PDA

View Full Version : PPL Scholarships ATC?

tobster911
23rd Jan 2011, 12:04
hi, I'm looking to do my PPL scholarship with the air cadets, but i can't find ANY information on it. I was wondering whether anyone out there can fill me in on a few details...
Thanks

chevvron
23rd Jan 2011, 12:15
You have to be selected and recommended by your commanding officer, then go through aircrew selection at OASC, so why ask here when you should be asking your CO?
NB It's not a PPL Scholarship by the way as it is only 30 hours instruction, the rest you have to pay for.

tobster911
23rd Jan 2011, 18:45
chevyron, i did ask my CO, but she didnt know, and she said she'd find out, that was 3 months ago. Thanks for your response

The Flying Chicken
23rd Jan 2011, 20:42
Your Adjutant may know, they always dealt with ours. Failing that, get in touch with your local VGS, and get your face around. May get some gliding time, much more fun!

The Old Fat One
24th Jan 2011, 06:54
i, I'm looking to do my PPL scholarship with the air cadets, but i can't find ANY information on it.

Air Cadets - Pilot schemes (http://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/whatwedo/pioltschemes.cfm)

How about looking on the Air Cadet's website (just a thought)?

Chevvron...correct about applying through the CO, wrong about OASC (not for a number of years now) and the Air Cadet Pilot Scheme is only 12 hours (goal = first solo) now.

There are other scholarships (again info on the website) but usually you have to do the ACPS first (and pass it!!).

Normally Cadets (and CCF) will only get on the ACPS if they have passed their gliding scholarship first (gone solo) although exceptions to this rule are made.

J.A.F.O.
24th Jan 2011, 06:57
chevvron - It's not CO, it's OC.

tobster - CO or OC, yours doesn't appear to be much of either, unless they're just working out how to let you down gently

rjay259
24th Jan 2011, 21:04
also ask to read ACP20a details will be in there about them.

keep on asking as well or ask if you can have the application form or that you will get it.

keep on nagging until you get the application form.

Good luck on it F/L Jones 2351 bognor sqn.

chevvron
26th Jan 2011, 03:30
Relinquished command of my squadron some 20 years ago so obviously I'm a bit out of date. One of my female cadets was the first female ATC Cadet to be awarded FS but 3 CCF cadets got in before her!
If your CO can't tell you (which I'm very surprised) contact Walney Island Air Traffic; a lovely lady there called Stella(I met her at Bisley during the ISCRM) was associated with the ATC a few years ago and she'll be able to advise you.

Flt Lt Chevvron RAFVR(T) Retd