PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Iberia Pilots (or anyone else who has some info!)

Popgun
21st Aug 2001, 14:10
I'm looking to thumb a ride (for free :) ) from London to Barcelona and back again. A couple of my colleagues have informed me that most Iberia Captains are willing to take other airline pilots as jumpseaters. Apparently, those in the know say you just need to get to the dispatch office and talk to the Captain when he arrives. So can anyone from Iberia confirm if this is true? If so, where is the dispatch/operations office located at LHR? And also where is it in BCN?

Thanks for any information you may have. Cheers,

PG :) :)

DJXL
23rd Aug 2001, 01:07
Blinding idea mate but the only problem I can see here is that Iberia crew will probably be operating from BCN - LHR - BCN or something like that and therefore won't get off the aircraft at Heathrow. You'd be lucky to spot one wondering around outside the crew room at LHR I reckon. Good luck to ya though.

PS - If you make it could you let me know how you did it because I need to go to Madrid in a couple of weeks time...

[ 22 August 2001: Message edited by: DJXL ]

Popgun
24th Aug 2001, 20:43
Yeah, i'd need to get to the gate...always a nightmare at LHR trying to get past the security nazis even when in uniform with all credentials! I'll let you know how i get on.

Critical Mach#
26th Aug 2001, 01:45
In LHR you need to go to IB checking. Ask them where the IBīs offices are and proceed direct there. Dispatch office is very near checking counters. Once there tell the officer in charge you wish to travel to BCN/MAD as EXTRA CREW. Theyīll issue you a boarding card to get thru security. Sometimes they might get you captīs clearance on the spot. If not, youīll have to talk to him in person.Just go to the gate and wait until boarding starts them ask CA to take you to capt.Bring your Company ID and Licence (this is 100% NO GO if you donīt have it on you). This courtesy is not extended to Cabin Crews in IB,cockpit crews only.

A final word of advise....If you get your ride clearance from dispatch donīt forget to inform CA you are an EXTRA CREW and that you want to say "Hello" to the guys in front. Samething on the way out. Better if you are the last one to board the aircraft. Casual/formal dresscode required.

Sorry for the long explanation but felt it was needed. Works the same way for other outfits in Spain but the method to get to talk to the capt changes from airport to airport.

Have a nice ride.

Regards
CM