PDA

View Full Version : Microlight over Saltash

4eyed spotter
10th Jan 2011, 13:44
Hi everyone. Ive noticed over the past 6 months a dark blue3 axis microlight and my questions are as follows

1. Does anyone know what kind it is?. I believe that it uses a private strip near Cargreen.
2. How much does it cost to run p.a.
3. How much does a licence cost and where would the nearsest airfield to saltash be where I could obtain it?.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
4es:8

rans6andrew
10th Jan 2011, 18:07
it depends.....

on so many things.

my 3 axis microlight running costs are approx £1k pa for hangarage (outdoor tie down in the south east) plus £200 pa for insurance (3rd party risks plus fire and theft from the trailer) and plus £1k pa fuel/oil/gaskets sets. I do all of my own servicing. Repair costs have been negligible except for buying a new set of fabric covers (£1300 pounds at the time) once in the 8 years I have owned my Rans. This covers me for 50 to 60 hours pa. The annual permit inspection and paperwork costs are about £200. Depreciation is low as long as the aircraft is kept in good order. Obviously the fuel/oil and service parts costs are related to the number of hours flown in the year. The insurance is related to the aircraft value and whether hull insurance is taken.

Works for me.

Rans6....

kernowbird
10th Jan 2011, 20:40
one of a couple locally based
Tim