View Full Version : Jetstar Asia Advanced Cadet Program

Pages : 1 [2]

bolueeleh
24th Feb 2011, 13:01
recently found this article about head of operations Mr Chan choy kee specifically saying that the ACP is for 30 formerly RSAF pilot.

$9m fund to boost aviation workforce (http://www.singaporeairfreight.com/Singlenews.aspx?DirID=64&rec_code=668977)

note the number 30 & 40 being mentioned respectively.

dream747
24th Feb 2011, 15:26
I do think that the 700hrs TT will continue to stand. The only exception is a CAAS CPL/IR & fATPL.

sq906
24th Feb 2011, 15:34
that article says it all...sigh..
i meet all e requirements for the ACP and when Jetstar announced the ACP programme, I was jumping for joy! finally a break for Singaporeans...but now..ex-RSAF..that i certainly am not..*pulling hair out*

haliflex
25th Feb 2011, 01:08
He added that the launch of the new fund was timely. If the airline is eligible for it, the money will help to subsidise training for its pilots.

damn it... no subsidise at all for ab initio...

thornycactus
25th Feb 2011, 06:50
I do think that the 700hrs TT will continue to stand.
I just clarified with CAAS Clyde and Simon over the issue about 700 flying hrs requirement pertaining to licensing conversion.

To my understanding (in the conversation with CAAS), the 700hrs stated in CAAS SASP2, means nothing! It is a GREY area.

For Singapore Citizen and PR, those who are holding foreign licence with <700hrs, it is not the end yet. Licence can be 101% be converted to CAAS licence! In another words, all foreign licence holders with less than 700hours still can be converted into CAAS licence. It all depends whether local air operator willing to sponsor you for licensing conversion or not.

The only exception is a CAAS CPL/IR & fATPL.
I already expected Jetstar Asia made a mistaken initially. 700hrs definitely not applicable to CAAS licence holder.

bolueeleh
25th Feb 2011, 12:45
it doesn't matter anymore if they only wanted ex RSAF pilots.

so 700hrs or not for the CAAS conversion is just wishful thinking on our part.

does anyone knows which church the head of operations of SIA goes to?
i will go join that church, this is what singapore has become, or should i say have always been. :D

bolueeleh
25th Feb 2011, 12:49
maybe i should join the (i pay for the 500hrs A320, i sell my soul but heck since everybody is doing it so should i) club,

but that is still not as powerful as the RSAF club. :D

Macarto
26th Feb 2011, 00:50
When does the 2nd course/batch intake commence?

What about the 1st course/batch intake, is the OAA Assessment for it already over and finalised? The stated application dateline is on the 31st January.

dream747
28th Feb 2011, 12:42
So far for the ACP those who have made it through are fresh CAAS CPL holders. There is also one candidate with a foreign licence with more than 700 hours TT.

PNY
3rd Mar 2011, 13:18
Having again spoken to the powers be at JetStarAsia, I have obtained the following classifications:

1. The maximum age for all cadet civilian applicants is 32 years old. The requirement is that they must be young and fit so that the airline recoups its investment in the individual

2. There is no pre-requisite military requirement for the ACP. In fact of 400 applications for ACP, only 6 have so far been hired, all civilians, and are awaiting class dates, as follows, 5 SFC graduates and 1 STATA Flight Instructor. Interviews for future ACP will occur again a few months but no more than 6 will be hired each intake for ACP for the time being.

3. Even with the standard hiring, A320 type rating and 500 hour minimum time, the airline has plenty with much greater experience trying to get on and even then some just do not make it through the interview and / or simulator evaluation either.

The Pilot career remains highly competitive and challenging for the foreseeable future. In fact JAL has 1,800 highly experienced Pilot's looking for new jobs.

Good luck folks!

Stallone
3rd Mar 2011, 14:06
400 :D

and to think people were laughing that the 700hrs requirement will scare away people

haliflex
3rd Mar 2011, 14:53
PNY: what did jetstar invest on the cadets? its all self funded...

PNY
3rd Mar 2011, 23:28
halifex:

1. I too was rejected by JetStarAsia, made lots of queries, and finally found out from the powers to be that is was because I exceed the age 32 requirement even though I meet the Singaporean pre-requisite.

2. As far as the company investment, there is actually money that has been granted to JetStarAsia by the Singapore government that makes all this possible. A non CAAS type rated pilot, getting in under the traditional pilot application process, not ACP, has to fork out S$60,000 + relocation + living expenses just to take the job. An ACP candidate forks out about the same amount but most of the money is used to clear CAAS exams, and obtain flight training to make them ready to fly jet aircraft so that they do not flunk out of the full A320 type rating training, so there is a company investment with this, it is not all individual sponsored, and therefore there is the age requirement stipulation. By limiting it to Singapore Citizen / PR the chances of you sticking around for them to recoup their investment is much higher.

3. As far as ACP anyway, the company I believe is not concerned with military vs. civilian, foreign vs. CAAS license, etc. Be mindful though, all 6 recently ACP hired already have a CAAS license so they will save 3-4 months of initial ground school in the ACP program. With Oxford having the monopoly with the CAAS in exam preparation now, you should see how much money they want for a 3 month at home self study computer disk course endorsed by the CAAS, that is a time savings both to the candidate and the airline.

I am sorry to share all this bad news with you folks but let's not screw up the rest of our lives, better to forge ahead to the future with both eyes wide open.

Take care and God bless all...

dream747
3rd Mar 2011, 23:37
Is it true that the ab-inito guys will be heading to UK for their ATPL studies? I'm just wondering if they would be doing the JAA subjects before converting it to a CAAS one or they'd be doing the CAAS subjects right from the start.

PNY is right on the ACP. In fact, Jetstar Asia is paying the type rating for us, we just have to pay for our MCC. It saves us a great deal of money.

bolueeleh
4th Mar 2011, 02:21
Thank you PNY, you really help old folks like us packed up our hopes and move on.

To : whoever from jetstar that is reading this forum, next time spell out your requirements clearly *#@holes!!

haliflex
4th Mar 2011, 03:26
PNY: any idea if the employment contract was offered to the ACP cadets before the start of the training? and as for the ab initio program, did Jetstar put in any money?

Droste
4th Mar 2011, 07:27
Let me summarise.All ACP applicants not only must be rich but must be young too!

Stallone
4th Mar 2011, 07:39
young and rich

double whammy

rotatejunkie
4th Mar 2011, 07:47
Since when did MCC and CAAS papers cost $50K?

MCC cost $3-5k....

Theory papers are but spare change...

Where do u think the money went?

Pretty much the type conversion...

dream747
4th Mar 2011, 08:00
CAAS type ratings require the candidate to do 3 take-offs and landings in the actual aircraft at the end of the entire course. This is why CAAS do not recognise your type rating if you do elsewhere on the CAAS licence and it costs much more compared to JAR for example.

PNY
4th Mar 2011, 09:36
I know all this hurts folks but do NOT take it so personally. Being an old fart myself, sort off anyway, I suggest that we all move on instead of getting so upset.

Singapore is no different that the rest of the world. Not that I want to share my life story on this forum, but I have been an airline pilot, and I left the industry shortly after being furloughed after 9/11 to support my family and only got back into it after I relocated back to Singapore.

It is time to move on, keep your eyes open, there might be another opportunity soon.

Think of those hopefuls much closer to realizing their dreams who will be pushed aside by the 1,800 pilot's from JAL that are now looking for work.

Remember : Careful Preparation + Opportunity = LUCK

The only ones you hurt by getting so upset is your loved ones who have done so much for you so calm down and move on with your eyes open.

Keep the faith always...

dream747: In case you have not updated yourself lately, it was about 2 months ago that CAAS converted all their exams to be similar to JAA exams and Oxford got the big contract for all of Singapore. Oxford sells the home study course license for 3 months of home study followed by 1 month of class room work with their instructors and then you take exams. Not sure how are doing with ab-initio though but that is the protocol now anyway...

Droste
5th Mar 2011, 03:05
I sympathize PNY.

dream747
5th Mar 2011, 08:59
PNY thanks for the update I didn't know that in all honesty. What about SFC cadets? Are they still on the traditional papers?

PNY
5th Mar 2011, 14:13
dream747:

Honestly, I would not know anything about SFC, I can tell you that the word about the change towards a JAA type licensing examinations was out for the last 9 months to smooth the transition before it happened.

I think Jeppesen tried very hard to get the CAAS contract but Oxford won out easily due to the fact that their JAA material is much more current, available in soft copy and changes were made to make it more applicable to Singapore than the effort Jeppesen made to simply try to sell their 15 book JAA ATPL library set that is not tailor made to Singapore at all. Also, it was only after the CAAS approval that Oxford decided to set up a classroom training center in Singapore that students attend to prepare for the examinations only after you master material for several months at home on the computer. Believe me, I have seen the prices though, Oxford licensing for the computer classroom is no cheap price tag either.

In fact, it was CAAS licensing folks themselves that sent the email brochure of available Oxford material to all schools and clubs themselves 2 months ago once the contract was sealed. So yes, the CAAS examinations now mirror the JAA examinations instead of the UK CAA like when you went to SFC!

dream747
7th Mar 2011, 04:11
When I was in SFC there's always been the talk of CAAS going the JAA way but nothing was ever confirmed during my time there. So I suppose they're doing the JAA papers? It'll mean no Meteorology Practical paper on it's own, more subjects.. etc. Thanks for the update by the way!

bowing
8th Mar 2011, 10:34
jetstar cadets have been grounded til further notice even cleared to line cadets.....in oz.......just the start:uhoh:

themerlion12
10th Mar 2011, 13:10
somehow i saw this all coming. as a mentor of mine said, the sector truly does have bad karma.

training wheels
10th Mar 2011, 22:15
jetstar cadets have been grounded til further notice even cleared to line cadets.....in oz.......just the start:uhoh:

The start of what? What's happening in Aus is a local industrial relations issue which has no affect on what happens in Singapore.

bowing
10th Mar 2011, 22:25
what happens in australia with jetstar cadets will I hope not affect chances out in the jetstar network ...will see with interest what takes place...

Stallone
10th Mar 2011, 22:33
yeah.. They operate independently.. Why would it affect things here?

wannabe15
30th Mar 2011, 02:15
anyone know if the program has started? Where is the groundschool?

Stallone
14th Apr 2011, 05:50
Inaugural Class of Jetstar's Cadet Pilot Training Program

Posted on Wednesday 16th March 2011 | Airline (http://halldale.com/news/airline)
Fifteen Singaporeans will see their aviation careers take off this month as they take their place in the inaugural class of Jetstar's Cadet Pilot Training Program developed in partnership with Oxford Aviation Academy.
The program is part of Jetstar's effort to develop top aviation potential in Singapore and create exciting new career opportunities with one of the region's fastest growing airlines. Jetstar Asia chief executive officer, Ms Chong Phit Lian addressed the inaugural class at a special ceremony to wish farewell to the candidates, many of whom will be flying to Oxford in the United Kingdom to commence training that will include time spent in the UK, Singapore, Melbourne and Hong Kong.
Managing director of Oxford Aviation Academy, Mr Anthony Petteford flew to Singapore especially to address this historically significant class, joining officials from the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore and the Changi Airport Group. “Interest in the program was overwhelming with over 400 quality applications for the inaugural training program. We are delighted with the level of interest and we are excited to continue to work with the team at Jetstar Asia on selecting candidates for the next program,” he said.
Cadets selected in the inaugural class range in ages from 22 to 36 years and come from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience.

Authored by Fiona Greenyer

Inaugural Class of Jetstar's Cadet Pilot Training Program | Halldale (http://halldale.com/news/inaugural-class-jetstars-cadet-pilot-training-program)

yshiai
14th Apr 2011, 08:05
:ok:Anyone out here applied for the Stage 2 June assessments? I am going on the 14th and 15th June. The assessments will be held from 13 Jun to 23 Jun but venue is not confirmed as per what the person told me. Btw issit a "sure to get stage 2 assessment" if u meet all their criterias?

Stallone
14th Apr 2011, 08:18
Day 1 assessment only last for 2hrs, why did they give u 2 dates?

Only if you manage to pass the battery of tests in Day 1 then you'll be called for Day 2 assessment

yshiai
15th Apr 2011, 03:37
i am not sure.. the person told me "i'll write u in for 14 and 15 June".. prolly she means i will go on 15th if i do get thru the 14th one.. what's the attrition rate like?

Stallone
15th Apr 2011, 05:02
1 session is 12 for Day 1

good sessions got 3 pass to go Day 2, bad ones nil... :{

yshiai
15th Apr 2011, 06:12
Wa that's very :ugh:... It purely depends on the computer tests right? That means the intake for ab initio will be prolly 6-7? Omg. Stallone did u apply?! So u know how many people do get to these assessments?

Stallone
15th Apr 2011, 07:02
applied, went all the way, but JSA decides i'm not good enough for them eventhough i'm good enough to pass OAA's tests.

according to one who went for the course briefing, 11 Ab Initios were accepted, and 9 took up the course with 2 rejecting it.

i've did a simple calculation of how many people were called for Day 1 assessment earlier in this thread, go and read it there. :hmm:

dagger19
15th Apr 2011, 07:48
yshiai
is the june assessment open already? or they selected from the previous application?

yshiai
15th Apr 2011, 09:48
The June assessment is open! Look at their website for more details and also oaa website.. so i guess have to apply fast.. they took about 10 days to review my application before getting back to me but i guess as more and more pple apply they'll take abit longer.. btw i applied on 1 april and i didn't apply previously..:ok:

yshiai
15th Apr 2011, 09:50
Wanna try again this time?!

Stallone
16th Apr 2011, 08:16
$400 for the assessment, maybe next yr if they're still recruiting.

S$180k fee, with RHB only giving S$100k loan, I have no idea where to find the extra S$80k.

The need to pay OAA S$10k/month is seriously no joke. Not forgetting you need to feed yourself with food and thick clothes to keep yourself warm while in the UK and Australia

you better have a good financial plan if you're going for it.

yshiai
16th Apr 2011, 10:08
Stallone u Alr have a financial support ah?

Stallone
16th Apr 2011, 13:42
nothing. no support, if JSA took me in, i also won't know how to handle the financial part.

so perhaps it's a blessing in disguise..

this profession is seriously becoming one which only the rich can get in

yshiai
16th Apr 2011, 15:16
Stallone.. I also don't have that much money. I'm just trying for a dream.. Haha.. So I'll try all avenues.. Sq CX Jetstar.. Hope theres a way at the end of every road..seems like Jetstar not easy too.. U know what's the education background of the ab initios that got in?

yshiai
16th Apr 2011, 15:18
And I hope that not only rich Pple can get in. I hope people with capabilities and a dream of flying can find their place in the cockpit.:ok:

Stallone
16th Apr 2011, 15:53
about the rest, there are degree holders, diploma holders..

they didn't ask for my degree certs or anything, only ask for a CV..

sometimes, dreams also need to be realistic, and i won't deny that if JSA had taken me in, i'll go somewhere to find the extra S$80k loan..

what I get out of the whole process was feeling good knowing that I'm good enough for OAA, which is a pretty prestigious aviation school..

still searching and waiting for my chance.. :sad:

Blomqvist
16th Apr 2011, 16:05
hey stallone..
care to share more abt the loan part?
what do u mean by paying 10k/mth to OAA?
u mean they r willing to loan u the other 80k?
and seriously no need for education certs etc?
did they even ask u to declare eyesight like SQ?

Stallone
16th Apr 2011, 16:14
hey stallone..
care to share more abt the loan part?
what do u mean by paying 10k/mth to OAA?
u mean they r willing to loan u the other 80k?
and seriously no need for education certs etc?
did they even ask u to declare eyesight like SQ? OAA course fee = S$180k
RHB loan = S$100k
go find on your own = S$80k
OAA course = 18months
Pay to OAA per month = S$180k/18

they didnt ask for my cert during interview.

eyesight is not an issue as long as you can attain Class 1 medical. SQ is the only airline in the world so anal about eyesight, even higher requirement than RSAF

jamelica
16th Apr 2011, 16:34
you are instructed to fill up a detailed form by jetstar after completing stage 2 and at the same time, submit relevant documents (eg. licences and certificates)

dont worry so much!

Blomqvist
16th Apr 2011, 18:14
alright thanks for that!

yshiai
17th Apr 2011, 01:19
How many interviews are there? Is it like the dull cost carriers whereby they have personal and technical questions? And what's the salary like when u first graduate from the course? Cuz by that time U'll be in a lot of debt... And thanks stallone for ur advise man!

Stallone
19th Apr 2011, 02:07
How many interviews are there? Is it like the dull cost carriers whereby they have personal and technical questions? And what's the salary like when u first graduate from the course? Cuz by that time U'll be in a lot of debt... And thanks stallone for ur advise man!

one by OAA, one by JSA

Personal mainly, technical minimal, that was my experience

according to other online sources, pay for a JFO is around S$6000 for the Jetstar cadets in Australia/NZ, don't quote me on this

Maverick16
2nd May 2011, 08:36
Hi Yshiai,

I read that you have been selected for the June intake assessment. Any idea when is the deadline for applying for the June intake? Is the assesment period within that time frame as you mentioned? So successful applicants have about a month from now to prepare right? Thanks.

Maverick16
2nd May 2011, 08:39
Hi Stallone and everyone,

Does anyone here have any idea about the recruitment process of Singapore Airlines under the new silkroad?

yshiai
3rd May 2011, 09:20
I don't see any deadline on the website. But all those going for June assesment and have applied in april or so have got our official notification to go for the assessment at changi village hotel from 13 June to 24 June. But i guess if u haven applied just apply asap and see how..cuz maybe it's a rolling recruitment, meaning u will still be considered at any time so go ahead and apply! :ok: all the best man! Hope u can make it for the June assessment!

Macarto
3rd May 2011, 13:45
Hey Yishi,

I applied on the 17th of March and have not got a reply yet. Any idea? When did you applied for it?

How do you know there is a 2nd assessment coming up?

webbyboy
6th May 2011, 06:21
I got accepted for 14th/15th june assessment test too. Flying back from Seoul. Just wondering how many people will be going for the stage 2 assessments?

Stallone: The RHB Loan must paid during the course of training? Or it's only when you start flying for JSA?

yshiai
10th May 2011, 08:21
Hey! Yu should call! I have applied on the 31 March, and my date given is 14 and 15 June! Do email them to check asap! Hope to see u there! As long as u meet their requirement, im sure i'll see u there! :ok:

Skybound79
10th May 2011, 13:28
For the guys who have been invited for an assessment with OAA for the Jetstar Asia Ab-Initio Pilot Training, just a word of caution that some parties may just be purely interested in making some quick $$$$ out of this recruitment and not to be too quick to get all starry-eyed over this recruitment invitation. As we all know candidates 'selected' for the interview have to pay $400 SGD first before the assessment slot is confirmed. I applied for the ACP as I have a CPL/IR with a couple of hundreds of flying hours, and jet time as well. But guess what, I got an email reply asking me to fill up a form which turned out to be the standard Ab-Initio Application Form. I filled up the form anyway and submitted it to them, asking for clarification as to why I was required to fill up an Ab-Initio Form when I was applying for ACP. But no reply and explanation was given, till subsequently I got an email invite for guess what? The assessment for Ab-Initio position scheduled in June, with all the detailed instructions for making the $400 payment. Again I emailed them asking to clarify what was going on, and sadly still no reply to date. This whole thing just disgusts me, the fact that pilots like us have gotten to such a sorry state these days that even FTOs have no qualms about exploiting the whole situation for some quick bucks. First it was pay for your training/type-rating in order to secure employment, now it's pay to be trained as well as pay to be interviewed/assessed. God knows in future it's gonna be pay $$$ in order to even submit an application for a flying job...:ugh:

yshiai
14th May 2011, 12:26
Seriously, is the jetstar programme worth it compared to those airline sponsored 2nd officer programme?

truefaith
2nd Jun 2011, 19:25
May I know how much is the ground course and what is the duration of the fATPL theory course?

Thank you. :)

rotatejunkie
2nd Jun 2011, 19:47
Check with the course provider.

They are the best source, factoring inflation, currency fluctuations and fuel hedging.

They are at Seletar Airport. Drop in and have a chat.

wannabe15
3rd Jun 2011, 01:51
Based on last year's cost, is about S$120,000

truefaith
3rd Jun 2011, 02:26
1. The maximum age for all cadet civilian applicants is 32 years old. The requirement is that they must be young and fit so that the airline recoups its investment in the individual

Strange...weired rule.

I can understand if age requirement were to impose on fully Jetstar sponsored cadets as these cadets are "owned" by Jetstar.

However, some cadets can be qualified or they are paying full cost by themselves, I wonder do Jetstar still "picky" on those for non-Jetstar sponsored cadets?

Perhaps, can PNY kindly enquire for us?

truefaith
3rd Jun 2011, 02:30
Check with the course provider.
They are the best source, factoring inflation, currency fluctuations and fuel hedging. They are at Seletar Airport. Drop in and have a chat.
Called a few times and was told to get back to me. Hm...no news till now.

I would like to know the estimated figure. :)

Based on last year's cost, is about S$120,000
Thannk you wannabe15. I am enquiring about ground course cost not full course cost. ;)

wannabe15
3rd Jun 2011, 04:40
I don't think STAA offers Ground School but from what i know, it's in the region of S$15,000

truefaith
3rd Jun 2011, 07:56
I don't think STAA offers Ground School but from what i know, it's in the region of S$15,000
You mean those STAA ab-initio guys are smart enough to study by themselves to take ATPL examination without ground school? :rolleyes:

wannabe15
3rd Jun 2011, 09:28
It's an integrated course so they have to attend ground school. what i meant was the breakdown of the cost for various components, the ground school portion is about S$15,000 (as i was told)

truefaith
3rd Jun 2011, 10:04
wannabe15, it is clearer now. :) Thank you.

For their ground school, is it full-time or part-time? How long is the duration of the entire ground school?

PNY
5th Jun 2011, 10:38
truefaith,

Yes, unfortunately JetStarAsia still picky on the age requirement but I have also been told to hold on a few more months, as the economy improves, for better opportunities within Singapore itself.

I will loose my confidential source of information if I reveal anymore at this time... but I continue to have faith and remain optimistic.

Good luck!

yshiai
27th Jun 2011, 00:16
Anyone waiting for a call to go jetstar mgmt round? Anyone Hu went on to day 2 got the call yet?

rotatejunkie
18th Aug 2011, 08:51
Hey boys,
Anyones been scheduled for the Jet* ASIA ACP CTC arranged assessments yet? :confused:

Macarto
3rd Jan 2012, 01:05
Looking to revive this thread. I'll start by asking if there are any applicants or successful applicants for the CTC ab-initio programme?

PNY
9th Jan 2012, 03:16
Those of you still in the wings to apply for next round, please be advised that all 6 accepted candidates for JetStarAsia Advanced Cadet Program have had their class dates postponed several times and the delay has now exceeded 1 year.

However, as per Oxford, the class is NOT cancelled, just postponed... perhaps another 3 to 4 more months?

Sadly, time line wise, there are MCPL candidates with STAA who will go from 0 hours to Tiger Airways cockpit faster then those waiting for the JetStarAsia ACP.

Welcome to Singapore...

Macarto
9th Jan 2012, 07:58
Hey PNY,

Were the MCPL candidates with STAA given a conditional offer of employment with Tiger airways or are they self-sponsored? If they are the latter, how are they with Tiger?

PNY
12th Jan 2012, 01:09
Macarto,

You seem not to know who you are communicating with here do you... and I am about to leave this tread again and not help out if you don't cool it.

Understand that the CAAS does not grant a MCPL unless the air carrier plans for the individual to go through various stages with that carrier and someday become a Pilot-in-Command.

All those within the Beta trial are now Tiger Airways Junior First Officers earning a pay check...

True that pay check is about 30% less than the Senior First Officer but not too many of you out there making S$90K per annum and enjoying what you do...

Also, they have to keep current their CAAS PPL by flying 9V group A airplanes at least 5 hours a year and the MCPL is designed so that over the years they will gain the traditional licenses.

True there is always the possibility of another recession, bankruptcy or 9/11 terrorist attacks or something that can thow the airline or industry out of whack again. Barring all this, the airline makes a substantial investment in the individual too, it is not the individual alone that forks out the bucks, both parties benefit, and these MCPL graduates will have a nice job for a real long time.

Also, my personal preferance, within my expereince, JetStar Asia is favoured over Tiger Airways anyday.

Now if you wish to blow your cool again with me, then may I ask what do you do???? I am only trying to help you son... good day!

mickccm
8th Feb 2012, 09:23
Hey Macarto,
I have sent in my application about 2 weeks ago. and received email regarding payment and also date of the assessment for next month.

loon
26th Feb 2012, 14:39
Hey Mickccm,

You applied for the ab-initio programe or the advance course btw? How was the interview too?

anodize
27th Feb 2012, 02:00
I myself got the email too!

See you on the 23rd!

valibel9999
13th Mar 2012, 03:47
Hey Bro, i got their email as well, wonder how is the test look like...

wannabe15
13th Mar 2012, 08:11
this is the ab-initio or ACP?

truefaith
28th Mar 2012, 03:24
Hello PNY,

Have to spoken to Bara? I realised he is big-shot after a meal at McDonald's.

CCK is not a good person to talk to for job employment. Get in touch with Pasupathi.

N5748E
13th Apr 2012, 02:53
Hi there,

Did anyone here go to the 2012 Jetstar Asia Ab Initio selection by OAA? It was held in Singapore in Mar/Apr 2012.

Regards.

loon
13th Apr 2012, 09:00
I went too but didn't made it through the first round. What about you?

rooster85
16th Apr 2012, 11:40
Anyone here knows how long it take for Jetstar Asia to call us for the management interview?

I went through the assessment and was informed i was successful for the assessment and Jetstar Asia will contact us for the interview. But its been about 2 weeks from that email.

Thanks

N5748E
16th Apr 2012, 12:01
Hi Rooster85,

Just sent you a PM.

Macarto
16th Apr 2012, 12:03
Hey People apparently the JSA Cadet application / registration form is link is down?

N5748E
16th Apr 2012, 12:10
Yes, it's normally down when selection has begun and applications are closed for this period of time.

N5748E
17th Jun 2012, 07:24
Any of the 7 that got selected for this year's program happen to be loitering around in this forum?

alibaba1988
18th Jun 2012, 04:15
@N5748E - I did not know there is only 7 of us!! Handed up HR my resignation letter already! Can't wait for the course to start!

truefaith
22nd Jun 2012, 01:06
I have reading/study materials (hardcopy) from Malaysia to be given.

Good for those who are about enrolling to STAA or self-study preparation for CAAS ATPL theory examination.

I also have flight training video tapes (not vcd/dvd) for those heading to U.S. to get license.

Anybody interested, kindly send private message.

PNY
22nd Jun 2012, 14:34
I understand some of you want to airline pilot's real bad but its not a good idea to start handing in resignation letters to your current HR without having a start date as that start date can be given and postponed many times over.

It certanly happened to the last group, so many times, and how many ACP from previous batch flying the line now? How many pass / fail simulator type ride? How many pass / fail base check? How many pass / fail Initial Operating Experience? Use caution, such results from first batch of ACP group was not good...

Sorry...it does not come with a money back guarantee either...

Good luck!

jamesngu
25th Feb 2014, 04:12
Is there any ACP who has just attended the final panel interview with JSA? I'll appreciate if you could drop me an email @ [email protected]

Thanks

Nphl
26th Feb 2014, 01:46
Is the ACP still on?

wonderland
26th Feb 2014, 05:54
Did'nt they reject a few guys from STAA the other day?

CodyBlade
26th Feb 2014, 06:44
I was worried about the STAA guys..

flying.monkeyz
26th Feb 2014, 08:19
Just curious, what's wrong with the STAA guys?