PDA

View Full Version : LTU and LTE

The Red Sock
20th Oct 2001, 12:57
Are there any (good) news about LTUs progress after the SR desaster?

Is it true that LTU has sold their spanish doughter LTE? If yes, why and when?

Critical Mach#
21st Oct 2001, 17:18
It is true...LTU "sold/gave away" LTE to Spanish group(I wonder if there was a money exchange in this operation).

SAir/LTU wanted to get rid off LTE and tried to closed it down a couple of years ago but their plan did not workout OK because the company was making money and the Labour Department would not have allowed to finish off the company without an agreement with Unions.I heard the difference between Company and Union was little but all the sudden negotiations were dropped. Company claimed that Union demands were not acceptable and that LTE was to continue as until then.

Then.....someone in ZRH/DUS came up with a better idea...to "sell" the company.Zero Cost/Zero Trouble while preserving LTUīs image in the area.

At this time LTE operates flights for LTU and a few self genarated flights (callsign FUNJET). Donīt know about LTEīs future but it sure looks grim for the boys an girls in air and on gnd with the new management.I wish them all the best

Regards
CM

FlyingLow
22nd Oct 2001, 06:35
Don't really know who actually got/bought LTE, but I heard from good inside sources that LTE was starting a fleet change to Airbus planes, and was slowly leaving the LTU flights...

Well... it was some time ago since I got the last update (half a year), so things may have changed... ;)

The Red Sock
23rd Oct 2001, 14:39
According latest rumors the company was sold to the italian Volare-Group. They will rename the company into "Volar Airlines" by sring next year and will replace the 757s by A320s and A321s.

Critical Mach#
24th Oct 2001, 21:00
Red Sock...

Heard that too...months ago...."Volare to buy into LTE" but somehow doesnīt make a lot of sense.I believe SAir group holds aprox 49% in volare.So...what sense would make to get LTE out of LTU,a SAir group company, to get it into another company participated by SAir group?.

The volare rumour started in PMI about six months ago but after new managemant took control of the company it became clear that they were on their own.

About the fleet change....I hope your are right. No matter who is to be behind LTE now, a fleet change in the near future would mean some kind of optimistic outlook.

Regards
CM

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: Critical Mach# ]