PDA

View Full Version : A320 takeoff and landing

Try Hard 4.0
30th Dec 2010, 16:14
Hi guys... any idea where can you the take ofss and landings on the actual a320??
how much does it costs?? i just finished my a320 simulator training and really need to get the actual one.... thank you

DesiPilot
30th Dec 2010, 16:38
Why do you need an actual 320 for take off and landing? No one will give you an actual plane and I don't think you want to spend that kinda $$ if you can find some company willing to give you one!!

PT6A
30th Dec 2010, 16:45
Lots of places willing to take your cash.....

PT6A

arba
30th Dec 2010, 17:23
did you mean base_training ?
was the sim cat. D ?

CaptainProp
30th Dec 2010, 19:06
From UK LASORS:

"With the exception of courses approved for Zero Flight
Time Training, certain training exercises normally
involving take-off and landing in various configurations
will need to be completed in the aeroplane rather than an
approved Flight Simulator."

And the JAR ref:

JAR-FCL 1 AMC1.261(c)(2) para 11

In other words, its not about the simulator being approved for ZFTT, its about the TRTO and the specific course being approved. On top of this I think there's a requirement to do take offs and landings in actual aircraft within x days after completing ZFTT so unless you have a job lined up it might not be a good idea to complete a type rating without doing landings in the actual aircraft.

I think this is how it works, if wrong I am sure someone will correct me. :ok:

CP

CaptainProp
30th Dec 2010, 19:09
Having said that I just realized that I was answering a post on the South East Asia forum and then all I said could very well be rubbish!! :E

malaysiacadet
31st Dec 2010, 05:12
For The Very First Jet TypeRating, take off and landings have to be done on an Actual Aircraft before they can be endorsed.

For Subsequent jet rating, training in an Approved ZFTT Simulator with an approved syllabus is sufficient for a rating to be endorsed.

The Above applies to Malaysia.