PDA

View Full Version : Members opinion on obtaining an online MBA in Aviation from Embry Riddle

Marcuscoyote
12th Dec 2010, 22:01
Hi All,

I am currently employed as a manager in a finance role at British Airways, and would like your opinion on the pros and cons of obtaining an online MBA in Aviation from Embry Riddle University? By way of background, I am a Chartered Accountant with a Bachelors Degree in Commerce from one of Australia's top universities.

My desire is to one day move into a senior strategic role at a major international airline (preferably an American airline) as my passion and interest level is purely the strategy of network carriers.

The reasons for completing this specific MBA is partly career, but more the inherent passion and interest I have in aviation.

Based on the above, any advice on whether this specific MBA would be a worthwhile pursuit, would be greatly appreciated.

Intruder
12th Dec 2010, 22:05
I suppose it would look better on your resume than no MBA...

First look into the accreditations ER has for the curriculum. I don't know what accreditations they have, if any.

crbnftprnt
15th Dec 2010, 00:26
You say your undergrad is from a top-tier Australian university. Embry-Riddle would not be regarded as a top-tier MBA-granting institution. You run the risk of diminishing your credentials rather than enhancing them.

Ancient Observer
22nd Dec 2010, 13:08
Your location is given as London.
Go look here to see whether or not they recognise that MBA programme. They recognise too many, IMHO, so if it is not recognised, it will be useless.

Association of MBAs (http://www.mbaworld.com)