PDA

View Full Version : Under Suspicion 5th Jan - what airfield?

vancouv
7th Jan 2011, 14:06
Does anyone know what airfield featured in the exciting climax of Under Suspicion on 5th Jan?

I must say I was horrified to see people chasing a plane down the runway without hi-viz jackets :ok:

Hamish 123
7th Jan 2011, 14:43
It was White Waltham. Don't be fooled by what a clever bit of editing can achieve.

pulse1
7th Jan 2011, 15:46
Don't be fooled by what a clever bit of editing can achieve.

According to G INFO the registration G ODOT belongs to an R22 helicopter, not a PA28. That's some editing.

According to the log, our aircraft was extensively repaired at the expense of the Met. Police when one of their cars crashed into it during a similar real chase on an airfield, Biggin Hill I think.

Whopity
7th Jan 2011, 16:53
I must say I was horrified to see people chasing a plane down the runway without hi-viz jacketsFortunately this is an airfield where common sense prevails and they have not adopted this sort of nonsense.

gpn01
7th Jan 2011, 21:52
Fortunately this is an airfield where common sense prevails and they have not adopted this sort of nonsense.

Chasing aeroplanes down runways, whether you're wearing hi-vis or not, doesn't strike me as common sense :-)

eharding
7th Jan 2011, 22:46
Chasing aeroplanes down runways, whether you're wearing hi-vis or not, doesn't strike me as common sense :-)

I've chased plenty of aeroplanes down the runways at White Waltham, but I've always taken the precaution to doing so whilst sitting in another aeroplane.....and none of your dayglo-yellow brain-damage either.....

blueandwhite
7th Jan 2011, 23:56

Its a lot safer than being chased down the runway by an aeroplane -Hi-vis or not

;);):p

UAV689
9th Jan 2011, 17:57
Actual aircraft used was g-onet, part of Hatfield flying club.

Whopity
9th Jan 2011, 18:07
Chasing aeroplanes down runways, whether you're wearing hi-vis or not, doesn't strike me as common sense :Not much in films ever is, its all an illusion!

DX Wombat
9th Jan 2011, 18:22
Chasing aeroplanes down runways, whether you're wearing hi-vis or not, doesn't strike me as common sense :-)Why? Not even Ussain Bolt is likely to catch up with it and I wasn't aware that there was a Cessna Push-Me-Pull-You* at WW so where's the problem?
*Sorry I can't remember its official name.

Blues&twos
9th Jan 2011, 22:00
So, was it taking off from "runway 3" as the detective said while he was in the car, or as I suspected, 25?

Sadly, I too looked up G-ODOT on G-INFO....not sure why!