PDA

View Full Version : PPL Logbook???

tobster911
12th Jan 2011, 16:50
Hello, Just wondering. Can i count flying hours that i do with the Air Cadets towards my PPL? and, also, I have been flying a few times before but have only just recieved my Log Book, can i count these hours in my book?

Thank you

A819
12th Jan 2011, 17:51
depends what you flew and in what capacity, and also what licence you are going for. I am an instructor on the Vigilant motor glider, and I got my licence the other year with an initial issue with a TMG class rating all I needed to do was the x-country solo, ground exams and skills test. I was able to count all my hours towards the 45 (although I had nearlt 500hrs). I then added the SEP class rating by difference training and skill test. Have a look in LASORS its all in there.

However unless you have done some productive flying then I doubt it will make any difference to the hours you need to get a licence.

Oh and you can log your flying if its with an instructor.

LAI
13th Jan 2011, 07:13
As has already been said, it depends what flying you have been doing.

If it is just AEF flying in the Tutor then generally you can't count it.

According to the CAA you can count 10% of time as captain in the Vigilant towards an SEP ("light aircraft") PPL, up to a maximum of 10 hours. Unfortunately, unless you are an instructor on the Vig this (or going down the motor glider PPL route) probably won't be much use to you.

You won't be able to count any Viking time towards a powered PPL.

As A819 says, it's all in LASORS: LASORS: LASORS 2010 | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/lasors)

Have you been on the Air Cadet Pilot Scheme? If not, apply as soon as you can. If you get on the light aircraft course, you will get 12 hours at a civilian flying school, all of which counts towards your PPL training!

Hope that helps

p.s. A819...where are you from then? I don't have a copy of the old callsign allocations to look you up!