PDA

View Full Version : IAA PPL Exams

Cessna 172S Skyhawk
12th Jan 2011, 19:37
Right so there are 4 exams to do

2 x 2 hour exams
1 x 1.5 hour exam
1 x 30 min exam

So obviously this is a total of 6 hours.

My question is, do you sit all exams on the same day, or can you do all the exams in the same day?

Are they difficult once you have completed the ground school course and some weeks of study.

The reason I ask is normally after a 3 hour exam I would be quite exhausted. Is it possible to do them all and not be absolutely exhausted going into your last exam????

Would appreciate only irish ppl graduate responses from your experience.

dublinpilot
13th Jan 2011, 12:09
It's a good few years since I did it, but I seem to remember (perhaps incorrectly) that they are done over two days. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

They aren't that difficult, but you do need to study for them. There is lots said here on other posts about how to study for them, and test such as the "Confuser" which are helpful to ensure that you do know your stuff.

dp

Cessna 172S Skyhawk
13th Jan 2011, 20:43
Just found out, on your first attempt, you have to sit them all and they are all on the same day, 09:30 - 17:15.

Apart from the PPL Confuser and PPL Q&A, is there anywhere that has IAA PPL sample papers?

dublinpilot
13th Jan 2011, 21:06
Nope...you can not get sample Irish papers. I seem to remember that that IAA give sample questions, but it was in the order of 2 questions per subject!