

Capt. Horatio Slappy !!
27th Oct 2001, 22:45
Cheers !
There's still hope for Fokker Clerics then.
( Those are the ancient aviators dressed in white hooded robes who are the chosen, well versed in the arcane knowledge required to operate the venerable artifact: F-27)

When the earth trickles into yer ears, yell:
" I said FLAIR ! You dozy Bas.ard!"

boxjockey99
28th Oct 2001, 12:04
yes Obi Wan, The force is strong is these clerics, it would be a shame to waste it!! ;)