PDA

View Full Version : Happy Landings in 2011!

mary meagher
24th Dec 2010, 08:29
Thank you, fellow pilots of PPRuNe for entertaining and enlightening this old woman, who has had to step back a bit, since April no longer flying solo or instructing, alas! (I do talk any friend or acquaintance qualified to act as safety pilot into joining me whenever possible - hey, Robin, how about it?)

So yakking and pontificating as a pruner has been a true pleasure and I feel almost like you lot out there are amigos as well.

Two things you may enjoy. Look up on Youtube "Boeing lands on a car!" for what I think is the funniest video ever....especially the old dear at the end.

And if you can stand another yarn from my years of adventures, there's one on the thread "Remain outside controlled airspace and standby!", post number 50. Stay warm, stay well.

Mary

longer ron
24th Dec 2010, 20:04
Merry Christmas Mary...must try and pop up sometime !
You still at Shenington ?

cheers baz x

Neptunus Rex
24th Dec 2010, 20:39
Hi Mary,

Your tale about Norfolk evoked a ghost from the past.
In 1967 I was flying a Shackleton from Navy Norfolk to an exercise area out in the Atlantic. After take-off, we had to join controlled airspace and fly along the airway to Jacksonville, before going out to sea.

As we were flying along the airway, a USN F4 Phantom joined us and flew close formation on our port side. We took photos, then, after a few minutes he waved goodbye. He then flew underneath us and reappeared about 500 yards on our nose in a climb in full afterburner. This was on an airway! I don't know who he was talking to, but he was not on our airways freq. No worries; the Norfolk hospitality was staggering.

Keep it up,

Best wishes,
Neppie

hatzflyer
24th Dec 2010, 23:21
nice post!
Merry Christmas.
Post just caught my imagination, I don't know you any more than you know me, but in the spirit of Christmas, if you are ever in Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk PM me.
Come fly with me sometime.

Genghis the Engineer
25th Dec 2010, 07:37
I've had a year where the aviation I've attempted has been amongst the most complex of my (or anybody else's) life. Through it all, having Pprune there in the background has been a constant resource and sanity saver.

So, all I can say at the end of it, a very happy christmas to everybody, and may 2011 involve many hours, and no accidents.

G

I Love Flying
26th Dec 2010, 11:50
A little late, but Merry Christmas fellow Ppruners....

Wishing you all blue skies in 2011.