PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Recruiting

Rui Dias
7th Jan 2011, 15:25
Pilot Careers - Careers in the Air - easyJet Careers (http://www.easyjetcareers.com/careers-in-the-air/pilot-careers/)

EK4457
7th Jan 2011, 18:39
Just before the wannabes get too excited:

New Users

To be eligible for a pilot role with easyJet you must comply with one of the following:

• you are rated the Airbus A320 family with minimum 300hrs on type in the last 24 months

• you have more than 500 hours on a medium/heavy jet of more than 20 tons MTOW

and the list of requirements goes on.....

Good luck to all who qualify.

SW1
7th Jan 2011, 18:50
EK,

It does say you must comply with ONE of the following. At the bottom it says that with A CPL/ME IR (Frozen ATPL) you can still aply. The hardest part so far is that I tried to register and it says my details already exist. I then asked for a assword reminder to no avail:ugh:

EK4457
7th Jan 2011, 19:00
SW1;

I then asked for a assword reminder to no avail

Perhaps they're not that way inclined! :eek:

You're right - I did notice that but I think it might be a typo. It's really strange that they reel off a very specific list of stringent requirements and then at the bottom effectively say it's open to everybody.

But, as always, an application never hurts.....

SW1
7th Jan 2011, 19:02
Sorry, Ive been having trouble with my p button!!!!:uhoh: Yes your right about the FATPL think. Nevermind,lets hope TCX, Lingus and all the rest get back to us soon.

On another note ,depending on how many people they are looking for, with those kind of requirements- it should allow a lot of the turboprop guys and girls and low houred jet bods to move on creating jobs left by their departure:ok:

max_continuous
7th Jan 2011, 19:34
It also says that it is for bases in Switzerland...which may present right to live and work issues.

Does strike me as odd that they would recruit outside of the "exclusive" OAA "and the shirt off you back please" deal.

R T Jones
7th Jan 2011, 20:01
I think the recruitment is for easy swiss and not easyJet per say.

Cloud Chaser
7th Jan 2011, 22:50
The site says you must comply with "one" of the following requirements, but one of the first questions is "do you have 300 hours on the bus?".
If you answer no, you get booted off, before getting the chance to say you have 500+ multi crew, time on other types etc.
:ugh:

Firegoofy
8th Jan 2011, 06:35
I think there is a bug at this Form. When you have an A320 Rating you get the Prop Question ;-) And as an European citizen they ask you for a Visa.

Does anyone else had this problems?

punk666
8th Jan 2011, 07:39
It asks if you hold an EU passport...but the Swiss are not part of the EU so how can you be eligible for a visa with out sponsporship?

On top of that if you dont hold a scarebus rating you get the boot regardless of "meeting one of the following...".:ugh:

Mike Lima
8th Jan 2011, 10:24
I also have the problem to complete the 5 years job history part and so I canīt send my application. :ugh:

SolentFlyer
8th Jan 2011, 11:27
I'm too having problems... I am eligible to apply, I have well in excess of 500 hours multi-crew turboprop experience, but when I answer NO to the question asking if I have A320 experience it boots me out as well... Annoying!

Anyone had any better luck (unless A320 rated of course!)?

Ethiopia
8th Jan 2011, 15:30
Same here.

UK or Swiss JAA License? NO
A320 tr and hrs on type? NO

Then I get kicked out, although I meet the other requirements, since I have 2500 hrs on heavy turboprop.

Any ideas??

deltacr
8th Jan 2011, 17:18
same problem with the 5 year history page: unable to apply!

OLMETI
9th Jan 2011, 18:06
Same Problem With The 5 Year Experience,anyone Found The Solution?

alkor
9th Jan 2011, 18:19
the solutions is to answer all YES.

cheers

OLMETI
9th Jan 2011, 18:27
I have already answered yes to all,but its nothing to do with this.
the proble is that when you fill out the section of the 5 year stoy and then press back to menu,instead of geting it completed,it remains uncompleted,so at the end you cannot submit the whole thing.I have sent them an email,so hope they answer soon.

BigNumber
9th Jan 2011, 19:14
What a shambles!!!

I wonder if the same 'laughable' standards would be tollerated by EZY as their hopeful candidates are microscopically examined in this process.

I would be fine with this 'technical blush' if EZY's recruitment was a pleasant and dignified chat as opposed to the 'resit' of the ATPL's that it will doubtless be.

Perhaps someone might have Beta checked the application process prior to going live??

punk666
12th Jan 2011, 04:35
I took it upon myself to email recruitment about this and their reply was you HAVE to have the rating and 300 hours on type!!

I mentioned that the advert said we only have to meet atleast one of the following and the nice lady said yes that is true but a A320 and 300 hours is a must.

:ugh:

Strangeday
12th Jan 2011, 07:50
Punk666, would you mind giving me the email address of recruitment. Iīve been trying with [email protected] and I still donīt have any answer. Iīm experience some problems with the request of a new password, since I am already registered. Regards

Strangeday
12th Jan 2011, 07:54
As I see itīs not possible to write the address in the forum, anyway I sent it to flightcrew.recruitment at easyjet.c o m.

McNulty
12th Jan 2011, 11:45
"Dear McNulty,

Thank you for your email.

We write to inform you of an error which you may have experienced using
the Swiss direct entry pilot application form.

Please note that to apply for the role of First Officer for our Swiss
base, it is a requirement to be type rated on the Airbus A320 and
possess a minimum of 300 flying hours on type in the last 24 months.
If you are unable to meet this criteria then unfortunately, you do not
meet the minimum requirement for the role and therefore you do not need
to contact us again unless your situation changes and you are able to
meet this criteria in the future."

the error was in the list of criteria they posted on their site originally, anyway its pretty conclusive you need to be a320 rated now to be considered.

Strangeday
13th Jan 2011, 13:05
McNulty, can you give the Easyjet email address where you ask for your inquires? I am experiencing some problems I would like to solve.

Cheers!

Luke SkyToddler
13th Jan 2011, 13:39
It's all hypothetical anyway because you need to be Swiss citizen or have the right to live and work in Switzerland. Otherwise, there would be an internal transfer list a mile long, of FO's already working for the company in awesome places like Luton and Glasgow :hmm:

Rui Dias
7th Apr 2011, 08:23
EU17 and EFTA citizens can live and work in Switzerland without authorization for a period no longer than 3 months. If you want to work for more than 3 months you must get a residence permit and for that you need a contract.