PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways

n1limit
14th Jan 2011, 11:54
Hey,

Anyone here who is working for or has information about Tiger airways?

How is life in Singapore? Conditions of that company?
I found it via parcaviation.

Thanks a lot..

Michi
25th Jan 2011, 10:41
Does anybody know something about the screening process?

Thanks M.

Touch'n'oops
25th Jan 2011, 12:30
Expect:

Interview with two management pilots.

Technical questions along the lines of describe the A320 Hydraulic System in detail. Then questions on different types of effects of failures. Also a number of Pilot General Knowledge questions that you should know as a pilot.

Then a Sim ride.
Hand flown departure. Then 180 degree turns in both directions with no FD or bird. The first turn is at 30 degrees then 45 degrees.
You will be asked to incept a radial by the most expeditious means.
Next a hand flown hold entry, followed by an NDB approach with a base turn.
Once back on the runway, reset and take off again. EFATO will occur to which you are expected to get the aircraft back as you normally would.
But, as Tiger is so desperate for pilots, I doubt you can fail. :hmm:

btw, 17 A320s arriving this year alone!!!

R20c
26th Jan 2011, 22:22
I agree with the Sim ride details but the interview is generally more relaxed than that stated above..
The company do need both Captains and FOs but many have been rejected in recent months who didn't meet the grade (especially in the Sim..) desperate maybe but still has high standards:D

chairwrecker
27th Jan 2011, 00:00
Doubt that all of that will be stationed in Singapore...

Touch'n'oops
27th Jan 2011, 17:03
The guy I was in the sim with couldn't fly the single engine approach without nearly crashing and he still passed!!!

Stallone
1st Feb 2011, 14:47
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7311/tigerbenefit.jpg

doo
2nd Feb 2011, 16:45
What are housing costs?
day to day living & transport costs?

Stallone
2nd Feb 2011, 17:20
All in Singapore Dollar

typical 4room HDB flat - $2000 or so for rent

food - McDonalds' meal $7.50

transport -
Taxicabs of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicabs_of_Singapore)
Transport in Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_in_Singapore)

internet - $35 for broadband 6mbps
phone - 100minutes talk time, 500sms, 12GB internet data $39

Beer - 1 carton of 24 carlsberg $45

movie ticket - $10 weekend

petrol - $1.90/L for RON95, diesel passenger car is almost impossible to get

car - BMW 318i $200k
Singapore No.1 Car Site for New Car & Used Cars - sgCarMart (http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/index.php)

Lithgow
3rd Feb 2011, 04:27
Stallone: I have yet to see someone from the UK, Australia or US even think about renting an HDB, as decent as they are. The Filipinos and other non-Caucasian captains have no problem at all living in HDB.

They feel that they must live in a condo or house.

I wonder why.

etops777
3rd Feb 2011, 04:46
HDB is an excellent choice. You will have more space and HDB is more convenient. Should you require to use the facilities why not take the difference in rent and join the gym.:ok:

Stallone
3rd Feb 2011, 04:56
Well, if the caucasians think they need the facilities, by all means go rent a condo

that's $4000 at least per month..

i doubt a F/O pay is sufficient for them to live comfortably if they insist on a condo

Michi
3rd Feb 2011, 09:35
Zitten hier ook Nederlanders of Vlamingen?

lofty_dreams
3rd Feb 2011, 10:17
$107k per annum should give a decent standard of living in Singapore. I believe the cost of living is higher in other Asian cities on par with Singapore, like Hong Kong.

Of course, insisting on fine dining and high-end housing will mean that the paycheck is not enough.

Metro man
3rd Feb 2011, 22:11
Housing Development Board, basically government housing. 86% of the population live there. There older ones are a bit basic, however the newer ones are perfectly acceptable, they just lack the pool/gym/tennis court that you'll find in the private condos.

There is no stigma attached to living in an HDB, most people buy their own and the estates are clean, safe and well maintained. They are not comparable to "the projects" or a council estate.

Some HDBs are provided for rental by the government to cater to people who can't afford to buy, stay away from these. You aren't eligible as a foreigner anyway.

HDB InfoWEB : Homepage (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/)

PBY
4th Feb 2011, 08:30
Hi guys,
what is it like to live in Singapoure. Is it like Hongkong? Is the air much cleaner? How is the summer, is it very hot? How is the winter?
Thanks

Capt. Glenn Quagmire
4th Feb 2011, 12:58
Singapore is 2 degrees North of the equator. That should tell you a lot about the winter there. The air is cleaner than HK, Its hard for it NOT to be in all honesty.

capitan320
4th Feb 2011, 22:15
How much is the cost of a car in Singapore

thrustpig
4th Feb 2011, 22:27
Car in singapore = luxury item. Yeah the cheap part. (200%tax)+++COE (40000SD/10), + Road Tax(1000/1) + Insurance (2500/1) + petrol ( 12000km@(10L/100km), [email protected]= 2460

Lets call it 10000SD per year + the sticker value depreciation.

Dont expect any change out of 100,000SD for your medium size 4 door sedan.

have i got a deal for you........

Touch'n'oops
5th Feb 2011, 15:34
Don't get a car in Singapore if you can help it. The cost is Ridiculous!!! However, taxis are cheap, plenty and clean.

As for housing check out Singapore Property, Property for Sale/Rent, Singapore Real Estate | Property Guru (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/)
This will give you a pretty good idea. Btw, $4000 SGD will get you a very nice fully furnished condo. Also a lot are coming onto the market as they are being completed so expect prices to fall.

As for Tiger's recruitment, do a little searching on here about the 10% pay cut they tried to impose on their pilots... hence the exodus a year or so ago. Furthermore I spoke to a Training Captain at Tiger, he said don't join.

Btw, Tiger pay for NOTHING. Just what you have flown. Not even a cup of coffee or uniform. So when looking at the pay, keep in mind you will have to pay for everything else that you need to do the job out of your own pocket.

Enjoy the walk across the apron!!! :E

Touch'n'oops
6th Feb 2011, 15:03
Oh and I nearly forgot to mention that Tiger's "Health insurance" ONLY COVERS 75%of the medical cost. That's everything from treatment to medicine. :sad:

Keep in mind you might end up one day with surgery costing 100K SGD and you'll have to find 25K SGD.:eek:

This was a real deal breaker for me. Might as well not be covered. With a medical plan like that I end up having to buy my own insurance.:=

An airline skimping on it's medical plan isn't a smart thing to do in my eyes, as it doesn't take much for us to be grounded due medical issues. We're not much good stuck on terra firma.:rolleyes:

soaredtonewheights
8th Feb 2011, 03:48
Hello all. Ive been contacted by Tiger and they have given me a screening date. I'm really considering it. From what I have read on here and my own research, it seems that 1. Singapore is a decent place to live but expensive. 2. Tiger is an Ok place to work with some shortcomings, but hey which airline doesn't. What I really want to know is whats the working conditions like? How much do you take home on a monthly basis. If i do take the job, I'll be moving there with my wife and two young children, can we survive on fo pay with a family of 4? If anyone can shed any light on these questions and concerns, please feel free. Thanks.

Metro man
8th Feb 2011, 08:36
I'm guessing you want you want your children to stay on the American curriculum so give these guys a call and ask them for pricing, including transport.

Stamford American International School (http://www.sais.edu.sg/index.html)

Basically as an f/o you will need to send your kids to local schools, however promotion can be rapid if you have the hours and impress in the sim.

soaredtonewheights
8th Feb 2011, 14:27
Thanks for the info. Well I have about 5300 on the bus alone and 6900 total time. I was told that upgrade can happen between 6 months to a year, but I'm skeptical, is that even realistic? If it is, that would definitely change the dynamic. How much does an FO take home a month, if you could pm me with the info I'd appreciate it, do you currently fly for them?

Skindogg
8th Feb 2011, 17:10
Your hours are good enough for upgrade within a year or so. You just need to prove yourself in the sim I believe and hope the timing is right for upgrade. The terms and conditions are pretty accurate, you can check them out here...

http://www.tigerairways.com/news/TigerAirways_Summary.pdf

Singapore is expensive to live in, i.e. rent for a nice condo. You can spend as much or as little as you like of your income, it's up to your personal tastes. If you can live like a local then it's not bad, if you want Western everything, then it's a little expensive.
Good luck!

Jockstrap
9th Feb 2011, 17:51
Hiya Guys,

Going basck to an earlier question, are Tigerair (Singapore) planning to expand this year or is that being held back by pilot numbers.
Also, even though you're contacted to 950 hrs annually the sector lengths look reasonably long so how does that affect the duty day length and what are the rosta patterns like ie 5/2 or 6/4?

Where do most crews choose to live - in the city itself or out near the airport for ease of travel? many thanks JS

PROBEUSMC
10th Feb 2011, 01:32
I talked to the "Boss" at Tiger about 10 months ago. We talked for a bit, and he was telling me about the compensation. He told me there was no pay during line training. I asked him how long was line training. He said "at least 3 months." I hope his ears were not wringing from me hanging up the phone.

One of my FO's was asking me last week about airlines in Asia right now, especially Tiger. I told him the above and he called up the website on his phone and showed me that it was not there. I read a bit further - and came across a new one: a "Singapore License Conversion Bond." 25 or 30K I believe for 3 years. LOL

I smell a Douchebag. There are plenty of jobs out there right now. There is no need to work for a place like Tiger. For those wanting an upgrade there, if there is a "License Conversion Bond", god knows what they want for an upgrade!!!!!!!!!

R20c
10th Feb 2011, 07:53
Don't know which "boss" you were talking to but there is training pay from day one of your contract, roughly equals around 5k if I remember correctly more than JFO basic pay but less than SFO basic pay.. Full pay during your line training also except when you have a safety pilot as they will get your pay.. This will be 1-3 days depending on experience.. Line training also will depend of experience but 3 month?!? I can't see that ever happening.. Maybe that including all the ground training also but even then seems a little high... The training bond is only for one year and most of us never even signed it anyway!

Believe me there are plenty worse places to be but it is true Singapore is very expensive!

Touch'n'oops
11th Feb 2011, 19:35
My personal view is that Tiger really need to review what they offer. As for now it is not worth it. :=

Sunstar320
13th Feb 2011, 09:42
There hasn't really been any increase in salary since the company launched 7 years ago...and after the company put the same offer on the table late last year, alot waited for the 3yr bonus and got out of there.

At least the guys have a union in Australia, same issues about to arise, and will hit the company ten times harder than the Singapore exodus did.

Stallone
13th Feb 2011, 11:53
seems like everywhere is the same..

no point leaving anyway...

from one ****hole to another..

390blue
16th Feb 2011, 07:22
Can anyone confirm what I heard today from a Singapore CA I spoke to recently. That is Tiger is offering a 6 month contract for 320 CA at $18k(US)per/mo?

Jiraiya
16th Feb 2011, 14:09
What sort of flights do you get?

5 days on 2 Off, with 950 hrs a year, how do you actually survive?

Touch'n'oops
16th Feb 2011, 15:15
If it is true, then someone is getting desperate!!! :hmm:

And they are not going to solve the recruiting problem in 6 months.

Touch'n'oops
17th Feb 2011, 07:53
Is your friend only quoting base pay?

Because $5,333 sounds a bit exact for company that also pays flight pay.

I feel your friend has only given you what his base pay is and Tiger is quoting base pay AND flight pay fixed on 950 hours per year.

CAAS allow pilots to fly 1000 hours a year btw! :ooh:

onieangeles
17th Feb 2011, 12:46
sea tiger in clark is awesome, im now on my initial training with a320 rating in clark av im now aiming for a direct captain position since im an admin pilot in seair

Sunstar320
17th Feb 2011, 23:08
starskate, South East Asian Airlines or SEAIR, not known as Sea Tiger. They are leasing A319's of Tiger and sell their seats via Tiger's website, and their relationship ends there. They have nothing to do with Tiger apart from that, dont know why some think its Tiger Sea air. Clark is an airport in manila, but Seair are based at MNL so not quite sure what onieangeles is on about..

How many hours do you have on the bus, considered applying for Tiger Australia?? Lifestyle down here beats anything in asia.

Config3Landing
18th Feb 2011, 02:37
Thanks for the info. Well I have about 5300 on the bus alone and 6900 total time. I was told that upgrade can happen between 6 months to a year, but I'm skeptical, is that even realistic? If it is, that would definitely change the dynamic. How much does an FO take home a month, if you could pm me with the info I'd appreciate it, do you currently fly for them?those hours might land you on the left seat of another bus operator next door paying roughly 9500 USD a month on 80hrs...

Jockstrap
18th Feb 2011, 13:25
You got PM

duyen
20th Feb 2011, 03:49
paul jeeves will be coming back to tiger.. he just got terminated by vietnam airlines:ok:

duyen
20th Feb 2011, 13:07
he's just a canadian dude.. he was terminated from tiger and then vietnam and then now back there again i think

Phenom100
20th Feb 2011, 13:27
I have 1500hrs. Of which most of it is on Caravan in PNG, i am seriously looking to join up now with Tiger as a FO.

Please, please does anyone have a e-mail address for them and contact name.

Thank you kindly

Phenom100

sonicguy
21st Feb 2011, 13:26
any chance to join Tiger as a Capt without an A320 rating? Cheers

futureTP
21st Feb 2011, 13:29
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know when the next round for SO recruitment begins??

Thanks

Frenique
23rd Feb 2011, 05:48
To all fellow mates,

Tiger is not recruiting any pilots except pilots with min 500 hrs on A320. And recently, they just hooked up some blokes from easyjets and ryanair. So i highly doubt they would accept anyone even if jet experience on their A320.

So nice trying fellas! :ok:

Reepicheep
23rd Feb 2011, 18:38
1. Do you need to be A320 current - the application states "The most recent proficiency check must not be more than 12 months old from the date of
application for conversion and preferably 2 proficiency checks in the last 12 months.
Proficiency checks must have a minimum of 4 months validity at time of license
conversion."

2. Are the schedules out-and-backs/home every night?

Thanks!

Touch'n'oops
23rd Feb 2011, 21:30
Are you asking if Tiger does night-stops?

If the airline won't pay for you to even have a cup of coffee, don't expect them to pay for your hotel room! :hmm:

Config3Landing
9th Mar 2011, 15:47
The application states you must have 2 PC in the last 12 months to apply

I thought it says there 'PREFERABLY 2 PC's' in 12 months...?...BTW I only know pilots who do it twice a year...

God saves America... :ugh:

Stallone
16th Mar 2011, 16:05
used to be 62, now raised to 65

but it depends on individual companies whether they still wanna hire you after 62

Stallone
17th Mar 2011, 00:05
i'm at nowhere

bolueeleh
17th Mar 2011, 02:40
Yep, ouch is right,

ouch for all singaporean private CPL holders,

ouch for all singaporean who is above 32yrs OLD,

ouch for all singaporean who thinks that this was their dream,

ouch is right... :D

singapore is all right... :ok:

Metro man
18th Mar 2011, 21:01
Im assumeing that means a months rent in advance and a month up front ( $5000) Im guessing.

Try two months rent for your deposit, a months rent in advance and possibly a months rent commission for the agent who finds the place for you (agents commission depends on the rent, sometimes the renter pays it other times the landlord):eek:

Sunstar320
19th Mar 2011, 02:21
Singapore is expensive to put a roof over your head and cars. My car here in Oz cost me 35k new, the same in Singas would probaly be 5 times that. I guess one good thing coming from Australia and US is we get 30% more for our dollar.

Even if you get into Tiger and Singapore is not really for you, well you could always try and sort out your CASA issues whilst with TR and try and get a transfer into Australia once you have been there for a year or two. 205k for capt in Singapore is not that bad compared to 185k in Aus with obscene tax rates.

Stallone
19th Mar 2011, 16:01
cheap decent hotels

Hotel81
+ welcome to Hotel 81 + (http://www.hotel81.com.sg/)

Fragrance Hotel
Fragrance Hotel- Singapore budget hotel with affordable rates and 15mins away from Singapore international airport (http://www.fragrancehotel.com/fragrance06/main.asp)

the nearest to the airport branches for both are at "Joo Chiat"

Touch'n'oops
26th Mar 2011, 04:11
Starskate,

Moving to Singapore is going to be bloody expensive. I estimate set up at around 16,000 SGD. This is what I spent up to my first pay check.

Breakdown

Apartment (btw, my place is awesome. Can find a so, so place for around half this)
4,000 rent upfront
8,000 deposit

Airfare

Day to Day living (Including piss ups, eating, taxis,.etc.)

Exam, visa and license fees

I'm also sure more money has gone somewhere.

Note: Tiger will not pay/give anything other than your basic salary, until you clear your check onto line.

Easiest way to look at it is: ask yourself the question you want to ask them and save time by applying the standard answer "NO!". :rolleyes:

Stallone
27th Mar 2011, 03:56
well, i can see that massive amount has been put into rent..

if you're tight on cash, you can always rent a single room first, which is about S$400/month, plus deposit, should not be more than S$2000

S$4000/month is a whole unit, and seriously speaking, that's high rental, you can get $2500-$3000/month kind of rental in the eastern Singapore near the airport. Of course, it's not a condominium, it's a HDB flat which 80% of Singaporeans live in.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Pasir_Ris_HDB.JPG

HDB flats look like this, and this is Pasir Ris, which is 10minutes from the airport by taxi

etops777
27th Mar 2011, 06:49
Stallone

that picture looks familiar to me!:E

I lived close by at Blk 118.

Starskate..

Your actually better off by renting an HDB. You get more for your money. The difference in HDB vs. Condo is that Condo will cost you more but a lot smaller to HDB..plus the facilities that comes with Condo, thats all!

HDB in Punggol area is quite nice...pretty much like condo.

etops777
28th Mar 2011, 13:38
Hi there

Any direct contacts that you can pass along?

Ive applied for a self sponsored scheme but the application they provided did not have an option of self typed scheme to tick.

I lived in SIN and will be home from 16-30 of Apr..lets go for a drink.

Cant send any PM to you..

safelife
30th Mar 2011, 09:54
Direct Personnel told me they are short in both seats.

mac76
1st Apr 2011, 14:13
star skate i will be down there soon send me a pm i can maybe give u some info and will join u for a drink come middle of the mth

babotika
1st Apr 2011, 19:50
SIN-PER-SIN is operated on a SIN based aircraft.

Friend working there tells me they need both but don't have the training capacity... 2nd hand info though.

S.

Fly4Fun
4th Apr 2011, 17:30
Tigers,

What's your average block hours per month? If you reach the 950 hours in, lets say, 10 months that means you have an extra month off?

Happy landings

grouchynojob
11th Apr 2011, 12:03
Would any Tiger F/os be kind enough to post an average months roster please.

Many thanks,
GNJ

Droste
12th Apr 2011, 01:08
OK\\" I need some help here if anyone can assist. Iv had some help from many of you in my application and I thank you all. The question is this. Are there any American pilots ( FAA) flying for Tiger. Im Australian with an FAA license . I need to talk to YOU . I have not heard of any American pilots or FAA licence holders being hired by Tiger Airways. I will be extremely amazed and surprised if Tiger Airways hired Singaporeans (there are many too) who are FAA licence holders. Can you contact me and let me know how it went for you. Love to join the Tiger group but I need to know how hard it really is to get pass CAAS.There are American pilots (FAA ATP Licence holder) hired by SIA and those are Captains. If you are are holder of FAA ATP Licence with commanding heavy-jet hours, licence conversion to CAAS is very easy.

Dani
13th Apr 2011, 07:17
There were FAA licenses pilots in Tiger, although they left. Some went to JetStar. I'm not sure, but I think you have to do the same as a JAA license holder: Singaporian air law examn, and - if type rated already - the A320 technical test. If not type rated, you will do the conversion within Tiger.

I didn't hear of any problems for Americans. There were also Mexicans and other Americans in Tiger.

hth,
Dani

Droste
13th Apr 2011, 16:04
There were FAA licenses pilots in Tiger, although they left. Some went to JetStar. I\'m not sure, but I think you have to do the same as a JAA license holder: Singaporian air law examn, and - if type rated already - the A320 technical test. If not type rated, you will do the conversion within Tiger.I didn\'t hear of any problems for Americans. There were also Mexicans and other Americans in Tiger.Looks like United States FAA Pilot License is highly remarkable and valuable in Singapore!

dogsfatass
14th Apr 2011, 14:34
If you have a current FAA licence with an A320 endorsement you will have no problem getting a CAAS licence, as long as you are to be employed by a company on the Singaporean AOC eg Tiger, who must do your training. You will need to do the Air Law exam, and the A320 technical. Both are piss easy if you have the cheat sheets that are floating about.

Make sure you have, before you arrive:

Licence
Stamped logbook
English Proficiency test
Current ME CIR
Proof of HPL exam
Supporting paperwork from the Airline you will be working for ie Tiger.

All current, all on the same licence. They will not accept bits and pieces of different licences.

Each individual case seems to be treated slightly different, it's just a matter of digging up all the crap they want but if you have all of the above you will be ok.

iggy
14th Apr 2011, 20:22
What about the Singaporean Class I? I've been told by the AME in ST Medical Services that I should present my last two full medical reports just to apply for the Class I with them. It's quite difficult to get those reports, are they that adamant with that? Any other way to approach the issue?

Thanks!

Touch'n'oops
16th Apr 2011, 09:12
Looks like United States FAA Pilot License is highly remarkable and valuable in Singapore! hahahahaha... Good one!

Basically CAAS see the FAA license as holding insufficient theoretical knowledge.

FAA ATPL holders will have to do:
- Air Law
- A320 Tech (if you already have the rating, but only if you have less then 2,000hrs on type)
- Human Performance
- Aircraft Performance (This one has had a lot of FAA guys crashing and burning, it is the hardest by far. Don't under estimate it.)

btw JAR to CAAS:
- Only have to sit Air Law

On the Class 1 medical, you MUST get the last two medical reports. No way round it. They do ask for last two ECGs and last chest X-ray, but after I handed the two medical reports over they said it was sufficient. Further note, it takes on average three weeks for them to issue the initial Class 1 medical.

iggy
16th Apr 2011, 09:58
Many thanks Touch!

kwaiyai
18th Apr 2011, 11:14
The CAAS used to require an RT Licence too.
FAA Licence had to get that FCC licence or has that also changed.
Regards

mkfmbos
23rd Apr 2011, 10:22
For Most companies overseas you will be training every six months whether your an FO or a CAPT

mkfmbos
23rd Apr 2011, 10:30
Well a hotel wont cost you that much if you choose the right area. Galong has cheap hotels. A friend of mine, his sim partner stayed in a hooker hotel for 2 months at 50 bucks a night. I think he had to pay extra for the girls though.

cameltoad
10th May 2011, 01:26
Hey starskate I was wondering you wouldn't happen to be a fellow USAir pilot would you? I am, currently flying in China, I have been recalled but thinking of bailing and staying in asia. Any info I would be glad to pass along

onieangeles
10th May 2011, 15:17
i hope the 2 airbus of tiger arrive asap so i wouldnt stuck for nothing with the cebupac pilots

FireWorks
10th May 2011, 16:16
I can not understand why 45 y.o is the limit for many Companies if you are a highly qualified professional. :confused:

I do not understand those Companies.:\

Why?:uhoh:

What is the reason? :(

Is it something related to C.R.M? :suspect:

socalflyer
10th May 2011, 16:21
Does Tiger have an age limit for first officers?

iggy
13th May 2011, 11:58
Latest from Tiger: recruitment has been suspended UFN.

News anyone?

:ok:

millerscourt
13th May 2011, 12:59
starskate

As 411A is no longer with us can I suggest that at the age of 51 and still a F/O with not that many hours then perhaps a career change should be considered!;)

Metro man
13th May 2011, 23:02
Latest from Tiger: recruitment has been suspended UFN.

Possibly because they now have the required number of pilots that they set out to employ.:rolleyes:

Appalachian
14th May 2011, 03:43
Cameltoad, I'm a US Air guy looking at the China option. Can I PM you with a few questions?

camel
14th May 2011, 04:46
millerscourt..

give starskate a break...do you know when he started flying ? at 51 he still has at least 14 years to go ...career change at 51 ? u joking right?

thank god not everyone on here is a 744 sky god !

tiger are still hiring...

Appalachian
14th May 2011, 17:09
Well said Starskate. Your reply shows you are a stand up guy. Good luck to you. You will do well.:ok:

Touch'n'oops
14th May 2011, 17:31
Millerscourt... you Muppet!!!

Starskate, I respect your level headed and realistic approach to aviation. Too few who are lucky to land good jobs actually appreciate their position in the aviation world.

There are a number of ex Japan Airlines F/Os joining my company and many of them are above 50 and have more hours than me. BUT, they all want to learn and do listen to this 20 something year old when he tries to mentor them into the company.

Aviation is messy and always will be!

camel
14th May 2011, 19:07
no worries ...stay cool!

PoppaJo
15th May 2011, 01:04
You will find Tiger, especially in Australia, are quite interested in those who have the experience, certainly not an airline full of 200hr wonders.

Have you tried Tiger OZ? Or in other words, have you tried getting past those dodgy bastards at CASA :mad:

millerscourt you tosser! :ugh:

Double the Drift
20th May 2011, 00:34
Starskate, if Tiger aren't recruiting at the moment have you tried Jetstar Asia based in Singapore? They don't advertise for FOs on the website but they are definitely recruiting them. Similar stuff.

Alif
3rd Jun 2011, 06:41
hye guys..

I am fresh pilt from malaysia. do Tiger accept fresh pilot with 200 tt? and how can i apply this?

truefaith
3rd Jun 2011, 07:52
I am fresh pilt from malaysia. do Tiger accept fresh pilot with 200 tt? and how can i apply this?

Right click here (http://www.pprune.org/6489584-post2432.html) :)

truefaith
4th Jun 2011, 14:49
I met a Singaporean Indian lady (she works for Tiger Airways) at CAAS licensing office late last month.

Does anybody know her name? Sorry...I really can't recall her name. :ugh:

Can somebody kindly pass the message to her? I am in military uniform and I am waiting for her email. :)

Sunstar320
10th Jun 2011, 08:24
I believe TR are looking for F/Os again...

truefaith
10th Jun 2011, 10:29
I believe TR are looking for F/Os again...
Nothing new.

They are always hiring. 365 days all year around. :)

USnet
10th Jun 2011, 12:00
Anyone has late infos on Tiger recruiting / interview / upgrade possibility ? Please let me know or PM me.... Thanks :ok:
Pete

Tekor Bali
10th Jun 2011, 13:51
Is Tiger recruiting Fo without type ?

First Officers Applicants should possess the following minimum requirements
1. Total Flight Time of ≥1500 hours.
2. Minimum of 1,000 hours on civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew
operation.
3. A320 Type Rating with a minimum of 500 hours on type.

:ugh:

USnet
17th Jun 2011, 15:30
I see noone has any info.....
Maybe someone knows if Tiger gives tickets with a sister company for employees commuting long range ?
Thanks in advance ....

R20c
18th Jun 2011, 04:39
Tiger gives you discount tickets on Tiger flights only... No sister company tickets... (no sister company to give tickets apart from SQ and they want nothing to do with Tiger!)
a huge shame as most Tiger pilots are expats and tickets home would make a huge difference...

PNY
10th Jul 2011, 12:45
Does anybody know how the current Tiger Airways turmoil is affecting pilot hiring at Tiger Airways Singapore?

Not to mention there quest to hire dozens, if not hundreds, of STATA graduates into the right seat under multi-crew pilot licenses, which have yet to be formally approved by the CAAS, perhaps they will do away with this mcpl concept now and stick to well trained qualified individuals too... in light of all that is going on...

There are already so many licensed experienced people looking for work as it is...

truefaith
12th Jul 2011, 09:50
Does anybody know how the current Tiger Airways turmoil is affecting pilot hiring at Tiger Airways Singapore?
It might going to slow the recruitment down.

Hmm...I wonder what could have exactly cause the Tiger Airways turmoil? Probably, the frustrating Aussie pilots and/or the Aussie air-operators can't stand Tiger Airways and lodged complaint to CASA.

Not to mention there quest to hire dozens, if not hundreds, of STATA graduates into the right seat under multi-crew pilot licenses, which have yet to be formally approved by the CAAS, perhaps they will do away with this mcpl concept now and stick to well trained qualified individuals too...
I thought they have changed their name to STAA?

There are already so many licensed experienced people looking for work as it is...
PNY is right.

MTBUR
12th Jul 2011, 10:38
truefaith, Tiger Australia is being audited from busting minima, and I highly doubt Qantas is complaining about that.

Tiger has been grounded pending CASA investigations into their safety - thats the cause of the turmoil.

Island Dreamer
15th Jul 2011, 09:10
It will not be too long, then the recruitment will be back to normal.

We all know how it goes :)

kwaiyai
19th Jul 2011, 10:39
last I heard frm down under was grounding extended to end Aug,

snk596
19th Jul 2011, 16:00
Hey Starskate!

U serious about getting to Asia? I can help you with an upgrade!

No BS!

PM me!

takamasa
28th Jul 2011, 14:24
i know TR will not hire any people less than 1500 hrs

but what if i got the connection , would that help in terms of employment at TR??

thanks

retardretard
14th Jan 2012, 07:49
Hey guys,
Any news on tigers plan for this year..expanding shrinking..
I goggled..it says planing to add more flights..
Cheers
RR

cameltoad
23rd Jan 2012, 02:44
Does anyone know if Tiger is interviewing for DEC soon?
THNXS:ok:

MDT06
28th Mar 2012, 02:18
How are things at Tiger? Quiet lately.

MDT06

Banuthev
2nd Apr 2012, 21:04
Tiger Airways to Colombo - Sri Lanka Aviation (http://www.airsrilanka.org/forum/showthread.php?313-Sri-Lanka-Aviation&p=2600&viewfull=1#post2600)

rotatejunkie
13th Sep 2012, 06:39
Any boys headed for the interview in SG next week?

airplanedriver
13th Sep 2012, 08:17
didnt know they were hiring, do u have the T&C's?

SFC172N
14th Sep 2012, 04:00
Anyone went for interviews this week or being scheduled for interview in the coming days?

Heard it is held at tiger's new office in changi business park

dash8pilotCanada
16th Sep 2012, 12:17
Yes they are hiring:

Tiger Airways (http://www.tigerairways.com/sg/en/pilotrecruit.php)

airplanedriver
19th Sep 2012, 08:06
Any idea on the T&C's? also do they have any sort of commuting roster?

Stallone
19th Sep 2012, 08:38
think i heard it's 5-day early flights + 2-day rest, then 4-day late flights + 3-day rest

that's the pattern

airplanedriver
19th Sep 2012, 08:45
Thanks for that info Stallone! So i guess no commuting roster here, also any news on the pay!?

wannabe15
19th Sep 2012, 09:01
http://www.tigerairways.com/news/TigerAirways_Summary.pdf

airplanedriver
19th Sep 2012, 09:29
Thanks Wannabe15, it certainly gives a good indication, i guess, but i heard the new terms have been improved.

dagger19
21st Sep 2012, 08:27
Has anyone got revert from tiger interview status yet?

SFC172N
21st Sep 2012, 15:22
dagger: Interview status as in for ab-initio cadets? I heard they did a interview a week ago.

SFC172N
25th Sep 2012, 16:32
Anyone got in this round for tiger cadets? The results was released earlier today...

sgcloudchaser
26th Sep 2012, 09:49
how do one apply for the tiger cadet scheme? thanks in advance.

eerie
26th Sep 2012, 12:24
With 185k SGD bef GST and google.

MDT06
8th Oct 2012, 01:46
I'll be in Singapore next week. Does anyone know how many hours per month they fly. Their income profile is based on max hours and I wanted to know what is the actual average.

Thinking about personaly taking CV. I would take any advice.
Thanks

MDT

airplanedriver
8th Oct 2012, 09:03
I have still not got any solid info on the new package, would really appreciate any new details regarding remuneration and rostering

silencer22
9th Oct 2012, 15:46
the tiger programme will be commencing on 29 oct, 15 are selected, thou a few have not cleared their medical.

They are given until 12 October to decide if they r going for the programme. Thereafter, staa may pick the rest from the waiting list to fill the gap.

I might b able to help if u hav qns abt the selection procedure

sgcloudchaser
10th Oct 2012, 09:29
I didn't see how people applied to this programme or I may have missed.
Do you apply to STAA to do CPL/IR and thus qualified to apply for Tiger cadet programme or you apply to Tiger direct and Tiger places you into the STAA after accepting you?

Either way, yes, I know the $185k fee, which is the STAA fee...

sgcloudchaser
10th Oct 2012, 09:33
ok i found the application link but are they still taking in or holding interview?

flying.monkeyz
10th Oct 2012, 13:40
Do you apply to STAA to do CPL/IR and thus qualified to apply for Tiger cadet programme or you apply to Tiger direct and Tiger places you into the STAA after accepting you?

What I understand from the STAA talk organized a few months back: you enroll with STAA as a self-sponsored student. Sometime during the ground school phase they (STAA & Tiger) will arrange for cadet interviews. If you make it through the interviews, you get a Singapore CPL/IR/MECIR + Job. If not, you'll just get the license.

silencer22
10th Oct 2012, 14:27
for this cohort, they did the interviews first, and then select the applicants for the MPL course.

scar3bu5
15th Oct 2012, 02:03
Hi,

One of my friend was offered the ab-initio course. He has trouble with financing though....any advice on how to get a loan?

rotatejunkie
15th Oct 2012, 16:31
Beg borrow or steal.
Alternatively, try with the letter of intent/employment and bang on the doors of the banks.
I believe the loan amount is pegged to the wages of the guarantor. So pick your wealthy relative. I hope this helps.

anodize
16th Oct 2012, 02:29
hi silencer22,

just wondering how many intakes per year?

McMounty
14th Dec 2012, 11:43
Hi everyone,
Has anyone been to assessment with Tiger recently for direct entry F/O? I have an interview with them somewhere next week, feedback is very much appreciated!

fatcadet
17th Dec 2012, 06:23
Mcmonty

They need Lot of pilots as far as I know. Good Luckl

fatcadet
17th Dec 2012, 06:29
Mcmonty

They need Lot of pilots as far as I know. Good Luckl

kcjunio
17th Dec 2012, 06:39
Hi Stallone, can I check that the figures you posted is accurate up till now? Do you know if there has been any new revisions of late?

Stallone
21st Dec 2012, 06:12
which figures?

u mean the rostering?

if so, ya pretty much unchanged. however the "working days" can also be standby days.

smellybellyAlis
21st Dec 2012, 15:04
Hi guys sorry i'm new to this forum.
Just finished my NS a couple of weeks ago and was really getting quite interested in this pilot business. Been reading alot and flying on my FSX everyday.

Just curious is it worthwhile to join STAA's program? like is the chance of getting a job at tiger high? the price seems really hefty tho...

Or is it more worthwhile to do a flying degree at like Massey or UNSW? However those CPL's are CASA approved and not CAAS which is required in singapore right so what's the chances of getting a job then. Sorry correct me if i made any mistakes. Still new! Thanks!

rotatejunkie
21st Dec 2012, 16:54
Smelly,
Do check out another thread:-
Career Options for Singaporean.....

More answers there, u will find.

flying.monkeyz
22nd Dec 2012, 00:42
Hi Smelly,

Good to know you are keen to pursue this line. Lots of things to think about so spend some good time going through it all.

The STAA program is a self-sponsored program. Means that you get a CAAS CPL/IR at the end. STAA ties up with Tiger so what Tiger may do if there's vacancy is that sometime during your ground school phase they will interview the students that are interested. If you are successful then you switch over to the MPL program and get a job with Tiger on the condition that you successfully complete the course. If you are not selected then you continue with your CPL/IR as planned.

As you have just completed your NS I assume you don't have a university degree. Airline cadet programs are very competitive and in the absence of your flying record they will then browse through applicants' academic records before doing the selection for interview. So if you have a university degree you then stand a better chance of being called up. Also a university degree acts as a backup, in case for some whatever reason you don't get to fly.

Massey and UNSW programs are good, albeit expensive. Yes you do get a NZCAA / CASA licence. That depends on what you want to do with it later. If you insist of coming back to Singapore, then you will need to convert your licence to CAAS licence which involves rewriting all ATPL exams, flight test, and an employment contract with a Singaporean air operator. Remember all these are subjected to changes. If you don't need to come back to Singapore then you are free to use your licence to find other flying jobs around the world. Just need to convert to the local licence if you're not flying in NZ / Australia.

I spoke to a Massey representative recently and she mentioned that the coursework you do for the degree is their ATPL equivalent, so you do not need to spend additional time doing ATPL ground school.

All the best.

Stallone
22nd Dec 2012, 08:13
to add on, STAA programme for CPL/IR is abt S$140k(no type rating), MPL is abt S$200k

so far, past batches from STAA with CAAS license are able to get into airlines. Tiger, Jetstar n SilkAir, while some went to Indonesia

smellybellyAlis
22nd Dec 2012, 13:37
Thanks for the heads up!

I was just wondering if say Tiger or silkair didn't have vacancies while undergoing the STAA route, then if i want to apply for the SIA interview after i have attained my CAAS CPL, where does that put me? Since it's CAAS approved, do you have to re do the course ab initio? Any Clues?

I'm actually quite tempted to go down the STAA route without getting a degree as i've read of many stories whereby one completes their degree and applies to SIA and fails the interview. Then from there they go on to pursue their own CPL or ATPL. Seems like it puts you in the industry really late on though.

Macarto
22nd Dec 2012, 14:28
Hi FlyingMonkey,

Just to clarify, would acquiring a CASA or NZ Licence provide a Singaporean with the right to work in say Oz or Nz? I'm not too sure of that, it depends on supply and demand and from the way I see it, there are many Australians pilots who are in search for jobs in their homeland and a Singaporean acquiring any other licence then a CAAS licence would not be constructive or handy in their flight career.

If you do have friends whom have succeeded via this route and have a career with a foreign carrier other than Singapore or Indonesia, do enlighten me.

Many thanks.

flying.monkeyz
23rd Dec 2012, 01:35
I do have a friend who had a CASA CPL and went on to be a flight instructor with STAA. He's now flying with SilkAir. STAA is OK with Singaporean instructing in Australia. Afterall, it's a Singaporean company.

I've also heard of others who had CASA / NZ CPLs ending up with some flying jobs in Africa, clocking up hours and now flying with airlines in Indonesia.

Droste
23rd Dec 2012, 01:46
I do have a friend who had a CASA CPL and went on to be a flight instructor with STAA. He's now flying with SilkAir. STAA is OK with Singaporean instructing in Australia. Afterall, it's a Singaporean company.

If he is a Singaporean, holding CASA CPL and went on to be a flight instructor with STAA. - That's amazing! Then, Capt Singh must be squeezing his balls.

If he is a Singaporean with Australian PR, holding CASA CPL and went on to be a flight instructor with STAA. - Nothing amazing.

If he is an Australian with Singapore PR, holding CASA CPL and went on to be a flight instructor with STAA. - Nothing amazing.

Just to clarify, would acquiring a CASA or NZ Licence provide a Singaporean with the right to work in say Oz or Nz?
No Such thing.

The India Indians will definitely be there first fighting this rice bowl.

flying.monkeyz
23rd Dec 2012, 01:59
Yes he's a Singaporean.

Recently during a talk by STAA they were looking for interested applicant for flight instructors. Everyone knows their flight instructing is to be done in Australia. I'm sure they had some arrangements with Australian Immigration for Singaporeans to instruct in Ballarat.

Stallone
23rd Dec 2012, 03:12
yep, STAA do employ singaporean instructors to teach in ballarat

Droste
23rd Dec 2012, 11:29
yep, STAA do employ singaporean instructors to teach in ballarat
Yes he's a Singaporean.
Wow... that's amazing! Unbelieveable employing foreigners (Singaporeans) to teach in Australia.

Even Singapore Flying College can't do it.

Recently during a talk by STAA they were looking for interested applicant for flight instructors. Everyone knows their flight instructing is to be done in Australia.
If that's case, likely to be reserved for STAA graduates.

I'm sure they had some arrangements with Australian Immigration for Singaporeans to instruct in Ballarat.
Yes, I believe.

Probably, it is some sort of agreement newly implemented.

flying.monkeyz
23rd Dec 2012, 14:35
Singapore Flying College has arrangements to have their trainee Flight Instructors from Singapore instruct in Jandakot for a short while before returning to Singapore.

Droste
24th Dec 2012, 02:05
Singapore Flying College has arrangements to have their trainee Flight Instructors from Singapore instruct in Jandakot for a short while before returning to Singapore.
I knew who are they.

In fact, I have their individual facebook and pictures of all.

samca
24th Dec 2012, 09:29
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is any posibility for a guy with A320 type, jet experience in other airplanes plus 1.500, and 2.500 TT?, Should I send them my aplication?

Thank you and Happy Cristmas:ok:

rotatejunkie
24th Dec 2012, 18:42
Samca... Ermm...
Why dont u send in and see if u get a response?
The soothsayers and clairvoyants of these threads possibly cant forsee the future.. :cool:

samca
1st Jan 2013, 17:51
rotatejunkie, Thank you but I do not pretend nobody tells me about the future. Just I would like to know if there is any friend who has been called with a similar experience. Anyway of course I´m going to send my aplication.

Let see what happen...

cheers

bobmarley
7th Jan 2013, 04:31
samca, you stand a better chance than most people applying to tiger with said experience..having said that, HR has about 200 applicants on their list so it'll prob take you awhile to get a response, so the sooner you apply the better...I understand the current state of affairs in europe and wish you all the best in your application..

dflyer
7th Jan 2013, 22:30
And in Singapore, ST Aerospace’s commercial pilot training business, ST Aerospace Academy (STAA) was recently boosted with a US$1.44 million capital injection from its parent in order to fund its expansion. The funding has been used for a new recently commissioned flight operations centre (FOC) at STAA’s Australian training school in Ballarat, Victoria, featuring a state-of-the-art centralised flight operations and dispatch centre. The new FOC has an aircraft apron that can accommodate up to 40 training aircraft, compared with 20 previously. The funding has also been used for a new Piper PA44 Seminole full flight simulator. The academy’s Ballarat facility had already added a new administrative facility and new classrooms. Meanwhile, at the academy’s Singapore base at Seletar Aerospace Park in the first quarter of 2013 a new six-bay simulator building will be ready for use, with two new Airbus A320 training devices including a flight simulator. The facility includes classrooms, briefing rooms, instructor rooms and offices.
STAA’s training fleet is also increasing, says president Peh Teng Keng. It currently operates single-engine Cessna 172 Skyhawks for basic training, Piper Arrow 28Rs for advanced training, Beech King Air C90s for high-performance multi-engine training and Piper Seminole PA44s for multi-engine and instrument rating training. In 2013, it will take delivery of a further six Cessna 172s plus two more PA44s.
The expansion of facilities and equipment is all designed to allow STAA to grow by 50 graduates each year. The school had 150 students in 2012, will have 200 in 2013 and plans to grow to 500 pilots by 2015, says Peh.
This growth will come from expanding its multi-crew pilot licence (MPL) operations. STAA pioneered MPL in Singapore in late 2009 when it launched its MPL programme. In September 2011, the first six cadet pilots for Tiger Airways graduated from STAA’s MPL course following six months of ground school and 13 months of flying training in Singapore and Ballarat. Following the MPL course, the cadets went straight into jobs as first officers for Tiger on the airline’s A320s.
Peh says STAA’s current split in business is 80 per cent CPL to 30 per cent MPL, but the target for 2014 is to have a 50:50 split.
Tiger followed up its initial MPL training programme with STAA with a five-year training contract which started in the second quarter of 2012, which involves more than 100 pilots. STAA is conducting ab initio and advanced pilot training programmes for Tiger, using both MPL and CPL syllabi followed by specific training on the A320 and subsequent employment as A320 first officers.
STAA, and Tiger, are very happy with the MPL programme, says Peh, adding: “It is producing the first officers they [Tiger] are looking for.” Peh concedes the growth of MPL has been slower than STAA originally envisaged with airlines being cautious – “we can understand why, it’s quite a drastic change,” he says. But MPL is now past the developmental stage, with 600 MPL pilots produced globally and a further 2,000 undergoing training.
Peh says STAA is confident that it can start commercialising MPL in a big way now and is looking at new opportunities in China and the Middle East, for example. STAA’s current student capacity is 250 so it will look at a new base in 2014, depending on a future MPL partner. (Asian aviation)

yannisoar
8th Apr 2013, 07:42
Any updates on the next Interview? Seems like they advertise the cadet scheme online but didn't write a date when it is commencing or are they still interviewing cadets who went through the CPL/IR route?

N5748E
9th Apr 2013, 09:43
Anyone done the CAAS 010 airlaw exam at SAA, any advise on what the topics are? LO says its more JAA/EASA, but I've got a feeling it's more locally orientated.

Droste
9th Apr 2013, 13:44
Anyone done the CAAS 010 airlaw exam at SAA, any advise on what the topics are? LO says its more JAA/EASA, but I've got a feeling it's more locally orientated.
Easy. You don't really have to study. Common questions.

It is not like Malaysia Air Law papers, which you will be tested the height of Mt KK and etc.

Droste
9th Apr 2013, 13:50
Yes he's a Singaporean.
Recently during a talk by STAA they were looking for interested applicant for flight instructors.
I happened to met STAA top guy and I have clarified with STAA months ago.

Only Singaporeans with Aussie PR are allowed to work for STAA. Those graduated with STAA (even with CASA Grade 3) but with no Aussie PR, they must leave Australia immediately.

I'm sure they had some arrangements with Australian Immigration for Singaporeans to instruct in Ballarat.
I have clarified with them. No such thing.

yannisoar
10th Apr 2013, 00:39
Droste - Any news about the Tiger Scheme reopening?

rotatejunkie
3rd May 2013, 08:55
Droste
Care to back up your claims? Or just hearsay?
2 mates of mine are instructing there as we speak, Sporeans with CASA fATPLs and nil PR status.

airplanedriver
4th May 2013, 04:36
Just want to ask if anyone knows the current recruitment of DEC's? I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone at recruiting, would anyone of u know someone whom i could mail with my Resume directly? Thanks in advance

TehHalia
18th Oct 2013, 03:59
I have an interview with SFC next week. I need all the advise I can get!!!

Any idea what is next after this interviews?

Thanks Guys!!

dagger19
18th Oct 2013, 16:57
its a CPL course that was posted on strait times last sat.

Stallone
18th Oct 2013, 18:09
this is probably the first time SFC opens itself to train other airline cadets

guess u're gonna find it hard to get any advice

N5748E
18th Oct 2013, 22:43
Looks like another FTO has jumped onto the MPL bandwagon. SFC has been A very reputable FTO but that's been in their CPL/IR training. Let's see how the MPL comes along.

Stallone
19th Oct 2013, 02:51
SFC is not conducting MPL for the Tigerair cadets.

the person asking for advice obviously have no idea what he's talking about.

gd.luck to him

N5748E
19th Oct 2013, 06:40
Don't bother trying, it's a scam. Try another career...

A319rider
10th Apr 2014, 03:49
Hi everyone,

It seems this thread has gone awfully quiet lately.
Is tiger not recruiting right now? I'm quite interested in applying, but I would like to know how is the mood in the company at this moment. If anyone working there could share their inside, it would be much appreciated.
I'm looking at DEC position.
I have a good idea of the remuneration they offer but I would like to know if the roster is a fix 5/4-4/2 and how many vacation days you get a year. Also if someone can share how is the flying (night flights, long/short sectors, fuel policy, etc).
Thank you all in advance.

Pravin1
10th Apr 2014, 07:47
DEC as in Direct Entry Captain? Or Direct Entry Cadet? The cadet intake might be slowed down for the timebeing I guess; in light of the recent news regarding Changi's congestion issues and their aim to limit aircraft orders. If you're talking about entering as a captain, I think you should face no issues.

A319rider
10th Apr 2014, 08:15
I mean as captain.
Are you working there? Can you explain how is the working enviroment in general? Cheer.

smiling monkey
10th Apr 2014, 11:06
Direct entry cadet? LOL! hahaha ...

A319rider
11th Apr 2014, 10:40
Nobody working there cares to share?

Prusaesl
11th Apr 2014, 15:08
my friends flying inside told me they fly 5/2,5/4,5/5 and repeat the cycle sth like tt. Total number of off days I cant quite answer that. Cadet entry is closed atm, was successful in screening but they postponed the intake probably to eoy or next year.

Stallone
12th Apr 2014, 12:15
probably stopped all hiring due to the cancelled orders from airbus

no new birds till 2018

A319rider
13th Apr 2014, 10:37
Sad to see they stopped getting new planes.
How is it looking for experienced captains? Are they still recruiting or nobody is leaving the company at the moment?

Stallone
13th Apr 2014, 16:20
you can send in your application, but don't pin your hopes too high

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/tigerair-roar-again-tiger-ceo-224843072.html

flightattend
12th Nov 2014, 22:55
Hey, does anyone know if you get paid while doing full time ground school in melbourne?

Thanks!:O

N5748E
14th Nov 2014, 12:46
Yes in fact you do, but it's under a very special scheme where you have to work at one of the various establishments provided in the Moorabbin area such as DFO, Southland, Bunnings warehouse, or the best job of all, the fry cook at Wing's cafe.

smiling monkey
23rd Nov 2014, 06:04
Is Tigerair Singapore really recruiting at the moment, as per what's written on their website (http://www.tigerair.com/sg/en/pilotrecruit.php)? Or they just haven't been bothered to update their website?

The Tigerair Manadala website (http://www.tigerair.com/id/en/pilotrecruit.php) still show that they're recruiting pilots despite closing shop 6 months ago! :rolleyes:

N5748E
23rd Nov 2014, 06:23
Nope total hiring freeze till 2017, quietly hiring through their MPL program, and a huge amount of low hour local pilots in their waiting pool.