PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Interview Questions?

Noddy Staltern
24th Oct 2001, 21:45
I gather that there is a book available about tech-type questions that are used by Cathay for interviews. It seems that I might be back in the job market in the near future - time to brush up on my tech! Does anyone know the exact title of this book and where it might be obtained?

Thanks, Noddy S

SLT
25th Oct 2001, 00:17
The one I had was called "Preparing for your Cathay Pacific Interview" by Captains X,Y and Z!!!! Contained a lot of useful info (inc. lots of tech questions) above and beyond that relevant to Cathay. Try Transair Pilot Shop - they should have it. www.transair.co.uk (http://www.transair.co.uk)
Beware though - if I remember correctly it was quite expensive and is in the form of almost a pamphlet - not a proper book. Kind of bound lose leaf job. About £25-30 if I recall.

Best of Luck!!!!!!!!

Minima
25th Oct 2001, 10:57
The book mentioned my SLT is recomended reading.It's certainly worth the 28.90 quid inclusive of p & p.It clearly outlines the selection process for the pilots setting their eyes for CX.Tech q's & ans + interview HR q's ,+ what to expect in the simulator are also included.GOOD LUCK!!

Lazzzarus
25th Oct 2001, 18:39
Another book high on the Cathay interview reading list is "Handling the Big Jets" by D.P. Davies. A CAA publication

Noddy Staltern
25th Oct 2001, 19:02
Thanks gents. I have ordered the Cathay book from Transair. I already have a copy of the Davies book but find it very dry reading!