PDA

View Full Version : 3 rd country licence requirements delayed till 2014

Pace
14th Dec 2010, 17:25
EASA FCL Update 14 Dec 2010 (http://www.aopa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=296:easa-fcl-update-14-dec-2010&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=247)

From AOPA UK website and just confirming what appears to be the state of play.
Lets hope a Bilateral agreement is sorted in that time or if close another delay.
Regardless this is good news and will allow more time for opposition to it ever making law in Euope.

Pace

robin
14th Dec 2010, 19:18
The 3rd Country part of this is only one part of the FCL paper.

There is a lot of rubbish about that has slipped under the radar. It is not all good news

S-Works
14th Dec 2010, 19:25
It is already law......... It is contained in the basic regulation. All this does is delay the inevitable. It is just being used as a bargaining chip with the FAA. I would not get your hopes up. As Robin says an awful lot more slipped through.

IO540
14th Dec 2010, 20:51
Not inevitable at all.

You need to read the basic reg. It is a load of waffle, with vague phrases which nobody could have voted against. It's got stuff like '3rd country aircraft will be subject to EC regulation' which (a) nobody could vote against because to do so is saying that there will be no control whatever over 3rd country aircraft and (b) they already are anyway - the UK CAA can bust an N-reg for being illegally maintained, not carrying airspace-mandated equipment, etc.

It's a standard political trick. You knock up vague 'enabling regulation' which is guaranteed to pass, and then you build the contentious stuff on the back of that, relying on several dishonest devices:

- few people will notice
- few people will understand it if there is 600 pages of detail
- if somebody objects, you say you are only delivering on law which the EU has already passed

:ugh:

Nothing new here. The gravy train riders in Brussels have had 50 years of practice but the Romans had all this pretty well polished > 2000 years ago.

S-Works
14th Dec 2010, 21:04
Unlike you to be so upbeat IO......

However, I still think inevitible. But just think one of us will get to say I told you so.........