PDA

View Full Version : Spotty M LTN-SFB

swizzle stick
23rd Aug 2001, 10:34
What is it they're using? Sure I saw a 330 rotate early on Tues AM - guess positioning. Did there not used to be a prob with the 330's turning circle being too big (artificially limited at some point) thus making LTN out of bounds.

Have they sorted it, or did I see a 300 with biggish winglets?!
Cheers

Swizz

SFly
24th Aug 2001, 04:09
Your eyes do not decieve . . . Monarch are now doing a weekly A330 flight to SFB on Tuesday . . . I don't know what they did at that end to allow it, but they haven't flown LTN-SFB for about two years now (I believe).

Monarch now have flights three days a week into SFB, from Manchester, Gatwick and Luton.

SFly

Next Generation PSR
24th Aug 2001, 11:45
Does it operate direct or does it still have to route via say Manchester, Glasgow or Bangor ?

SFly
24th Aug 2001, 23:16
I am pretty sure that it is a direct flight. In fact I'm almost positive. The Luton runway is long enough for sufficient fuel to be taken, and the aircraft certainly has the range.

swizzle stick
25th Aug 2001, 12:22
SFly & NG Purser

I'd be surprised if it wasn't non-stop, as about 3 years ago a MON LGW-SFB A300 went tech, came to LTN then continued direct after a crew change. Now if one of those old rattle-buckets can do, then def the 330 can do it.

Does anyone know if the A330 has had its nosewheel limitations fixed?

Cheers

Swizz

springbok449
25th Aug 2001, 12:38
I have not seen it for while now but at the begining of the summer AIH had a A330 in once a week. I believe it also went to SFB.