PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Ice lake landing

vanHorck
14th Dec 2010, 11:45
I read a few years ago in a French magazine about a temporary aerodrome on an iced-up lake somewhere north east of Lausanne which is only open one weekend per year, I believe in January (so coming up soon).

I used the search function about this to read about people's experiences but I must have done something wrong. ;-)

From the article I recollect anyone can land on the 700m or so (ice) strip but only after having landed at a nearby permanent aerodrome where a briefing is given.

any club outings there or private experiences/plans?

take_0ff
14th Dec 2010, 15:15
You probably mean Lac Noir/ Schwarzsee. I think it is organised by the aerodrome of Ecuvillens (LSGE). (Arodrome Rgional Fribourg-Ecuvillens, Ecuvillens, Suisse, Switzerland, Schweiz (http://www.aerodrome-ecuvillens.ch/index.php) only in French)

There is no information, when the next fly-in will be.

Here are some pictures of Lac Noir 2009: Aérodrome Régional Fribourg-Ecuvillens, Ecuvillens, Suisse, Switzerland, Schweiz (http://www.aerodrome-ecuvillens.ch/index.php?page=./activites/photos_lacnoir.htm)

I have never been there -> no experience I could share.

Hope this helps, though.

Take_0ff

vanHorck
15th Dec 2010, 14:07
That's the one!

Now, if anyone wanted a nice club outing surely this must be a unique one....

Alternatively I could a certain Mr Rutherford organizing something....

Katamarino
17th Dec 2010, 07:19
I want to land on an ice runway this winter. Let us know if you find anything else out!

BackPacker
17th Dec 2010, 08:53
If you need a co-pilot to take, for instance, the SVR to that ice lake, let me know!

Katamarino
17th Dec 2010, 10:52
I'll do that! :ok:

vanHorck
17th Dec 2010, 18:07
I m sure the Swiss club at Fribourg will have something of an email warning if they decide to open the runway, so if you're interested best subscribe to such an email warning.

I remember from the article that I read, I believe in the french "Pilote", that the Ice Aerodrome is only opened one weekend per year so it's not the easiest aerodrome to get in your logbook....

Anybody going is only allowed to do so if they promise to post pics here on pprune!