PDA

View Full Version : 2 seat Spitfires

ad astra
3rd Feb 2001, 11:48
Does anyone know if there are any two seat Spitfire owners that might offer flights? (for a fee obviously). I seem to remember a company in Kissimmee, Florida that had one available.

Delta Wun-Wun
3rd Feb 2001, 17:53
There is one based out towards North Walesish.Not sure exactly where.Only know this as it did a little impromptue flypast whilst I was chatting to one of our FISO at the Tower.He stated it flew through our airspace quite regularly.I see if I can get some more info.

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

Ian_Wannabe
3rd Feb 2001, 18:03
Hello everyone,
Delta, where abouts ar you from?? I'm asking because you know of the Spitfire nr. Holywell in North Wales (PT462).
I've been too see this Spitfire many times and the man who owns it, Anthony Hodginson is a very nice man.
In reply to the first question, I'm not sure if he takes pleaseure flights, but I'm sure if your found his number and explained what you're looking for he'd consider it.
I very nearly got to have a flight in it, but at the time i wasn't over 16 which is the legal age in warbirds :-(
Good luck to you!

Man-on-the-fence
5th Feb 2001, 01:54
Ad Astra
The Kissimmee outfit flies TF-51 Mustangs and they do sell Pleasure flights. See the following URL www.stallion51.com (http://www.stallion51.com)

You might try Caroline Grace at Duxford for a two seater Spitfire in the UK. I am afraid that I dont know what her policy / rating is for taking passengers.

Good luck

(Guess what? I can't spell)

[This message has been edited by Man-on-the-fence (edited 04 February 2001).]

ad astra
5th Feb 2001, 07:17
Thanks for the information guys.
I actually saw the Mustangs in Florida some years ago - I was paddling a canoe through a swamp at the time when one of them roared past overhead - fantastic! I thought these people were the ones with the Spitfire, so I must have been mistaken.
I don't suppose anyone has any contact addresses or phone numbers for the other possibilities mentioned?
Thanks again.