PDA

View Full Version : Best training organisations

Ed Thrust IV
23rd Dec 2010, 07:49
I have been looking at the thread on Apps for Mass and Balance etc. I ended up on the eurosafety.us site (no, I do not work for them, UK based) Some of their training downloads look excellent. I wondered- in the opinions of the masses out there who is considered to give the best civilian training for type ratings, instrument ratings etc and why?

helidriver
23rd Dec 2010, 09:04
After reading this thread, I ventured to investigate and what an excellant resource this website / company has provided. This has to be one of the best online rotary websites around. I would be interested hear if there are similar sites elswhere.

Regards,

h

ReverseFlight
23rd Dec 2010, 09:13
I liked their videos on autos and so on although I would add that it's a US type of auto training (long scraps on the runway) whereas the Aussie way is primarily a spot landing on grass (even if it's with a tiny bit of run-on when things don't go as planned). Instructional videos from Sloane Helicopters in the UK teach the same spot-on method as well.

Ed Thrust IV
23rd Dec 2010, 09:19
Request from senior pilot as to why this post? A general enquiry into what we all thought about the standard of training that the industry gets post ab-initio (that has been answered elsewhere) throughout the world. Let's face it this varies from the back of a fag packet briefing to what one would hope was first class training from the manufacturers. (not always the case) Not a newbie looking where to go, I've been flying professionally for30 years.