PDA

View Full Version : 75%

12wheeler
26th Jan 2011, 02:05
Like it or not, it is history now. Let's move on and fight another battle!

flyingkiwi
26th Jan 2011, 02:10
What I don't get is the 8% that didn't even vote.

Captain Dart
26th Jan 2011, 02:59
...and don't forget the percentage who are not AOA members, riding on the back of the negotiating team's effort and leeching off the members :suspect:.

Near Miss
26th Jan 2011, 04:13
Yep it is in now. In a way I am glad it wasn't really tight. That would have caused such a division among the membership. I just hope the 25% who voted No don't get upset and leave the AOA. Whatever your thoughts, and percentage increase, what we need is for everyone to stick together. We have other battles ahead and a strong union is the only way we can achieve anything. Perhaps now those who are not members can afford to join. :ouch:

joebanana
26th Jan 2011, 07:05
Well said Near Miss. I voted against the deal but there are new battles to fight and we can only win them if we work together.

flyingkiwi
26th Jan 2011, 07:14
agree, at the end of the day the biggest affect to all our lives this year is going to be rostering practices and we need to be united for that one.

badairsucker
26th Jan 2011, 07:21
Kiwi,

How about we stick together kiwi and NOT work our G days!!!!!!

sorvad
26th Jan 2011, 10:19
Badairsucker

You might want to take a leaf out of your own book....

Your Quote:

"How about you go away until you can post a reply without the need to be an arrogant pr!ck."

badairsucker
26th Jan 2011, 10:26
Sorvad, your quote...

boxjockey and cxchild labour...you obviously have nothing better to do with your lives than trawling through everyone else's realtime rosters then spouting your vitriol for hours every day on...

Got a little too much time on your hands???Trawling througt peoples past posts yourself. Pot meet kettle.

I suggest you look up ARROGANT in the dictionary and re read my post....I am suggesting we do exactly what Kiwi wants"sticking together" NOT WORKING G DAYS.........unlike some self centered twats....

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Steve the Pirate
26th Jan 2011, 11:36
Badairsucker

I agree with your sentiment completely. However, I have to come to sorvad's defence somewhat in that your post to flyingkiwi implied that you knew him and that he'd been guilty of working G days at some point. Whether that's the case or not is immaterial but the implication was evidenced by the emphasis of "NOT" and the 6 exclamation marks.

Sadly, this sort of misunderstanding typifies much of what goes on and it's hardly surprising in some respects that people like 411A see us as a tug-o-war team competing against ourselves rather than pulling together against the other team.

STP

The Wraith
26th Jan 2011, 13:54
When is the rise effective from? Will it be backdated?

sorvad
26th Jan 2011, 15:44
Steve The Pirate, that is exactly what I thought Badairsucker meant...

.....Badairsucker, if thats not what you meant and I got the wrong end of the stick then I apologise.

routetuner
26th Jan 2011, 18:19
AOA are a bunch of weak t..ts- this was an opportunity to say "no" and to start getting back what we are entitled to- proper pay rise, better conditions (roster, hotels, etc etc etc) the list is endless. You have sold out for a short term payrise for some- shouldn't everyone get a pay increase? It's a divide and conquer all over again. We had them over a barrel, an opportunity but now it's gone!

Sike
26th Jan 2011, 18:56
RP 2011 will be far more important to me than this pay deal. More leave credit, more PX credit. Credit for working Rs, As, and Os!!

1200firm
26th Jan 2011, 22:44
In what way did we "have them over a barrel"?

crwjerk
26th Jan 2011, 23:23
Hehe, I'm happy that the non AOA members rode the backs of the GC's hard work and still get NOTHING...!!!!!
Forget RP's......... our wish list didn't matter a bit when they went in for the pay rise, so who knows what will come out of RP.

Steve the Pirate
27th Jan 2011, 00:59
crwjerk

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Without wishing to go into the details on a public forum, my understanding is that everyone gets a degree of increase through means other than basic salary - even the demographic that your post implies are freeloading non-members, who:

rode the backs of the GC's hard work and still get NOTHING...!!!!!You then go on to say:

our wish list didn't matter a bit when they went in for the pay risewhich would indicate that you feel that the negotiating position that came about as a result of the GC's hard work didn't reflect the membership's aspirations.

So on one hand you seem to be praising the GC and on the other, criticising - or am I missing something?

STP

The Messiah
27th Jan 2011, 02:12
It concerns me greatly that I actually work with some of you halfwits.

Bandito
27th Jan 2011, 03:29
Well i'm disappointed that this motion was passed, but so be it. I voted my choice AOA members.
:ugh:

Hard to expect that the company isn't delighted we took a minimal rise, and now again its affirmed that pilots will take small deals and can be largely walked over.

RP fight - Stick together and all that future battles stuff ... I AGREE....

However i have no decent expectations of any good outcome.

The Wraith
27th Jan 2011, 04:39
Flaps 10,
Actually I AM a member but thanks for your condescending reply. Sorry I had the temerity to ask a question here instead of on the AOA forum.
You must be a cool guy to fly with!:yuk:

badairsucker
27th Jan 2011, 10:11
Sorvad,

Apology accepted. My statement had no malice "just does exactly what it says on the tin"

If we can't stand together on something as simple as not working a G day then we have no hope in the future.

Yonosoy Marinero
27th Jan 2011, 18:00
I, for one, would like to congratulate the GC for this deal. It might not be all we deserved, but Krishna knows that obtaining anything from this company other than contempt is a small miracle in itself.
The precedent has been set, a gentleman's deal has been made, negotiations on other matters can progress unhindered and with leverage.

And while the AOA can't call for CC anymore, nothing prevents me from doing it anyway...

I hope non members enjoy their raise. :yuk:

404 Titan
28th Jan 2011, 04:54
Yonosoy Marinero
And while the AOA can't call for CC anymoreOnly on pay for the next 28 months. RP’s, Housing etc they can.

jed_thrust
28th Jan 2011, 05:25
Exactly, 404!

I don't understand why this hasn't been mentioned more often (in public).

goathead
28th Jan 2011, 08:23
404 Titan

in your wildest dreams will the GC ever call for CC

I will take you and your wife for Dinner and drinks all on me if they ever do....
but after this episode the writing is clearly on the wall.

Goat

404 Titan
28th Jan 2011, 08:35
goathead

Yes if required.

routetuner
28th Jan 2011, 14:13
What the fork has krishna to do with it and it's a crap deal- we all know it.

quadspeed
28th Jan 2011, 21:42

I will take you and your wife for Dinner and drinks all on me if they ever do....
but after this episode the writing is clearly on the wall.

WTF? The GC is 20 of your colleagues volunteering their time. In fact, there is seldom even 20 volunteers for the 20 positions available, so there is absolutely nothing stopping you from putting your own and 10 of your most militant buddies on the next nomination list, and voila, you've got majority control of the GC and can proceed to buy Titan and his wife dinner.

"The GC" is whoever you and I elect. If you want CC, then make sure you get guys onto the GC that WILL call CC. We all know who the loudest complainers are, but sadly, they're not the ones willing to put in the effort. History shows that anyone willing to serve on the GC gets elected, so cut the conspiracy crap.