PDA

View Full Version : Flight Engineer School

b777300
21st Oct 2001, 16:09
Is anybody know any good flight engineer school in US? And can I have the web site and contact address

fergineer
21st Oct 2001, 16:25
we are a dying breed, however as a job there is little or no future in it . Most of the guys that are around will be around till the end of the line, don't think that as a pilot it entitles you to try and take my seat, lots of years flying and lots of experiance out there and most are well available, I have seen some of the pilots that have attempted to sit in the seat!!!!!
Keep at your piloting at least you will have a job in the future and let us old sweats see our days out.

b777300
21st Oct 2001, 17:06
Do you think that would help when I get the F/E license before I jump on the big plane?

21st Oct 2001, 19:03
My flt instructor who knows the US business pretty well told me that in earlier times you had to start as FE and after some years you could become pilot. But I think these are past times.

Techman
21st Oct 2001, 19:45
Are you a licensed engineer??. If not you could, at best, become an S/O. The engineer part is not something to be taken lightly.

DownIn3Green
21st Oct 2001, 20:31
To answer the gentleman's question...AeroService in Miami is as good (or bad) as any, depending on who your instructor is. (Lots of Instructors "freelance" out to these schools in their spare time)

In any case, I've had a few brand new F/E's (not to be confused with an experienced A&P ENGINEER)on my 727 and the Aero Service guys seemed a bit above some of the others as far as general procedures and systems knowledge.

However, before I get jumped on let me say I fully agree with the post above that basically says there is no substitute for experience and unless you all ready have a job with an airline willing to train you, there are more than enough qualified F/E's on the market. And most contract jobs require the F/E to also be a licensed aircraft engineer as well.

If piloting is your chosen career, I would suggest adding an FAA ATP and some sort of type rating when you have the hours. They're relatively easy to get, and for a CE-500 or Lear type are not that expensive.

Good Luck.