PDA

View Full Version : UK NPPL

MR.X99
26th Dec 2010, 13:27
Excellent idea for recreational flying. Relaxed medical requirements for Weekend flyers 5 star idea for GA. Have not seen the Canadians or Americans utilize the license for their GA industry. We can now fly into France for great cuisine if one tires of fish and chips.Innovation in Action:ok:

patowalker
26th Dec 2010, 15:08
But you need a ICAO Class 2 medical to sample that great cuisine :)

rans6andrew
26th Dec 2010, 18:21
not in a microlight, you don't. We have been popping over with minimal preparation, for ever.

Rans6....

Lister Noble
26th Dec 2010, 20:32
doesn't that that make the whole Euro aviation regulation system to be absolute rubbish?

patowalker
26th Dec 2010, 20:56
not in a microlight, you don't. We have been popping over with minimal preparation, for ever.Been there, done that, and in a 601 too.

The man mentioned France, the only country that will accept an NPPL SSEA, so I assumed that was what he was referring to.

Wibblemonster
26th Dec 2010, 21:38
Does France recognise the IMC rating?

Whopity
26th Dec 2010, 21:54
ANO Schedule 7: The privileges of the rating are confined to the UK!
Instrument meteorological conditions rating (aeroplanes)
(1) Subject to paragraph (2), within the United Kingdom an instrument meteorological conditions rating (aeroplanes) rating entitles—

MR.X99
27th Dec 2010, 03:22
Yes agreed but not a big issue just stay local. A good common sense approach.There seems to be much not agreed upon with medical regulations internationally with the NPPL the wise-men have opted out for the open brain surgery examination.

Besides if I had the money to fly my King Air I can go down to Africa and surely find some righteous doctor to sign me off a valid medical and license.Thats why they call us barn stormers were good at flying through hoops:O

patowalker
27th Dec 2010, 16:25
Just bring your valid state driver's license and get started!

Our standards are, predictably, much higher in the UK, where GPs need to confirm that we meet the PROFESSIONAL drivers licence medical requirements. :)

Jodelman
27th Dec 2010, 21:52
Our standards are, predictably, much higher in the UK, where GPs need to confirm that we meet the PROFESSIONAL drivers licence medical requirements.

No. A medical standard for a car driving licence will do so long as you don't want to carry passengers.

patowalker
27th Dec 2010, 22:41
No such restriction in the US and you need only your licence, not a declaration signed by your GP. I know which I prefer.