PDA

View Full Version : Air League Assessment

pilotpj
22nd Aug 2001, 21:46
Can anybody shed any light on the format of teh aptitudes and/or interviews at RAF Cranwell for the Air League PPL scholarships? I would be very grateful as I am going next month.
Thanks a lot
PJ

g-okay
23rd Aug 2001, 00:33
Hey, I did the app test at Cranwell (the full batch) about a month ago, I was applying 4 pilot with the RAF. The first 5 test you will do. The first one is a hand, foot, eye thing, keeping a set of cross hairs on a dot which moves at random round the screen.(take off your shoes when doing this one)THe next one is an aircrat instrument test you are give the AH, T&S, ETC and you have to say what the plane is doing.(find out what the instruments do befor you go to cranwell, it will take a load of your mind on the day) The next is a sort of radar clearance, where priorty tasks come up. The next is a memory test where you are give a set of no's which u will have 5 secs to remember, starts at 5 all the way up to 13(you can work for this one so get on the case) The next is the control of velocity test just useing a joystick to follow a line of dots the more you go over the more points you get. One more thing for the radar one use 2 hands & get to know the number keys ont the right hand side of your key pad.
Also try RAF web site on missions.

all the best G-OKAY :D