PDA

View Full Version : Shortstripper update

shortstripper
4th Dec 2010, 19:34
Hi All,

Thought I'd just let you know how things are going as I've had such great support over the last couple of "difficult" years!

We've now moved up to Norfolk and I'm 2 months into my new job. it's strange to be employed even though it's the same sort of work that I've done in a self employed capacity for many many years. Feels very odd not having to keep VAT receipts ect, but also nice not to have to worry about keeping money back for the taxman (assuming no PAYE cockups!). Workwise things are very interesting as I guess most new jobs are. I have plenty to get my teeth into as there are quite a few problems that have just been left to run but really need sorting pdq!

Flying wise ... well; hmmmmm! The Falke wasn't quite the bargain it appeared, but "will" make a nice aeroplane! As a LAA member and keen builder buying a C of A aeroplane has proved quite frustrating! There are quite a few problems that I could easily do myself, but have had to look to professional help to complete. The final bill will equal the price I payed, but the aeroplane will still be below it's market value with a new EASA C of A. Luckily, I've found someone to come in as a 50% partner so it hasn't broken the bank!

I've visited my local strut airstrip which is Priory Farm, and was kindly taken for a ride in a microlight that pretty well out performs just about every SEP that I've ever flown!!!

I should be flying again fully in my own right by early next year; so clear the skies as they'll once again be unsafe for any sensible flyers unless you stay above 500' :)

SS

Sir George Cayley
5th Dec 2010, 21:07
I love the irrepressible optimism that surfaces on this site:ok:

Good on you. I wish you only blue sky and zephyr winds.

(If not zephyr would a consul do?)

SGC