PDA

View Full Version : PPL Ground exmas

airbus wannabe
29th Jan 2001, 01:07
hi ya'll. Again, you know i am doing my PPL in canada, and i need to know what exmas (ground) to do over here and how much they are. Also, any ins and outs of what i should be aware of?
Smooths skies,
Dan :)

Bear Cub
29th Jan 2001, 07:09
Dan - it would be helpful to know which PPL you are aiming to get in order to have any inclination whatsoever as to which exams you should take.

FAA, CAA..or maybe even Canadian.

Narrow the field a bit!!!

Why not ask this question of the flying school that you intend to frequent? Don't they offer you advice?

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!

Squawk 8888
29th Jan 2001, 20:27
You need to get 90% on the PSTAR and pass the Industry Canada radio exam before you solo (both can be taken at the school, then pass the appropriate TC exam for the licence. There is a fee of $110 for the exam and it is taken at a TC office. Click here (http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/general/FLTCREW/study.htm) to download study guides and sample exams.

airbus wannabe
29th Jan 2001, 22:55
Regarding your request about which PPL etc, i am doing the PPL (a), and i belive my exams should be done with a Canadian recognised exam course, as the manager of my flying school in victoria said i should go somewhere which have candaian recognised exams, so this is most likely!
My intentoins are to go there from June 30th, staying with family and all, so i am out there for 5 weeks, as i am doine most exams over here and over there something about the transport canada written test and stuff....
Hope this helps,
Smooth skies,
Dan :)