PDA

View Full Version : 737 THR HLD at 84kts Why?

Speedwinner
15th Jan 2011, 07:53
Can somebody give me the reasons?RTO?

BOAC
15th Jan 2011, 08:06
Do you mean why THR HLD or why 84kts?

What does 'RTO? mean in your question?

A lot of your queries are a bit odd!

Speedwinner
15th Jan 2011, 08:29
Both:Why hold and why 84kts!

BOAC
15th Jan 2011, 08:33
.....and RTO?

STBYRUD
15th Jan 2011, 08:51
The A/T is fairly slow at setting takeoff thrust, in the classics, where the mode switched to THR HLD at sixty-something knots, it could happen that during strong headwinds the mode would change before takeoff thrust was set (which meant that the thrust levers had to be advanced manually to the desired TO thrust), thus they increased the speed in the NGs...

BOAC
15th Jan 2011, 08:59
Thanks WW - I do know what it means. I just feel we are all wasting our time with this poster. What does he/she make as a connection between 'RTO' and THR HLD'?

If you look at the posting history, we have a 'newbee' in July 2010 then asking how to teach a type rating briefing in a 1 hour sim session?
Guys,
when I do a briefing in the sim, id love to hear and share your experience. We have a big syllabus which we have to teach. But only 1 hour time. How do you guys prepare such briefings, on which topics is the weight.

Any help for me as a newbee? how to make good briefings for new pilots in typrerating?

Thanks!

SWandHello folks,

quick question:
When we do a takeoff on contaminated runway in our company, our working stations always reduces v1=Vmcg. My question is now: is this a requirement from JAA, is it because our company give this rule or arent there data values for adjusting the V1 on contaminated runways?

Any links hints tips?
Thanks!
SW andHello folks,

could you help me out please?

1.When we set the ADF beacon for outer marker, somebody told me that we have to put it on the right side, because this side is only able to play the sound and the light. Is that true on the 737-400? or was it on older models? Whats with the 737-300?

2. Why is it necessary to put the gear lever in off and depressure the hydraulic lines? For manual gear extension?

3. Why do we bounce if we land with power and the autospeedbrake does not come out?

Thanks!Do you feel he/she might be on the wrong forum? 'Teaching' a type rating on the 737 with NO knowledge???

NSEU
15th Jan 2011, 09:14
He's probably suggesting that disengaging the A/T from the levers (via thrust hold) will assist with the pulling of the thrust levers to idle (and keeping them there) during a rejected takeoff.

Each Boeing aircraft type seems to have a different value for thrust hold. At the end of the day, all it is doing is stopping the A/T from inputting a spurious command at the most critical time.

The EEC's on some aircraft have a similar hold mode during this time. Again, it's to reduce the likelihood of uncommanded signals messing with the thrust levels

Rgds
NSEU

SURGEBLEEDVALVE
15th Jan 2011, 09:15
The Aircraft will go into THR HOLD at 80 on the B767 and like any other Boeing the THR HOLD is to protect the thrust levers from unwanted takeoff power change.

From 80 knots to before selecting VNAV or CLMB thrust you can move and adjust the throttles manually.

Also the RTO brakes logic will activate at 85 knots due to the fact that anything below 80 knots is a low energy reject and doesn't require the RTO brake activation.

The THR HOLD annunciation works on the speed Logic and it is set up to 80knots. This will allow time for the thrust to reach the desired setting while N1 is selected.

Sometimes in Strong headwinds up to 20 knots the aircraft will reach 80knots in a very short time and the thrust will not be at the desired setting and the PM has to readjust (again it is based on Airspeed logic)