PDA

View Full Version : MD-11 tutorial ? -- gets deleted all the time

teropa
20th Jan 2002, 19:32
Could someone please explain to me WHY my simple question abt. MD-11 information gets deleted all the freakin time?!

I posted the message again today, as I thought that the moderator had made a mistake in deleting it. But now it's deleted once again.

WHAT exactly is not allowed here that my question contains?! This is ridiculous...

Tero

Capt PPRuNe
20th Jan 2002, 19:48
I don't know which moderator removed the threads you posted but having reviewed the posts you made it is quite obvious that you are a 'PC Flight Sim' pilot and not a real pilot and you are using valuable bandwidth and posting your questions in mainstream forums.

PPRuNe is NOT a flight sim, spotters or enthusiasts website. Whilst we do accomodate questions about our business I will not have the site overrun by people making posts not directly to do with our business.

teropa
20th Jan 2002, 19:55
Hi mr. chief pilot!

So basically it's out of the question to ask QUESTIONS in a QUESTIONS-named forum abt. a level-d flight simulator that PROFESSIONAL pilots use?

But then it's perfectly alright to bash about one's sexual tendencies etc. etc. ??

Sir, I don't understand exactly the logic here, but if I'm indeed eating bandwidth, then I'm very sorry for my wrongdoings.

regards,
Tero

Capt PPRuNe
21st Jan 2002, 11:32
Tero, before you took that tone perhaps you should have looked back in the Tech Log forum where your original post had been returned. Now you have shown yourself to be a bit too 'up tight' in your response to my statement. If you think that I or the other moderators have the time to deal with your 'problem' exclusively and immediately then you had better take a reality check.

Next time you post a question, try keeping it to one specific forum and not any that tickle your fancy. Also, I would suggest you find out how to edit and/or delete your posts by reading the FAQ's so that you can avoid being seen as in dire need of a portion of humble pie! Bit late though if I leave this post here.

teropa
23rd Jan 2002, 11:56
Hello mr. Danny Fyne.

I must say that I am VERY surprised by your actions at pprunes. In a negative way though.

Let me tell you something.

If I post a DECENT question to a forum with absolutely nothing offensive in my mind (forgive my english, I'm a finn), I do not expect to end up given a "a pretend pilot with an attitude" -frase next to my name. In my opinion this is extremely childish of you.

Something of my background. I've had aviation as my hobby for over 13 years now. I am 23 years old, and flew my first "solo" from the right seat of a PA-28 when I was 15. I also own RC-planes and am also very interested in flight simulator techonology in general.

This is what happened: I posted a message -> you deleted it -> I complained about it -> you replied with, I quote: "I will not have the site overrun by people making posts not directly to do with our business." -> I replied with "a tone" -> meanwhile you returned my post to the tech log, so you could... --> start complaining about my TONE since I hadn't checked that my post had been returned, WHILE just in a message before you told me that my posts would not be 'tolerated'.

I'm very sorry that you have taken such an offensive method of operation here, since I had absolutely no plans to offend or insult anyone at the forums, simply ASK something and then see if I can get the information I need.

Just yesterday I went to the Finnair Flight Training Center to visit the people there on behalf of the local aviation club I'm a member of. The visit was a success, MD-11 is a nice jet to fly, indeed. I'll soon visit the place again for a session in the DC9... so I was told there.

I also plan to file an application for Finnair after I get my M.Sc of electrical engineering from the University of Oulu here in Finland.

If you have an urge to see me as a "flight sim brat who only disturbs our fine professional community", go ahead, but please do it silently, since some people might find your actions a bit funny, as I did.

regards,. .Tero

Pelican
23rd Jan 2002, 16:57
Tero, even though I understand the Chief Pilot's attitude towards wanting to keep this a professional forum, I must say that he seems a bit out of line and very patronizing in this case (in my humble opinion). We all have bad days though.

Good luck with your flying!

[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: Pelican ]</p>

glider insider
23rd Jan 2002, 17:05
Tero... i would love to have something written by my name, but i cant afford it.... feel lucky that you werent charged for it!!!!

anyway, its the Capt's train set, and hence he can do what he likes...

but oh well, back off to dream land..

have a great day... .GI

bugg smasher
23rd Jan 2002, 17:31
Tero, I've been flying the MD-11 for many years, post me a private message and I'll try to answer it as best I can.

Rgds

Jetdriver
23rd Jan 2002, 17:56
Tero,

Hand up ! I am guilty of moving your thread.

Let me explain....

Last week I was overseas and was using a remote computer to edit various forums including this one. As usual the primary topics were quickly skimmed to check that everything was working as normal. A couple of threads were moved to more appropriate forums, a couple of threads were edited for content but all in all nothing unusual. Your subject didn't cause me any particular concern other than it had been placed in multiple forums which simply wastes bandwidth.

Upon checking our administrators forum I noted that another moderator had raised a valid point concerning your thread (in another forum) and had transferred it to "Admin". The thread would have been checked and either returned to the appropriate forum (as indeed I believe it was), or not as the case may be.

Noting the concern raised I then transferred your posting in "questions" to the "Admin" forum. If I had been at home I would probably have e-mailed you (if possible) to clarify the action, however the constraints of time and location meant that did not happen.... sorry !

As you will appreciate the Admins and moderators are all Airline Pilots, Engineers, Air Traffic Control Officers and other professionals within the aerospace industry. They all have heavy commitments and spend a lot of their own resource ( time and money) to help keep the show on the road. It is regrettable though inevitable that on occaisions admin actions may well be done without a full explanation and as a result it may well be frustrating to the complainant.

I am afraid these things do happen from time to time. Whilst it is an irritation for you to have one subject moved ( or removed), it is a mammoth task to check the hundreds of daily posts and inevitably these things will happen.

teropa
23rd Jan 2002, 21:06
Hey Jetdriver!

No harm done here. I wish I'd gotten this kind of reply/clarification in the first place. I fully understand everything you wrote, and am convinced that decent actions/good manners regarding for example forum moderating (like yours here) are wise choices because basically it's hard to stay cool when it comes to unfair situations.

Keep up the good work Jetdriver!

Tero

p.s. MD-11 driver: I'm not anymore in an urgent need of information, but will definitely email you in the future, if something comes up (if you allow of course)

bugg smasher
25th Jan 2002, 04:40
Hey Tero,

No problem, call me anytime, I'll be happy to tell you what I know, the rest I'll just make up.

I've had, by the way, the opportunity to be in the cockpit with some of your fellow countrymen, all superb drivers and top men. (Awesome talent in beer-handling skills as well!)

Cheers. .bugg