PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflot requirements

Santa's Little Helper
9th Jun 2001, 23:32
Hey guys,
would anyone know what Aeroflot's minimum requirements are for a pilot position. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

DownIn3Green
9th Jun 2001, 23:35
Why? Unless you know someone, I don't think you can work there. I know for a fact that there are many, many Russian Pilots out of work. Surely they'll take their own first, don't you think?

gurnzee
12th Jun 2001, 17:11
why the hell do you want to work there?

MikeSamuel
12th Jun 2001, 17:14
Maybe the oppourtunity to meet and work with Jeremy Spake is just too irresistible...

:) :) :)

Mike

moggie
12th Jun 2001, 18:15
Sorry - Jeremy Spake no longer works with Aeroflot, he's a full-time personality now!

As for requirements - Insanity would be top of the list, liking for poverty second and maybe just a little bit of the old deathwish?

Jim lovell
14th Jun 2001, 12:22
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

exeng
14th Jun 2001, 20:22
If Aeroflot's record is anything to go by I wouldn't imagine their minimum requirements would include a pilots licence!

regards
Exeng

airbing
14th Jun 2001, 20:27
1-drink a bottle of 70% vodka 3 hrs before check in.
2-smoke two packs of hard-core, non-filter cigarettes in 5 hrs.
3-have punched-out of a soviet fighter at least twice.
count me in coach!!!!

Natterjack
14th Jun 2001, 21:59
Thanks for the reassurance folks! :) I'm flying with SU routing LHR-SVO-DEL on August 18 returning September 18 (310 and IL-96). Do you think if I offer a bottle of Russia's best vodka I'd be allowed a j/s? :)

------------------
I spend most of my money on beer and women - the rest I just waste.

SomewhereOverHere
14th Jun 2001, 22:52
Natterjack,
don't worry, I've been to DEL and back with SU earlier this year, over on the IL96 and back B767. They're fine. Visited flight deck, the crew were happy to chat and talk about the plane.

I've been flying about 10-15 flights each year on SU, mostly Tu154 (couple of 134s... still waiting for a chance on an IL86) and generally they are fine, I'd say they are under-rated. Food is not great but ok. Seats on the 134 are a bit tight but the 154 is ok. Even the cabin crew are ok - they seem to put the young hosties, who are pretty but grumpy, in economy and the retired shot putters in Business and they are really sweet and pleasant!

Chatted with a couple of 154 flight crew, they are generally pleasant and quite happy to talk about the aircraft etc.

Enjoy!