PDA

View Full Version : General aviation

petar blank
6th Dec 2010, 12:58
Is there some official publication including international standards and world practice related to the general aviation planning (common size of aprons, location, terminal buildings, hangars etc.)? Something like ICAO Airport Design Manual, but specialized for g.a.?
Tnx.

Piltdown Man
21st Dec 2010, 16:51
Try searching for ICAO Annex 14.

PM

Sir George Cayley
21st Dec 2010, 22:10
Annex 14 is a good start, but more guidance to be found in the Aerodrome Design Manual. ICAO Doc 9157.

Not available at all good booksellers

Sir George Cayley

petar blank
27th Dec 2010, 14:13
I've already read Annex14 and everything that I could find in ADM. Yes, there are basics that one could use for general aviation capacities planning (you just follow instruction for the type of aircraft you expect to be referent), but I would like to find more information about the positioning of this precise type of traffic inside one airport's system, about its characteristics and special needs, if there's some. For sure, it shows certain need to be independent, but still well integrated within airport perimeter. And what about technology and functional elements? Something is same whether you handle D or A aircraft's category, but still there are unavoidable diversities, right? And of course, the referent client is not the same...
There's gotta be some book or publication strictly dedicated to the general aviation planning :ugh: What do you think my friends?

Sir George Cayley
27th Dec 2010, 21:58
Maybe there ain't anything written. Of course you could offer:ok:

I've got a contact at both ICAO and EASA if you want to volunteer.

Sir George Cayley