PDA

View Full Version : PPL questions...

airbus wannabe
22nd Jan 2001, 22:15
HI ya'll :) I am doing my medical for my PPL this thursday at 1:15, GATWICK, further details, email me...and i was wondering what i should do once i pass the med? Presuming i DO pass it, and i am doing my PPL flying in Canada, should i get the main exam out the way first? air law i believe? i speak to the flying school manager in victoria through email regualy, and ask him..." i can do the general exams over here, but i am unable to do the R/T and nav exam as i have no chance due to no lessons in the air over here. I understand the theory, but to answer questions with the wind computer etc, i have no chance, as with R/T, as i only did 3 hours in this country...
Hope you can help,
Smooth skies,
Dan :)

Squawk 8888
22nd Jan 2001, 23:23
Well, if you're going to train here in Canada you need to pass the PSTAR (minimum 90%), which is fairly easy (mostly air law questions) and the radio exam before you can solo. I wrote my PPLAER exam before doing the flight test and every instructor I know recommends writing the exam ASAP after groundschool, before you forget everything :)

Click here (http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/general/FLTCREW/study.htm) to download study guides and sample exams in PDF or Word format.