PDA

View Full Version : POH Reims/Cessna F172N

Skypilotlatvia
22nd Dec 2010, 12:48
Hello guys.
I have a airplane - cessna F172N, but the flight manual is in german language :\ . Can please anyone help me find a Pilot Operation Handbook to Reims/Cessna F172N?

Best regards,
Nikolay.

ifitaintboeing
22nd Dec 2010, 20:25
Just google C172N POH PDF.

ifitaint...

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Dec 2010, 20:38
http://www.akletnany.cz/en/flying-school/air-fleet/cessna-c172n/?stahuj=38 ?

G

Skypilotlatvia
22nd Dec 2010, 22:19
this POH not this which i need because it is not for Reims cessna. The speeds and performance are another

Big Pistons Forever
23rd Dec 2010, 03:51
The Reims Cessnan is a license built copy of the US Cessna 172. There are no performance or system differences between a US built C172N and a Reims built C 172N. If you need a study reference the provided link will work fine. If you need an actual manual for the aircraft, than you will not find it on the web. You must order a manual from Cessna that is for the specific serial number of the aircraft

JUST-local
29th Dec 2010, 18:02
I have a F172N manual (copy).
But the postage from me in the UK to you in Latvia will be around the same as a new manual from your local Cessna service centre.
They will get you the exact one you want covering the S/N of the aircraft.
A couple of years ago I think the 152 manual was about £25 and no Vat on books! :ok:

BPF - The numbers might be the same but some of the parts are different.

Big Pistons Forever
29th Dec 2010, 20:14
BPF - The numbers might be the same but some of the parts are different.

Interesting......do you have any examples as I have always thought that there are no unique to Reims built aircraft parts for the C172N

There are some configuration differences between US and French built aircraft. For example Reims built aircraft have internal corrosion proofing, while only those US built aircraft that had the factory float kit "B" had the insides of the skins painted with zinc-chromate. Also all US built aircraft were fitted with ELT mounting brackets, which I believe was not the case for Reims built aircraft because ELT,s were not a European requirement.

In any case I believe my statement that there are no performance or systems differences between Reims and US aircraft is still correct, therefore as a study aid the manual for a US built aircraft is IMO OK to use, however in this case the original poster owns the aircraft so he/she should get a proper model and serial number specific manual from Cessna.

JUST-local
29th Dec 2010, 21:19
Yes the zinc chromate primer and the lack of elt fixings seem standard on all the Reims a/c I have seen.

The most recent difference I found was the non-flexible fuel pipes are quite different between the same year and model of C150 and F150.
Why? who knows :=

Genghis the Engineer
31st Dec 2010, 18:31
There are a few subtle engineering and handling differences, in my experience, between original American Cessnas, and Reims Cessnas with the same model numbers.

But, they do use the same flight manuals.

G

Aspiring Pilot Alex
14th May 2012, 17:38
Thanks for the link Genghis. It still works after all of this time. Just what I needed.