PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA to close Regional Offices

sheikhanif
16th Dec 2010, 19:59
UK CAA have told their staff that after a review (the 3rd in about as many years) that they will be closing several of their regional offices in the UK..... justification being cost savings ..... and a new reliance on risk based regulatory oversight!!!!

how will this be good for UK industry? unable to reach a Surveyor/Inspector as he will be on the road somewhere, no local office to deal with, increased time taken to vary or approve things.... and when you do finally see a Surveyor/Inspector he'll be grumpy and harassed after being in the car for hours

this cannot be good for the staff (yes some of them are a pain but some are pretty helpful).... forced relocation, huge distances to travel and overseen by a management that ultimately made this foolhardy decision..... oh dear!

and what if any rebate will i see on my licence fee? my organisational approval fees? i do not pay these vast sums for the CAA to squander them on consultants and multiple reviews of the same thing..... if this last review is correct (which i very much doubt) i want my money back that they wasted on the previous 2....

the CAA Board should be ashamed of themselves.... if they had an agenda to follow at least be open and honest.... don't have multiple reviews which UK industry have to pay for until they get the answer they were looking for and the only one they would accept.....

they would be better served looking at all the chiefs in the belgrano with their fake customer service standards figures, BMW's, failed IT projects, 20% bonuses etc etc....

BillieBob
17th Dec 2010, 09:19
They're also closing all of the Regional Test Centres and moving the few remaining Examiners to the Belgrano. Mind you, under the EASA plan there won't be anything for them to do anyway.

niknak
17th Dec 2010, 21:04
Sheik,

I'd be interested to know exactly which offices you mean. Is ones purely relating to flying?
The only reason I ask is that I am an ATCO and CAA Inspectors for ATC, ATS Engineering and Airfield Operations Inspectorate have three bases - Gatwick, Manchester and in Scotland.

Each office covers a fairly hefty chunk of the UK and it would be almost impossible to do it all cost effectively just from Belgrano HQ.

helicopter-redeye
17th Dec 2010, 21:15
I think they had a branch office at East Mids airport. I remember going there once for something (The CAA that is not the airport) - it was quite small.

Sir George Cayley
17th Dec 2010, 21:51
No word on the Fiji office. :eek:

But Weston supra Mare looks like its future may be in doubt.
So too for East Midlands and either Stansted or Luton

Now I happen to like the Luton office, but I also quite like the Stansted office.........There's only one way to decide.;)

The FTEs won't relocate to Gatwick, there's a cunning plan being hatched.

Biscuits have been axed in meetings showing just how seriously things have got.

Sir George Cayley

'Chuffer' Dandridge
18th Dec 2010, 09:07
Do you work for a tabloid newspaper Sheikhanif? One post etc etc and you're not giving us 'the whole story'...

I heard that some of the Regional offices are to go in an attempt to save money, the usual recession tactic. Rationalising the others and making it 'more efficient'. Absolutely shocking!

Move along, nothing new here:rolleyes:

Whopity
18th Dec 2010, 10:42
and when you do finally see a Surveyor/Inspector he'll be grumpy and harassed after being in the car for hoursNothing new there, at least the management in the 90s showed some vision and allowed inspectors to operate regionally. The current clowns in charge pulled them all back to the Belgrano, because there was no relevant knowledge left at home base!