PDA

View Full Version : aircraft for para - rent

Lowmick
5th Dec 2010, 13:44
Hello, I am looking for any single engine (piston) aircraft for rent in Europe (as much close to Czech Republic as possible) for year 2011. The main req is 4-5 "pax". Ability to reach at least 3000m (FL110) with parachutists. And of course price :O

C206, C207 or maybe C182, Airvan,....? PC6 is too big and as turbine expensive at all

If you have plane like this that is standing in hangar or you know about friend who got one...

Thank you for any ideas

Pilot DAR
5th Dec 2010, 14:10
Lowmick,

Remind yourself that it will be necessary to have an aircraft which is specifically configured and approved for paradropping, just having the plane alone is the beginning point. In the case of the Cessna 206/207, there is a fairly simple Cessna kit for paradropping, but you'll have to have that kit, or the aircraft so configured. Also be aware that paradropping opertions are known to be harder than normal on aircraft, engines and interiors in particular. Owners tend to know this, so there might not be a line up of owners wanting their aircraft doing this work, without assurances for such wear and tear.

It could be interpreted that paradropping is a commercial activity, and that will invoke all kinds of regulatory requirements, and perhaps different maintenacne requirements for the aircraft - be ready for those

I flew jumpers for years, and have first hand experience with this, I have also done many mods on other aircraft for this work. It's not always as simple as it seems....

Good luck

S-Works
5th Dec 2010, 15:03
Drop me a PM. We have multiple aircraft cleared for para ops available including a cherokee 6 in para config that is cleared and ready to go.

Mickey Kaye
5th Dec 2010, 18:21
Bose just out of interest how does a Six compare to a 206 when paradropping?

S-Works
5th Dec 2010, 18:31
There is little to choose between them in reality.

Lowmick
5th Dec 2010, 18:37
Thank you guys!

Pilot DAR: thanks. We operate some Antonovs, Cessna, turboprop etc. for para jumping. But looking for some more (presently just for rent). Also, we have maintenance center for all these types, so no prob with that.

S-Works
5th Dec 2010, 18:41
It is indeed a very nice setup! I look forward to returning for more of that ghoulash!

goldeneaglepilot
5th Dec 2010, 19:49
Flew both in the early eighties for hour building with the local para club, Both really nice to fly but the Cherokee six always seemed to outclimb the 206, however you could get the 206 back on the ground quicker without cooling the engine too much. So in reality nothing to choose between the two, both will do the job really well. Both built like tanks...

S-Works
6th Dec 2010, 07:41
A lot! Pm me if you have a specific question.