PDA

View Full Version : EASA meeting December

robin
6th Dec 2010, 20:16
Is it tomorrow that EASA are returning for a further attempt to get their proposal for FCL through

Fingers crossed they get another kicking

If anyone has any news, please let us know.

IO540
6th Dec 2010, 20:18
These people (http://www.november.aero/) are preparing some very good material.

Just got some more tonight.

Pace
7th Dec 2010, 23:16
What a joke the reply to the question on third country liceneces! Wow all I need to do to convert my FAA ATP to an EASA ATP is a LITTLE test and my abilities to show an understanding of EU regs.
What have I wound myself up about? piece of cake? i dont think so.
These 106 regulators are paid to turn out this dribble
More like 2 years and many hours of distant leanring to pass the 14 exams and a small fortune and time for the flight side.
A little test?

Pace

Sam Rutherford
8th Dec 2010, 07:27
Is this thread combinable (is that a verb?) with the EASA N Reg Threat one?

Just a thought, Sam.

sunday driver
8th Dec 2010, 08:21
If it were a word it would aspire to be an adjective I suspect :8

Pace
8th Dec 2010, 12:54
With UK press reports today now stating that the collapse of the Euro is now inevitable makes me wonder what the picture will be in 2012 in the EC?

Come back the good OL CAA

Pace

IO540
8th Dec 2010, 14:14
I do wonder about that... working inside EASA (assuming they actually read the papers) must feel like doing the cutlery inventory on the Titanic, 1hr before it sinks.

But one must not underestimate the staying power of Brussels. With Germany in the centre, and Germany is doing OK, the EU is not going to fall apart. It's possible that the hangers-on like Spain, Italy, Ireland, Greece, etc (who obviously joined primarily for the handouts) will drop off but EASA will carry on for ever, IMHO.

What might happen is that some EASA initiatives might get moderated a bit in the final closed-doors EU sessions, because EASA/EU will need all the votes it can get. But I think this picture is too complicated to call; politicians who went to live and work in Brussels tend to be professional career gravy train riders (the UK ones who gave a hard time to Goudou being an evident exception) who will hang on regardless.

Many years ago I was a Director of a bigger business than I have now. The "chairman" (a rotarian, freemason, and into every social function going) was an old hand at this stuff. Every board meeting started off with a vote on the dividend. This lubricated the remainder of the meeting very nicely. Even yours truly, never worried about being a nuisance, went along with it. Take this, multiply it 10x, polish it for 50 years, and you have ......... the EU directorate.

It's not going to fold up that easily.